Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by templar42
It would be cava and tapas in my case!
Very posh
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
I'm flying on the A340-600 From LHR-MAD that arrives at Terminal 4S. I have a 6 hour lay over before an internal flight from Terminal 4.

Will I be able to go to the Velazquez lounge in 4S once disembarking off the flight or would I have to go to T4 Dali lounge? If I could access Velazquez lounge then I would just got there and not bother with a hotel.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I am going a bit senile in my old age but I am pretty certain that I had access to Velasquez transiting from an IB internal from IBZ to a BA to LHR. So I would have thought that in reverse you too should have access to Velasquez, but I may be totally wrong.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Deanog1976
I'm flying on the A340-600 From LHR-MAD that arrives at Terminal 4S. I have a 6 hour lay over before an internal flight from Terminal 4.

Will I be able to go to the Velazquez lounge in 4S once disembarking off the flight or would I have to go to T4 Dali lounge? If I could access Velazquez lounge then I would just got there and not bother with a hotel.
You will theoretically be unable to get to the Velázquez lounge as non-Schengen arrivals are segregated. There was a report here where immigration let someone through to go to the Velázquez lounge but I wouldn't count on it, though it may be worth a shot. Remember that to get back to T4 you will have to re clear immigration and re clear security from the lounge as well as the train ride, so be sure to leave some time if they do let you through.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the above replies to my question.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Conflicting info

Here is what I see on Iberia's website, doesn't this mean that all long-haul arriving passengers have access to Velazquez?

There is a VIP room at T4S
The VELÁZQUEZ Room is located in the middle of Level 1 of the T4S building, at the end of the stores and restaurants area. The room is available 24 hours for our customers of international non-Schengen flights that arrive during the night, so they can enjoy the service they are deserving of.

I am arriving from JFK at 10am and fly out to Barcelona at 3:50pm, wondering if I have access to Velazquez.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:59 am

I read the Spanish version and the translation is solid. I would think you would not have access, but maybe try following the flight connections route and see if they will let you in. Remember that you will have to clear Spanish immigration and security after a 10 minute train ride afterward, so leave plenty of time to get to your gate at T4.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
So flying Iberia for the first time, MAD-ORD, what kind of food can one expect in Velázquez lounge? IS this lounge on par with say, BA gallery lounge?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
So flying Iberia for the first time, MAD-ORD, what kind of food can one expect in Velázquez lounge? IS this lounge on par with say, BA gallery lounge?

What lounge can I access at CDG the night before, I'll be in J.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 5:22 pm

This a morning flight, no? If before 11am or so you should expect smoked salmon, queso fresco, general pastries, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, egg tortillas (single serving) and some sort of bacon/ham.

That's the hot food. Here's a pic from my most recent visit. Unsure if this has changed.

There's also a bunch of premade sandwiches with different fillings and of course, all the alcohol and wines are readily available.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
The food offering in Velazquez varies by time of day, but in all cases (IMO) is better than BA Galleries Club (J) lounges. BA Galleries F lounges, where they exist, may have better food, but not guaranteed. I do enjoy being able to get an ice cream in Velazquez, though I lament their shift from Mövenpick to Häagen-Dazs...

Not sure if the drinks selection is better than BA, this is usually a BA strength but I don't drink much alcohol when flying. The bar looks reasonably extensive though.

Velazquez is a very nice lounge, one of my favourites in Europe.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Thanks for the info guys... So what lounge can I use in CDG, will be flying CDG-MAD in J, it's an evening flight?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
This a morning flight, no? If before 11am or so you should expect smoked salmon, queso fresco, general pastries, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, egg tortillas (single serving) and some sort of bacon/ham.

That's the hot food. Here's a pic from my most recent visit. Unsure if this has changed.

...image...

There's also a bunch of premade sandwiches with different fillings and of course, all the alcohol and wines are readily available.
Thats what I had last month. Very decent offering ^

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 4, 2015 at 10:06 pm Reason: Deleted repeated image
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Thanks for the info guys... So what lounge can I use in CDG, will be flying CDG-MAD in J, it's an evening flight?
Are youy flying CDG-MAD on the new Iberia Express route? If so, I have been trying to find out which lounge is available, but, at the moment it looks like there will be no lounge available at CDG.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Cerebrito
Are youy flying CDG-MAD on the new Iberia Express route? If so, I have been trying to find out which lounge is available, but, at the moment it looks like there will be no lounge available at CDG.
Did the VY flight not give access to a lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.