Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Flying through MAD in a week on our way back to the US in the early morning.

Anyone have recent experience with the shower situation at T4S? I’m assuming it’s open?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by jona970318
Flying through MAD in a week on our way back to the US in the early morning.

Anyone have recent experience with the shower situation at T4S? I’m assuming it’s open?
I haven't been to the T4S lounge, but I used a shower in the T4 lounge three weeks ago (arriving from JFK, connecting to a domestic flight).

By the way, I have been to the T4 lounge several times in these three weeks and the food has improved.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:15 am

The showers are available, was just there 1 week ago.

You just tell them at the front desk when you enter that you want a shower, and they give you a code to enter in the door keypad.

tip: if you go very early at opening time if the lounge, request it right away because when I went people were lining up to enter the lounge at opening 6 am and soon after all the showers were full.
luckily I got one, they’re nice
Yllanes likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
What kind of food can I expect at Dali lounge at 9 am? Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2021, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ffay005
What kind of food can I expect at Dali lounge at 9 am? Thanks!
You can rely on the info provided upthread, nothing has changed.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 3:55 pm

Thanks. It's a very quiet thread. Someone said last month that the food has improved, but no elaboration.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hello , we have been to the Dali lounge 2 times in the past two weeks. One time around 14 h and one time around 19 h. The lounge is in 3 parts with in the middle a bar area witch we found it very nice to sit in and have a drink. There was some hot food (abondigas and some other things like salads) The toilets are very clean . I do not no if the showers were open. It was not that busy but is was not calm also. All in all we send some time here and enjoyed it.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 7:28 am

Thanks! If they have hot food in the afternoon/evening, then I'm sure they'll offer some kind of breakfast in the morning, as well.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 2:20 am

To answer my own question, there was an average hotel breakfast available. Bread rolls, croissants, ham, cheese, some fruit, cereals, yoghurt and a few hot items. No problem getting well fed.

Also, at the entrance there was a sign saying Sala Velasquez is now open with limited hours. Unfortunately I didn’t mark the hours down but they’re open from 7:30 am until maybe 5 pm. Hopefully someone can report the exact closing time.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
Also, at the entrance there was a sign saying Sala Velasquez is now open with limited hours. Unfortunately I didn’t mark the hours down but they’re open from 7:30 am until maybe 5 pm. Hopefully someone can report the exact closing time.
Ouch! If that stays around for long, it's bad news for the IB flights to LatAm that go late at night.

Confirmed times 07:30 - 17:30 on IB website https://www.iberia.com/es/sales-vip/
Outside these times, use Dalí in T4.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by ubiest
Ouch! If that stays around for long, it's bad news for the IB flights to LatAm that go late at night.

Confirmed times 07:30 - 17:30 on IB website https://www.iberia.com/es/sales-vip/
Velázquez is now showing a close time of 01:00, so looks to be available for the late night flights as well.
ubiest likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:01 am

Lounge access question.

Wife and I are flying ORD-MAD tomorrow night business award ticket. Then flying economy MAD-BCN on a separate reservation. Both flights are IB, but after booking the original tickets, we decided to start our trip in Barcelona hence why it's 2 separate tickets. I was in the process of booking Biz award flights when they disappeared for the flight we want.

Will I be able show my ORD-MAD ticket at the Dali lounge for access? We have 4 hours to make the connection so getting the chance to shower would be a win.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't go back far enough in this thread originally. Found the answer in some posts from November last year. Looks like we should be good for access.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Sleep areas in the non-schengen t4s lounge

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the sleep areas in the Velazquez lounge are open currently (or even still exist)? I haven’t had a chance to use the non-schengen lounge at MAD but will be having a nearly 5 hour layover and would appreciate a quick snooze. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
Don't wanna open a new thread for an easy question (and hope answer as well )
Does anybody knows if the BA lounge at Milan Linate Apt has re-opened or not? Premium Pax from LIN has any lounge to use yet?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by AZ112
Don't wanna open a new thread for an easy question (and hope answer as well )
Does anybody knows if the BA lounge at Milan Linate Apt has re-opened or not? Premium Pax from LIN has any lounge to use yet?

Thanks in advance!
You should probably check on the BA forum - doesn't look like it though according to the wiki on this thread:

BA lounges : COVID-19 closures and reopenings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.