Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Can I buy a day pass for a T4S lounge and which one would you recommend?
I am arriving at 6am for a 4:55pm flight on Nov 24.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 8:55 pm

I'll visit MAD for the first time next month, arrival from BCN-MAD, departing for Seville.
On economy but I have a PriorityPass membership. There are two lounges in T4: Business Center and LA REVOLTOSA and 1 lounge in Satellite Terminal: AMNIOS LOUNGE.
Can I visit them all if I got enough time? and which ones are worth for a visit? thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:21 pm

In on IB, out on QA

Hi,

I'm flying into Madrid on an IB flight and out on QA to Doha. Both flights are in business and I'm PLT with AA. It looks like my only choice is the T4S lounge. Is that correct? I see that there are showers, but does it have a "Quiet zone" where I might be able to nap? I've got a 5hr layover and would like to sleep a bit.

Thanks!
Kelly
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, DL - Gold, Aegean - Gold
T4S

Yes the Iberia Lounge in T4S has a quiet area with recliners and blankets, great for napping.

I don´t understand the lack of free wi-fi and the lack of an arrivals lounge like the one that BA has at Heathrow. For those who have to work on the day of arrival, would be great to shower and relax a bit in the lounge after a long flight, especially since hotel room may not be ready, etc.

My impression as with almost everything else Iberia is that they do not take full advantage of the facilities and what they have. T4 is one of the most beautiful terminals anywhere, IB rules the lounges, and they would be fantastic if it wasnt for a few annoying details...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:55 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by MrPinrel
My impression as with almost everything else Iberia is that they do not take full advantage of the facilities and what they have. T4 is one of the most beautiful terminals anywhere, IB rules the lounges, and they would be fantastic if it wasnt for a few annoying details...
Given the parlous state of IB's finances there is absolutely no way that they are going to spend any money at all.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by OPebble
Given the parlous state of IB's finances there is absolutely no way that they are going to spend any money at all.
I'm not so sure. The cost cuttings will be made through staff cutbacks and scaling down or pulling out of loss making routes rather than the product itself I imagine.

The point made about the lack of an arrivals lounge is I think a good one. With IAG in charge I could see improvements being made in such areas to attract business customers.
Having said that any comments I've read about the MAD T4 facilities - especially the lounges - seem to be very favourable.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by MrPinrel
Yes the Iberia Lounge in T4S has a quiet area with recliners and blankets, great for napping.
By the way, the Dali lounge in T4 also has a good sala de descanso. Probably the third IB lounge at MAD does too but I've not been there to find out.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Velázquez Bistro Menu

"The full a la carte menu created for the restaurant by Michelin-starred Spanish chef Sergi Arola, will feature such entrees as sirloin steak with caramelized apple, cod with Spanish ratatouille, sea bass with grilled vegetables and sautéed quail. The option to have a full dinner before boarding is especially attractive to passengers departing on all-night flights, who can then spend their flight sleeping."

This will be particularly good news to those connecting at MAD onward on Iberia's redeyes out of Terminal 4-S (satellite.)

Is there a review of the Bistro somewhere?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 9:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I've not see one - and because of the times I am in la Velázquez, I haven't experienced it, either.

P.S. I added a Wikipost summarizing the MAD IB lounges; it will show at the top of every page rendering of this thread.

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Is there a review of the Bistro somewhere?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2 MM)
If a passenger is arriving on IB at MAD from a longhaul in Business Plus and departing a few hours later (same day as arrival) on a shorthaul Schengen flight (also on IB) but in economy, would he have access to the T4 lounge based on his arriving (J) BP?
Old Mar 30, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Dali v Velazquez

Just a note that the food and drink offerings are much better in Velazquez. Dali has a good wine selection, but only sandwiches and salads.

So if flying to LHR try to pick a BA metal flight that departs from T4S so that you can use Velazquez.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by screwedbyaa
If a passenger is arriving on IB at MAD from a longhaul in Business Plus and departing a few hours later (same day as arrival) on a shorthaul Schengen flight (also on IB) but in economy, would he have access to the T4 lounge based on his arriving (J) BP?
Yes you should do, standard oneworld rules.

Retain boarding pass from inbound flight to show to lounge in case required. Especially imporatant if the onward flight is a separate booking.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by David-A
Yes you should do, standard oneworld rules.
First of all, thank for your reply. While I'm not disputing your answer, I failed to mention that the passenger has no oneworld status, so oneworld rules wouldn't enter into play here, just Iberia's class-based entry rules.

For the record, I lean toward your answer as well, but I reached out to Iberia on Twitter and they insisted (twice) that all access is based on departure only ("the lounges are departure lounges" were there exact words) and that no access to be given here.

So we'll see...I'll tell them to try, of course.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by screwedbyaa
First of all, thank for your reply. While I'm not disputing your answer, I failed to mention that the passenger has no oneworld status, so oneworld rules wouldn't enter into play here, just Iberia's class-based entry rules.

For the record, I lean toward your answer as well, but I reached out to Iberia on Twitter and they insisted (twice) that all access is based on departure only ("the lounges are departure lounges" were there exact words) and that no access to be given here.

So we'll see...I'll tell them to try, of course.
I wasn't actually referring to oneworld rules for lounge access by status.
Rather oneworld rules for access by class of travel:

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/

oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers

Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
  • Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.
  • First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
  • Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
    • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul* and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa). (* a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours)
    • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
    • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
Now, given that this is purely IB-IB, there is more room for an airline to try an introduce wiggle into things, but the published oneworld rules say they should have access.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by David-A
I wasn't actually referring to oneworld rules for lounge access by status.
Rather oneworld rules for access by class of travel:

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/...
That's incredibly helpful, thanks! I'll print that out and have them carry it with them in case of trouble.

I've been Emerald for years, so I've never actually considered class-based entry until now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.