Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:23 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by euromountain
I’ll have a longish layover in MAD and was wondering if I can access both lounges T4 and T4S just to kill some time…. I’ll fly in J and have OW Sapphire with BA. Flight in and out are both Schengen. I read in the header that lounge hopping is not possible, just wondering if that has changed? Thanks for advice!
I did this the other way around a while ago, used the T4 lounge for a T4S departure - the lounge ladies mentioned that it was the 'wrong' lounge, but I explained that I had a long layover and wanted a change of scene and they had no problem with that (BA silver on Y ticket). Would therefore imagine that you'd have no problem at the lounge, but possibly at immigration at T4S...
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
There was a trip report that apparently someone was let through immigration to go to T4S so it may be worth a shot (understanding that if it doesn't work you'll have to take the train back and re-clear security). I would imagine it's probably more likely to work if you have an EU passport. Remember to get back to T4 main you will have to re-clear security regardless so you need to plan a healthy amount of time to get back.

Thanks for the advice! Definitely worth a try and explain the situation at immigration/officer. Understand about the second security screening – I guess there’s no walkway tunnel similar to the one at LHR T5
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I did this the other way around a while ago, used the T4 lounge for a T4S departure - the lounge ladies mentioned that it was the 'wrong' lounge, but I explained that I had a long layover and wanted a change of scene and they had no problem with that (BA silver on Y ticket). Would therefore imagine that you'd have no problem at the lounge, but possibly at immigration at T4S...
Thank you too for sharing your experience. I’ll give it a try.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by euromountain
Thanks for the advice! Definitely worth a try and explain the situation at immigration/officer. Understand about the second security screening – I guess there’s no walkway tunnel similar to the one at LHR T5
Considering it's more than a full mile between them, I doubt they'd go for that.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Someone a few posts above just mentioned that T4S has one of the best lounges... why did you want to go to the T4 lounge?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 4:09 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Someone a few posts above just mentioned that T4S has one of the best lounges... why did you want to go to the T4 lounge?
Good point - the T4S lounge is (imo) better. However, I was doing a day trip to MAD, and used the T4 lounge as an 'arrivals' lounge, stopping off to grab an early lunch there before heading to my meeting. Arrivals and departures are not segregated so it was straightforward.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
I shall be flying Qatar Business MAD-DOH this month and shall be using the T4 lounge. My family will be flying Economy on IB MAD-LHR on the same day and at about the same time. I am also a Qatar Platinum member (One World Sapphire) . Can any reader advise me if my card will allow me to invite one of my family in and if so, how many can I invite?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by BlueEgg
I shall be flying Qatar Business MAD-DOH this month and shall be using the T4 lounge. My family will be flying Economy on IB MAD-LHR on the same day and at about the same time. I am also a Qatar Platinum member (One World Sapphire) . Can any reader advise me if my card will allow me to invite one of my family in and if so, how many can I invite?
You will both be at the T4S terminal in the RSU zones and not T4 as both flights are Non-Schengen / Long Haul and not T4 (but if you have a lot of time you can visit them both).
After the security check, go up the escalators, walk through the beginning of the duty free shops and after about 50 meter turn left where you see two sliding doors with "Sala VIP" and the OW colours next to it.

Your OWS card will allow you to bring in one guest. I'm not sure if your business class ticket allows an extra guest but I would guess not.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by AAtticus
You will both be at the T4S terminal in the RSU zones and not T4 as both flights are Non-Schengen / Long Haul and not T4 (but if you have a lot of time you can visit them both).
If they are flying MAD-LHR on IB rather than BA metal they will not be in the satellite but in T4, so I don't think the OP will be able to invite them.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I will fly LIS-MAD-ZRH and from my understanding will have access to the T4 lounge anyway since it's located in the schengen-schengen terminal. The challenge would be to take the connector to T4S and use the lounge in that terminal. I will then need to commute back to T4, security,... but due to the long layover that's fine.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes
If they are flying MAD-LHR on IB rather than BA metal they will not be in the satellite but in T4, so I don't think the OP will be able to invite them.
I've flown on IB metal 3 times and on BA metal 1 time in the last 4 weeks on the MAD-LHR route (A330, A340-500 (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...xit-seats.html) and B767) and all 4 times it was from T4S.

It could have to do with the fact they are larger planes, as the A320 and A321 from the inbound flight did arrive in the non Schengen zone in T4 main building, but as my experience proves, there is also IB metal from T4S on the MAD LHR route.

Last edited by AAtticus; Oct 23, 2015 at 9:13 am
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I've flown on IB metal 3 times and on BA metal 1 time in the last 4 weeks on the MAD-LHR route (A330, A340-500 (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...xit-seats.html) and B767) and all 4 times it was from T4S.

It could have to do with the fact they are larger planes, as the A320 and A321 from the inbound flight did arrive in the non Schengen zone in T4 main building, but as my experience proves, there is also IB metal from T4S on the MAD LHR route.
Widebodies do have to go out of T4S. Winter schedule is in place out of tomorrow so there will be much fewer widebody flights.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: OWS,E+,A3Gold,TK+
I am flying LPL-MAD-FCO on AZ i am eliteplus and have long layover at madrid and hoping to access 24hr lounge in T4s anyone know if this is possible
Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:29 am

Yes, it was because of the wide bodies (which are the exception, especially during the winter schedule as LupineChemist says). All the IB A320 and A321 to the UK and Ireland leave from the far end of T4, at the beginning of the H gates (so they have their own document check).
Old Oct 24, 2015, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes
Yes, it was because of the wide bodies (which are the exception, especially during the winter schedule as LupineChemist says). All the IB A320 and A321 to the UK and Ireland leave from the far end of T4, at the beginning of the H gates (so they have their own document check).
Thanks Yllanes for the information. I assumed this was the case but not really sure about it. Guess I got lucky with the plane type and lounge! I first assumed the arriving in the far end of the T4 terminal was due to delays

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.