Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Cerebrito
I don't know how easy it is to move back to the main terminal.
It's not that bad (or it wasn't the last time I did it, a couple of years ago), but you do have to go through a security check again (there's a checkpoint just as you get off the shuttle train, you don't have to go landside).
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Yllanes
It's not that bad (or it wasn't the last time I did it, a couple of years ago), but you do have to go through a security check again (there's a checkpoint just as you get off the shuttle train, you don't have to go landside).
Wouldn't it be easier to just go landside, take the lifts and use fast track? As if you have lounge access, you presumably also have fast track which leaves you right where you want to be.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Either way, gate M has to be the worst part of the airport. There is nothing there anymore except a couple of vending machines. And it's all a bit grey.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Willing to guest/meetup @T4S Velazquez.

April 24th (08:30-11:00) and May 2nd (11:00-13:45). See BAEC Lounge meet-up wiki for details.

Last edited by tmac100; Apr 10, 2015 at 10:04 am
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:41 am

Programs: MUCCI
BIt looks like the Goya lounge has been closed since January 12th
Do you know if it is permanently closed?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Originally Posted by David-A
Do you know if it is permanently closed?
Looks like it - the Iberia communications don't mention anything about this being temporary, and it doesn't look like any work is going on there.

I think there just aren't many flights leaving from this gate. I think it's mainly used by Iberia when they have to use a l/h jet for a s/h flight (but I may be wrong).
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:34 am

Because of the French ATC strikes, my morning flight from Madrid today got cancelled, and I was moved onto a new afternoon flight that left from gate M in T4S. It looks like the Goya lounge has been closed since January 12th, and you now have to use the Dalí lounge in the main terminal if leaving from gate M.
Yes I saw it closed recently and was told by IB staff its gone for good. So presume their info was indeed correct.
Old May 13, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: Advantage - United
My 21 year old son will be flying Iberia from Malpensa (Milano) to Barajas (Madrid) and has an overnight layover to Lima, Peru. Most likely he will be at terminal T4S. It would be ideal if he could wait at the Velasquez lounge... but here are my questions that I would appreciate you fellow flyers help us with:
- He is flying coach and has no elite status, will he be admitted paying the access fee of 25-30 euros?
- Can the entrance fee be paid cash in euros? My son has no credit card.
- Is Velasquez open 24 hours?
- Do they have a good assortment of food? My son is talking about finding a Carl's Jr. place if the case was that they only had "apples on a tray" LOL

Thanks in advance for your prompt replies!
Old May 13, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
As far as I am aware, you cannot purchase access to the excellent Iberia lounges which is part of the reason that they do still feel like "VIP" lounges. These are reserved for passengers flying in Business or with status. There may be other lounges where access can be purchased. See this http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/Ae...P-Lounges.html

Never seen a Carl's Jr in Spain, I'm afraid!
Old May 14, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by cynthiabahamas
My 21 year old son will be flying Iberia from Malpensa (Milano) to Barajas (Madrid) and has an overnight layover to Lima, Peru. Most likely he will be at terminal T4S. It would be ideal if he could wait at the Velasquez lounge... but here are my questions that I would appreciate you fellow flyers help us with:
- He is flying coach and has no elite status, will he be admitted paying the access fee of 25-30 euros?
- Do they have a good assortment of food? My son is talking about finding a Carl's Jr. place if the case was that they only had "apples on a tray" LOL

Don't think you can pay to access the Velazquez lounge, he would have to try the AENA paid lounges as mentioned by johnash. I don't know what the food options are in those, Velazquez has good food which varies according to time of day, but not of the Carl's Jr variety...other burger joints are available in the terminal.

FYI - if he is coming from MXP, he will likely arrive into T4 rather than T4S, unless IB is using a long haul aircraft on the flight for some reason. With an overnight layover, he may want to consider a hotel, or as he is 21, just head into Madrid and party for the night, it's a late-night city...
Old May 14, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by cynthiabahamas

Take the subway to down, and hit up a museum de jamon. cheap beer and food.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:44 pm

I've read that the Velazquez lounge has a separate a la carte dining area/restraunt called the Velazquez Bistro. Has anyone been able to eat there and can report back? I think it only has limited opening hours though.

The food sounds pretty good.

The full a la carte menu created for the restaurant by Michelin-starred Spanish chef Sergi Arola, will feature such entrees as sirloin steak with caramelized apple, cod with Spanish ratatouille, sea bass with grilled vegetables and sautéed quail. The option to have a full dinner before boarding is especially attractive to passengers departing on all-night flights, who can then spend their flight sleeping.
Pix of the restaurant area, but none of the food.

http://jlopezbio.com/2014/10/06/sala...adrid-barajas/
Old May 17, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
If I am arriving on an award ticket business class ORD-MAD early morning and then connecting onwards in economy later that night (10-12hr layover) am I able to use the arrivals lounge?
Old May 17, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
You can, but in your case I would probably go through security and use the Dalí lounge and then just leave afterward.
Old May 17, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Originally Posted by bmabnorth
If I am arriving on an award ticket business class ORD-MAD early morning and then connecting onwards in economy later that night (10-12hr layover) am I able to use the arrivals lounge?
It states on the Iberia website that this is available only to those using Iberia services.

From the Iberia web site page, relating directly to the new Arrivals Lounge:-
We invite you to step in whenever you travel in Business class and your final destination is Madrid on a more than four hour long flight operated by Iberia.
Our Iberia Plus Platinum, Iberia Plus Gold and Iberia Singular customers will also have access when travelling with final destination Madrid on flights operated and/or marketed by Iberia more than 4 hours long, regardless of the class they fly in.

I would be very happy to be proved wrong that this does not appear to be available to other Oneworld travellers (so that we can use it after our next inbound American Airlines flight in Business!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.