Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
As far as I know it is only for flights leaving after 9PM
Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by mayodave
Both IB and BA are unable to offer and seat selection despite being Emerald OW with CX. Bought the ticket off BA and didnt realise until it was too late we were flying on IB scrap metal.

The way I understand the changes are you can still choose but have to pay if it's economy. I booked an AA explorer award in Business and it let me chose for free.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:07 am

They will open an arrivals lounge in March

Among the most notable changes to the Business class is opening in March VIP lounge for relaxation and comfort of their clients which will be located on the -1 floor of Terminal 4 at Barajas Airport and is only available to customers company:
"We opened this room, especially designed for our intercontinental customers, in order that they can shower, change clothes or breakfast before heading out to the city,"
http://translate.google.com/translat...egia-comercial
Old May 30, 2014, 4:28 am

Could someone confirm what the food offerings are in the Velasquez lounge from 09:00-12:00? Is hot breakfast / lunch available or is it just sandwiches and snacks? Thanks.
Old May 31, 2014, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Could someone confirm what the food offerings are in the Velasquez lounge from 09:00-12:00? Is hot breakfast / lunch available or is it just sandwiches and snacks? Thanks.

Not exactly an answer to your question but the Lunch buffet is 14:00 – 16:30
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Is the arrival lounge available for business flight passengers or also for OW elites?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Not exactly an answer to your question but the Lunch buffet is 14:00 – 16:30
All - flying JFKMADVCE return in a few weeks. Connection is 6 hours en route to Venice, so plan is to quickly hit Arrivals and then head into the city for a bite. Connection on the return is 2.5 hours, obviously insufficient to leave the airport but also a bit long to remain in a lounge. If willing to exit security, any restaurant/wine bar recommendations? I realize this isn't strictly a lounge-related question...or is it? Let me put it differently - if I want better food and wine than what's offered in the lounge, and don't mind paying, what do you recommend?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
All - flying JFKMADVCE return in a few weeks. Connection is 6 hours en route to Venice, so plan is to quickly hit Arrivals and then head into the city for a bite. Connection on the return is 2.5 hours, obviously insufficient to leave the airport but also a bit long to remain in a lounge. If willing to exit security, any restaurant/wine bar recommendations? I realize this isn't strictly a lounge-related question...or is it? Let me put it differently - if I want better food and wine than what's offered in the lounge, and don't mind paying, what do you recommend?
Well, there's a McDonalds landside....

I don't know what there is in the actual Barajas area of Madrid
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:45 am

If you like Sushi I'd strongly recommend Kabuki restaurant airside at T4 J gates, might be pricey but really worth it.

http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/...=1237552880997
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by julianin
If you like Sushi I'd strongly recommend Kabuki restaurant airside at T4 J gates, might be pricey but really worth it.

http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/...=1237552880997
Perfect advice, I appreciate this greatly. Will let you know if we try. I'm currently trying to rebook on LH via FRA in hopes of nailing First (award), if not we will stick with the IB plan.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 4:08 pm

I've booked a Business Class Iberia ticket for 32€ and a bunch of avios, does that entitle me to lounge access? And what about fast-track security? Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, I'm new around here.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
Originally Posted by JuanSaco
I've booked a Business Class Iberia ticket for 32€ and a bunch of avios, does that entitle me to lounge access? And what about fast-track security? Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, I'm new around here.
Lounge access yes. This is Europe so I don't recall any fast track security it is much more relaxed than the USA.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Honestly, security lines at T4 are normally what a fast track line would be elsewhere, though I think there is a fast track, but I couldn't tell you how it works.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Honestly, security lines at T4 are normally what a fast track line would be elsewhere, though I think there is a fast track, but I couldn't tell you how it works.
Used the fast track yesterday. It was fine (two of the four lines were working) and there was almost no wait. It's right behind the Iberia business check-in desks at T4 (behind in the sense you keep going away from the entrance to the terminal since the check-in desks are in rows perpendicular to the entrance).

By the way, the Velasquez lounge in T4S was very nice. My only negative comment was that they didn't start serving a hot breakfast until 9:00 (before that it was just drinks and sandwiches and fruit and yogurt). Not that I needed it since I had breakfast in my hotel rate but if one was counting on something before an early flight to the east coast....

Plenty of space (it felt like it was several hundred meters long) and lots of seating in groups. All in all a very nice lounge.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I used Velasquez for the first time before outbound longhaul a few days ago and was very impressed, I thought it had a great evening meal offering and was very nicely laid out. Definitely the best lounge in Europe that I've been to. I was back again there this morning on return journey and thought that the breakfast offering was not quite so good- overall though superb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.