Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by screwedbyaa
I'll print that out and have them carry it with them in case of trouble.
I think that is wise.
If they hit a problem it won't necessariliy solve it in practice, but it might help.
And make sure they keep their boarding pass to show.

Last edited by David-A; Mar 31, 2013 at 7:06 pm
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
leave a bag for 14 hour layover?

OK I am flying IB BOS-MAD in business and arriving at 6:20 AM and then IB MAD-PMI, also business, that night at 10:35 PM. Can I leave my luggage (one checked bag) in the lounge (I know I will have access) during the interim and go see Madrid? I'll obviously tell the attendants I'll be back for it and go through it in front of them so they aren't worried it's dangerous, will they allow this?

Or do I need to find somewhere else to leave my bag? (I'd rather not haul it around madrid all day).

No status with Oneworld, AA, or IB.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Sunburn644
OK I am flying IB BOS-MAD in business and arriving at 6:20 AM and then IB MAD-PMI, also business, that night at 10:35 PM. Can I leave my luggage (one checked bag) in the lounge (I know I will have access) during the interim and go see Madrid? I'll obviously tell the attendants I'll be back for it and go through it in front of them so they aren't worried it's dangerous, will they allow this?

Or do I need to find somewhere else to leave my bag? (I'd rather not haul it around madrid all day).

No status with Oneworld, AA, or IB.
Never mind, I assume I can just check it through for the flight to PMI, *smacks head
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
There is also a left luggage office in T4 if you want to leave a carry-on for the day as well.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
There is also a left luggage office in T4 if you want to leave a carry-on for the day as well.
OK, excellent thanks! So I coudl carry nothing around....
Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:51 pm

What are the best times of day to visit each lounge? Looking to grab a bite, have a drink and see what IB has to offer at their hub.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
I booked with BA and have had notice that we are now on a different flight which is operated by IB. I know the lounge in ALC is easy to access as we have OW sapphire status. Strange thing is it will not let us allocate seats and wants us to pay for them and when we try to do this is simply wont even let us pay for seats. The idiots at BA customer service say OW Sapphire is not eligible for seat allocation and when I showed them the rules they went on to blame IB for not knowing the rules. Anyway you hardcore IB flyers can you confirm at Madrid we will be able to have easy access to the lounges and not have to hike miles in order to get to them. Thanks in advance.Sorry meant to add that reading the sticky we will be advised to use Velázquez lounge. If we are able to use better lounges I appreciate the advise from those in the know.

IB8037
Iberia
Departure 09:25h, Friday, August 30, 2013
Alicante (ALC)
Arrival10:30h, Friday, August 30, 2013
Madrid (MAD)

IB3176
Iberia
Departure 13:35h, Friday, August 30, 2013
Madrid (MAD)

Arrival 15:10h, Friday, August 30, 2013
London (LHR)
Old Aug 6, 2013, 3:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by mayodave
I booked with BA and have had notice that we are now on a different flight which is operated by IB. I know the lounge in ALC is easy to access as we have OW sapphire status. Strange thing is it will not let us allocate seats and wants us to pay for them and when we try to do this is simply wont even let us pay for seats.
It is the Dali lounge in T4 for you. As I said earlier, adequate but uninspiring (other than a decent selection of Spanish wines).

Phone Iberia for your Iberia booking reference: this should enable you to reserve seats on iberia.com. If not you can do it on the phone with Iberia.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:01 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by nbevan
It is the Dali lounge in T4 for you. As I said earlier, adequate but uninspiring (other than a decent selection of Spanish wines).

Phone Iberia for your Iberia booking reference: this should enable you to reserve seats on iberia.com. If not you can do it on the phone with Iberia.
If booked with BA, isn't it the same Amadeus reference code?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:08 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
If booked with BA, isn't it the same Amadeus reference code?
You are right (I was thinking of when I had booked with AA).
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:18 pm

Once you've passed passport control after arriving from USA in T4S, is there any restriction on going back and forth on the people mover between T4 and the Schengen cleared portion of T4S? We have a long connection before an onward Schengen flight, and if our departure is in the Schengen area of T4S, I might take a shot at talking my way into Sala Dali (and its wine bar) instead of Goya, but just want to be sure I wont have any problem taking the train back to the T4S M gates for departure.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Both IB and BA are unable to offer and seat selection despite being Emerald OW with CX. Bought the ticket off BA and didnt realise until it was too late we were flying on IB scrap metal.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by mayodave
Both IB and BA are unable to offer and seat selection despite being Emerald OW with CX. Bought the ticket off BA and didnt realise until it was too late we were flying on IB scrap metal.
There are a few threads here dedicated to IB seat selection, but you've posted in the lounge thread. You might do better in one of those threads getting some help.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 6:31 pm

Hello. Not sure where to post this.

Next month I'll be flying MAD-LHR starting from OPO. I arrive in MAD at 19.20 and depart next morning at 6.45. I plan to have dinner in town. When I return, prob after midnight, the only lounge available with my Priority Pass is Sala VIP Cibele in Terminal 1. Will I be allowed to use it? Not used to connecting flights.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the pre-flight dining in the 4S lounge only in the evenings or for the midday US Iberia departures? The press release certainly confirms it convenient for night flights but does not say it is exclusively for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.