Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2023, 12:08 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by mikejs11
I have questions on which lounge(s) we can visit in Madrid.

My wife and I are flying from the United States to Madrid in Iberia Business class, and then after a 6 hour layover to Portugal in business class. Is it possible to visit the Velázquez lounge without going through security? I know that we will eventually need to go through security to get to the schengen area to get to our flight to Portugal, but I'd rather not go through security twice.

Is there much of a difference between the two lounges (as far as amenities - I know the layout is different)? Is it worth trying to visit both?
I take it you're doing a short hop into the city? The short answer is no. MAD doesn't do clean non-Schengen arrivals (one of my biggest gripes of the airport as it could easily be set up to do so with a bit of signage and get more people walking past the shops). You can try to get through security at T4S before passport control but I believe they should deny you with a Schengen boarding pass (really very easy security process). I outlined earlier in this thread how it's technically possible to do it with an EU passport, but if you're not a European Citizen then no dice.

As far as the differences in the lounges, Velázquez (T4S) is notably larger and has some areas that are generally always quiet (particularly the restaurant area all the way to the left during the day when it's not in service) and a lot more lounger chairs. It also has much better views of the apron and get to see a lot of interesting planes taxi by in front of you if you're into that. Also, it's much quieter during the afternoon hours after the 1030-1300 rush to the US and early Latin American departures and before the late night bank when it starts to get crowded around 21h again. Dalí (T4 main) feels a lot airer as it is a terrace above the main terminal floor and doesn't have it's own ceiling. The food and drink between the two are the exact same so that's not a big deal. As I mentioned, there's a big bank of European flights in the afternoon so it can be quite crowded, especially between 16h and 18h. If you have Priority Pass, the AENA lounges are also generally quite nice, though I still haven't made it to the Plaza Mayor lounge since the renovation. That space is enclosed so will definitely feel a bit more cramped (but that's comparing to a terrace lounge). The pictures look pretty nice so might be another option to consider if you have a credit card that gives you access.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I take it you're doing a short hop into the city? The short answer is no. MAD doesn't do clean non-Schengen arrivals (one of my biggest gripes of the airport as it could easily be set up to do so with a bit of signage and get more people walking past the shops). You can try to get through security at T4S before passport control but I believe they should deny you with a Schengen boarding pass (really very easy security process). I outlined earlier in this thread how it's technically possible to do it with an EU passport, but if you're not a European Citizen then no dice.

As far as the differences in the lounges, Velázquez (T4S) is notably larger and has some areas that are generally always quiet (particularly the restaurant area all the way to the left during the day when it's not in service) and a lot more lounger chairs. It also has much better views of the apron and get to see a lot of interesting planes taxi by in front of you if you're into that. Also, it's much quieter during the afternoon hours after the 1030-1300 rush to the US and early Latin American departures and before the late night bank when it starts to get crowded around 21h again. Dalí (T4 main) feels a lot airer as it is a terrace above the main terminal floor and doesn't have it's own ceiling. The food and drink between the two are the exact same so that's not a big deal. As I mentioned, there's a big bank of European flights in the afternoon so it can be quite crowded, especially between 16h and 18h. If you have Priority Pass, the AENA lounges are also generally quite nice, though I still haven't made it to the Plaza Mayor lounge since the renovation. That space is enclosed so will definitely feel a bit more cramped (but that's comparing to a terrace lounge). The pictures look pretty nice so might be another option to consider if you have a credit card that gives you access.
We are not planning on going into the city at all. We land around 5:30 AM, and we just wanted to go straight to a lounge to relax and have breakfast (although if there is a good place to shower and take a nap, that might be ideal). Our flight to Portugal isn't until around 11:30 AM.

We do have priority pass, so those lounges would work for us. Any opinions on where to go during morning hours if the choice is the Dali lounge or one of the priority pass lounges?
Old Mar 24, 2023, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by mikejs11
I have questions on which lounge(s) we can visit in Madrid.

My wife and I are flying from the United States to Madrid in Iberia Business class, and then after a 6 hour layover to Portugal in business class. Is it possible to visit the Velázquez lounge without going through security? I know that we will eventually need to go through security to get to the schengen area to get to our flight to Portugal, but I'd rather not go through security twice.

