Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by headingwest
If I booked an award longhaul flight into MAD in Business, would I be able to access the lounge on a revenue Economy shorthaul ticket later the same day?

I know Oneworld rules permit access with such scenarios on one ticket, but I am not sure if it would be allowed on 2 separate tickets.
It should work on two separate tickets too. I have personal experience by presenting AY J bp and an onward AA Y bp at the Flagship Lounges at both JFK and ORD and it was never an issue. Cannot speak for IB though, AFAIK there is nothing written that states it must be same PNR.
headingwest likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by headingwest
If I booked an award longhaul flight into MAD in Business, would I be able to access the lounge on a revenue Economy shorthaul ticket later the same day?

I know Oneworld rules permit access with such scenarios on one ticket, but I am not sure if it would be allowed on 2 separate tickets.
Yup. I've done this (pre-COVID admittedly). Flew Montevideo to MAD in business and then had a ticket MAD-MAN in economy on a separate booking. Showed both boarding passes at the lounge. Agent typed a lot and then let me in.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sigma421
Yup. I've done this (pre-COVID admittedly). Flew Montevideo to MAD in business and then had a ticket MAD-MAN in economy on a separate booking. Showed both boarding passes at the lounge. Agent typed a lot and then let me in.
Great. Thanks to you, and also to miamiflyer8. I think I'm gonna book it!!
Old Nov 19, 2020, 2:27 am

We're arriving into T4S on Iberia A330, departing from T4 and would like to use the Dali lounge time permitting, so can anyone give me some detailed directions please how to get from T4S to T4 and then where to find this lounge please? Is a walk transfer or bus or transit etc? Where is passport control ? What floor is the lounge on, is it near any landmarks to look for eg a shop etc? Many thanks
Old Nov 19, 2020, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by paulaf
We're arriving into T4S on Iberia A330, departing from T4 and would like to use the Dali lounge time permitting, so can anyone give me some detailed directions please how to get from T4S to T4 and then where to find this lounge please? Is a walk transfer or bus or transit etc? Where is passport control ? What floor is the lounge on, is it near any landmarks to look for eg a shop etc? Many thanks
Once you land, follow signs to Baggage reclaim // T4 HJK connections/transit.

There's an automated people mover between T4 S and T4, that leaves every few minutes. Passport control is at T4S, before you get on the people mover.

Once you arrive at T4, follow signs for HJK connections. There will be a security check. After follow signs until you arrive at the main T4 airside area. The Dali lounge is right in the middle of the terminal - just follow signs to Iberia Lounge.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Flying round trip BOS-MAD (first time in MAD) in October. I'll be in PE but have OW Sapphire status so I should be able to enter the lounge base on status.
I also have Priority Pass.
Based on what I read, MAD-BOS (don't need an arrivals lounge) will leave from T4S, correct?
Assuming yes, my two lounge options are Valezquez (IB/OW) and Neptuno (PP), correct?

Which is better? Make sense to lounge hop?

Just looking to confirm
Thank you
Originally Posted by tobsw
Once you land, follow signs to Baggage reclaim // T4 HJK connections/transit.

There's an automated people mover between T4 S and T4, that leaves every few minutes. Passport control is at T4S, before you get on the people mover.

Once you arrive at T4, follow signs for HJK connections. There will be a security check. After follow signs until you arrive at the main T4 airside area. The Dali lounge is right in the middle of the terminal - just follow signs to Iberia Lounge.
That's great many thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 5:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tobsw
The signage is very clear if entering T4 from landside, it's right by main security, but much less so for those already on the main Level 1 departure floor who entered via transfer security, since I guess the presumption is that you have at that point left Sala VIP Dalí. So what I would do is head for the middle of T4, towards pier J50. There is a bank of shops in a central block. You need to be on the other side of that block, not on the side with the departure gates. You then look for the Longchamp fashion store and Rodilla, the snack and sandwich shop. There is both a lift and unmarked stair case to take you up to Level 2 for main security and the lounge entrance. You can walk through the shopping block via Longchamp store, since it has doors on both sides, but don't expect a warm welcome if you do that too obviously. The public walkways are by pier J54 at the north end and J44 at the southern end.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 5:57 am

Many thanks cws will save me time hunting it out, so sounds like we arrive from transit to level 1.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:37 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The signage is very clear if entering T4 from landside, it's right by main security, but much less so for those already on the main Level 1 departure floor who entered via transfer security, since I guess the presumption is that you have at that point left Sala VIP Dalí. So what I would do is head for the middle of T4, towards pier J50. There is a bank of shops in a central block. You need to be on the other side of that block, not on the side with the departure gates. You then look for the Longchamp fashion store and Rodilla, the snack and sandwich shop. There is both a lift and unmarked stair case to take you up to Level 2 for main security and the lounge entrance. You can walk through the shopping block via Longchamp store, since it has doors on both sides, but don't expect a warm welcome if you do that too obviously. The public walkways are by pier J54 at the north end and J44 at the southern end.
Can't you just take the lift from transfer security directly there. I seem to remember having to do that when I may or may not have absent-mindedly left a piece of luggage at the fast-track security line and had to make my way backward from T4S.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 8:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Can't you just take the lift from transfer security directly there. I seem to remember having to do that when I may or may not have absent-mindedly left a piece of luggage at the fast-track security line and had to make my way backward from T4S.
You may be correct, I'm not sure I can place that lift. However is possible that paulaf will be arriving into T4 Non Schengen, if there is an equipment swap, and in that scenario those instructions will still work.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You may be correct, I'm not sure I can place that lift. However is possible that paulaf will be arriving into T4 Non Schengen, if there is an equipment swap, and in that scenario those instructions will still work.
I'm arriving into T4S from the UK.
CWS are you saying that the quickest way into the lounge is using this unmarked door and lift between the 2 shops you mentioned, whereas MOP would use the J44 and J54 walkways? Is it a single or double door to look out for? Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2020, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by paulaf
I'm arriving into T4S from the UK.
CWS are you saying that the quickest way into the lounge is using this unmarked door and lift between the 2 shops you mentioned, whereas MOP would use the J44 and J54 walkways? Is it a single or double door to look out for? Thanks
It's a metallic staircase, which isn't signed but impossible to miss. The lift is signed. So not an unmarked door. I won't make much difference however you do it. The walkways basically divide around the bank of shops, one side goes on the gate side, so you see the glass for the outside world, the other walkway goes through the middle of the shopping complex and that has the llift and stairs. If you go towards J50 and look up, you can see where you are supposed to be heading since you will see the terrace side of Dalí one level up, but you need to be the other side of the shops to get up there.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 11:05 am

Many thanks CWS you are a mine of information!
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:51 am

Is the dali lounge the only IB lounge open in MAD? Anyone tried the food there or know if they serve alcohol?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:49 am

ORD-MAD in J. Connecting on a separate PNR from MAD-VCE in Y. Both on Iberia. Will I have lounge access for the layover?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.