Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by henhen
Arriving BOS-MAD in Business class and connecting to PMI in J as well.
Would like to use the bigger/better Velaz lounge in 4S despite the Schengen flight leaving from 4. It seems the agents would prefer to direct me to 4 and not let me stay in 4S?
Any recent experiences or recommendations for what I should do. Would really like to visit Iberia's flagship lounge on this inbound itinerary.
If you really, really want to do it and have loads of time, then yes, it can be done.
I highly doubt that you can get through the T4S flight connections with the PMI boarding pass, but it cannot hurt to try, since that would save you massive time.
Otherwise, go through passport control, enter Schengen, take the transit to the HJK gates, go through security and now you go upstairs to the departures level in the T4. Go back on the transit, back through passport control and you can go straight into the Veláquez lounge. Expect puzzled looks from the staff and being told you are in the wrong terminal, but they will let you in.
When you’re finished, follow the signs for the HJK gates, passport control, train again and security again to ready for the PMI flight.
No way I would try this without an EU/EEA passport and at least 3-4 hours between flights.
What will you get for all this effort? at best, a salad bar, some very nice potato omelet and those mushrooms. You’d just as well go to Dalí at T4, the gazpacho dispensers are amazing
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's at both ends of the lounge, so in effect two chances of finding the ice cream.
Zero sightings of ice cream in either freezer during my 2 hour stay on Saturday afternoon, awaiting my LATAM flight to FRA.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:31 am

Hi all
I will flying from LHR-MAD-MEX on biz, so i can try the A351 and A346 (haven't been on it over decade)

It will be my first time in MAD and on Iberia, schedule to arrive 19:05 and connecting flight on 22:55 (3 hour 40 min)
I read that there is dinner from 21:00 and bistro 21:00-00:30.
What is the difference?
I would like to try the bistro service, do I need to book?
Can I re-enter lounge after I leave? 20:00 have some snacks and drinks, 20:30 walk around the terminal and 21:00 bistro/dinner

Anyone got tips on places to take photos of planes?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You can reenter.

The bistro service is akin to BA's pre-flight dining, i.e. a meal served at your table. It's at the back of the lounge, turn left as you enter and left again at the end of the lounge. No need to book (well, can't book). "Dinner" is off the buffet.

The lounge has floor to ceiling windows on 3 sides. In summer, especially, and roughly 50/50 during the rest of the year, the airport operates in Southerly config, meaning that you'll have aircraft line up pretty much in front of you for takeoff (and others taxiing past after landing). If Northerly config is in use, then you'll see aircraft coming off the runway, and others taxiing past for takeoff.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
You can reenter.

The bistro service is akin to BA's pre-flight dining, i.e. a meal served at your table. It's at the back of the lounge, turn left as you enter and left again at the end of the lounge. No need to book (well, can't book). "Dinner" is off the buffet.

The lounge has floor to ceiling windows on 3 sides. In summer, especially, and roughly 50/50 during the rest of the year, the airport operates in Southerly config, meaning that you'll have aircraft line up pretty much in front of you for takeoff (and others taxiing past after landing). If Northerly config is in use, then you'll see aircraft coming off the runway, and others taxiing past for takeoff.
Thank you BA6501

Nice to hear that its similar to BA's pre flight dining, then definitely give it a try (I enjoyed the JFK once, many years ago). Thanks again for the direction for the bistro and details of runway operation for photos
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:20 am
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Zero sightings of ice cream in either freezer during my 2 hour stay on Saturday afternoon, awaiting my LATAM flight to FRA.
My past 4 visits to the lounges in MAD, no ice cream any time... probably better for my waist tbh. Decent selection of liquors in the lounge in T4S though...
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
You need to ask staff for ice cream if it's not in either of the two stations in Velzquez or the one station in Dali. Most will oblige. Flavours remain HD Cookies & Cream and Strawberry. That is for me almost the primary benefit of these lounges...
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by UKdiver
You need to ask staff for ice cream if it's not in either of the two stations in Velzquez or the one station in Dali. Most will oblige. Flavours remain HD Cookies & Cream and Strawberry. That is for me almost the primary benefit of these lounges...
Good intel, thanks.

That's a shame as we had a good run on HD Strawberry Cheesecake which I really like.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are two stations in Dalí as well. One in the area behind the reception desk, and the other on the salad bar area of the other food and drink area, on the right as you enter. The difference from the above photos is that in Dalí the covers are metal silver rather than thick plastic.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Good Ol’ American ice cream
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:56 pm

I’m traveling JFK to MAD in J, and continuing on a separate ticket on IB to ZAG in Y. I’m expect that my bags will need to be rechecked.

- Will I be able to access the Dali lounge by showing my J boarding pass?
- Is it worth stopping at the arrival lounge while collecting my bags? I have 6 hours between flight.

Thanks for your insights.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Wboy411a
I’m traveling JFK to MAD in J, and continuing on a separate ticket on IB to ZAG in Y. I’m expect that my bags will need to be rechecked.

- Will I be able to access the Dali lounge by showing my J boarding pass?
- Is it worth stopping at the arrival lounge while collecting my bags? I have 6 hours between flight.

Thanks for your insights.
1. Yes
2. You have to get your bags before you'd be able to get to the arrivals lounge. It's after the exit to baggage claim. Only really useful if you want to freshen up quickly before going into the city.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:52 pm

Thank you LupineChemist!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:56 am

Premium-Lounge Velázquez - à la carte menu

Dear all,

Having an upcoming trip starting around midnight from MAD to LAX in "C" with Iberia. On the Iberia website about the lounge i noticed the option about a la carte menu in Restaurant with a picutre with the tables set already https://www.iberia.com/us/iberia-mad...ges/velazquez/

Unfortunately there aren't any additional information about it - can anyone provide details of the Restaurant location, opening hours, menu...

Pic from Iberia website

THX
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by .Skydiver.
Dear all,

Having an upcoming trip starting around midnight from MAD to LAX in "C" with Iberia. On the Iberia website about the lounge i noticed the option about a la carte menu in Restaurant with a picutre with the tables set already https://www.iberia.com/us/iberia-mad...ges/velazquez/

Unfortunately there aren't any additional information about it - can anyone provide details of the Restaurant location, opening hours, menu...
Pic from Iberia website

THX
Located in the Velazquez Lounge in T4S at the far North end. It is only open for the evening long haul departures, from supposedly 2130 I believe. Menu, I have no idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.