Is there much of a difference between the two lounges (as far as amenities - I know the layout is different)? Is it worth trying to visit both?
you can shower in Dali lounge. Why wait 6 hours? There must be an Air Portugal flight closer to your arrival time.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 3:35 am

Dalí has showers so that's fine and the breakfast options are quite good there, too. With that amount of time maybe try both lounges to see which you like better.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Flying ALC-MAD-LHR in May. My girlfriend will be on the ALC-MAD leg with me then connecting to MAD-BRU. As a BAEC Gold would like to guest her into the Dali or Velasquez lounge whilst we both wait for our separate connections. As we will depart for our connections from different terminals (her from 4, Schengen, me from 4s, non-Schengen), will I be able to access the Dali lounge before clearing passports to non-Schengen? Or will she be able to come with me to 4s and use Velasquez before returning to 4 to catch her connection to BRU?

Used Velasquez before and was impressed, assuming I would be OK to access either/or, any opinions on which one is best?

Any help appreciated...
Old Apr 16, 2023, 11:36 am

You can both definitely do Dalí.

As far as Velásquez goes...if she is an EU citizen, I'd say no problem of just going through the E-gates. Keep in mind she will have to re-enter Schengen, take the train back and re-clear transfer security as if she were an unclean international arrival.

Basically if she has a bunch of extra time after your flight and isn't fussy about all the extra procedures, I'd consider Velásquez, otherwise just stay in T4main with Dalí.
Old May 22, 2023, 8:21 pm

Is there access to the Dalí Lounge if connecting from a Business arrival from the U.S. to a Schengen departure in Economy?
Old May 23, 2023, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by rove312
Is there access to the Dalí Lounge if connecting from a Business arrival from the U.S. to a Schengen departure in Economy?
Yes. You will need to show both boarding passes
rove312 likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 10:06 am
SCS

I’ll be on the IB DSS-MAD flight that arrives at 04:10, connecting to an 8am IB flight to LHR. Looks like Velazquez lounge opens only at 6am. Any better suggestions than sitting outside the lounge entrance for 2 hours?
Old Jul 30, 2023, 7:44 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
via https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35456014-post48.html

https://www.iairgroup.com/~/media/Fi...al-results.pdf

"Both Iberia and British Airways are also investing in new and upgraded lounges, as well as developing a premium ground-based service at Madrid airport"

LHR T5 TFW-like check-in-security-"Flounge" for Platino/OWE?
Or reactivate the lower H gates passport controls, put the Flounge there and then be driven to the plane ala LH/AF....
Or just All day A La Carte at Velazquez...
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:13 am

Wonder if they would ever consider re-opening Goya.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 6:26 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Boys - I am arriving at Barajas from Cairo. I will be in J class and I am BA Gold on an IB issued ticket. The flight duration is shown as 5hours 15 minutes. According to the Wiki - this should allow me in the Sala de Llegadas. Is this still correct? FWIW I will be flying on to NTE with IB 4 hours later. The Dali Lounge does not open until 6.00am

Thank you in advance
Old Aug 24, 2023, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Not sure whether CAI would've ever been a valid origin anyway under the old rules - but moot point, as that lounge (well, shower rooms) has long closed. You'll need to wait for Dali to open. I take it this is the new IB route to CAI, which doesn't get back to MAD until 3:40am or so...

If you have Priority Pass, or wish to pay for access, the AENA lounge in T4 main opens at 5am.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 2:04 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by BA6501
Not sure whether CAI would've ever been a valid origin anyway under the old rules - but moot point, as that lounge (well, shower rooms) has long closed. You'll need to wait for Dali to open. I take it this is the new IB route to CAI, which doesn't get back to MAD until 3:40am or so...

If you have Priority Pass, or wish to pay for access, the AENA lounge in T4 main opens at 5am.
The AENA T4S Neptuno lounge is 24/7, from T4S one would have to be allowed through pre-passport security (as if connecting to another T4S flight), hang around in Neptuno till the other other lounges open, use the other "LupineChemist door" (post 844) to get back to T4S arrivals stream and proceed through passport control as per normal. If the alternative is nothing really between 0340-0500 maybe it's worth a try?

Last edited by csycsycsy; Aug 25, 2023 at 4:08 am Reason: wrong door!
Old Aug 25, 2023, 2:53 am

Yeah, I would just try and go through transfer security at T4S. If they tell you you should be at T4, insist a bit that you understand but want to use the T4S lounge before T4 opens or something like that.

This is a different door than the one linked in that post though, it's actually signed decently just be sure to go right to the upper S gates and you'll see a baggage claim sign that will lead you to a one-way door to take you into arrivals out of the sterile area and you can follow normal connection procedure then. You'll have to go through security again, but seems a very small inconvenience compared to the alternatives.

If you can't get into T4S, the next best bet is probably going to be the landside McDonald's (yeah....really not much better than that) in T4 main on the top floor to the left of security.
csycsycsy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.