Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2024, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Well, that’s good to hear. I guess Iberia owes me a drink!
I would def write a complaint (although knowing IB they might never even read it), especially for that worker who seems to have made up bs.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 3:32 pm

Any new insights on getting to T4S the night before to use the nap rooms?
We'll arrive from Zurich at 10pm and then connect to London the next day on the first flight. Easiest option would be the nap rooms in Sala Velazquez. I remember that Spanish border guards used to not let people through the day before. Is that still the case? Or are the egates working now? If not successful, would the passport check still be open at midnight?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I believe the lounge is no longer 24 hours, but closes between 1am and 6am.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
I believe the lounge is no longer 24 hours, but closes between 1am and 6am.
Good Point 🫣 Thanks for pointing that out. With all the howabouts to get to T4S I've simply always assumed it was still 24/7.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 4:06 am

Programs: Lifemiles Avianca
I'm flying business with Avianca MAD - MDE do I have access to what lounge?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 2:48 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
We'll arrive from Zurich at 10pm and then connect to London the next day on the first flight. Easiest option would be the nap rooms in Sala Velazquez. I remember that Spanish border guards used to not let people through the day before. Is that still the case? Or are the egates working now? If not successful, would the passport check still be open at midnight?
Airport ran lounge is 24/7
https://serviciosvip.aena.es/vip/en/...as-vip/neptuno
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:23 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
The E-gates work if you're on an EU/EEA/CH passport and they won't look at your boarding pass.

The airport run lounge accepts priority pass (or pretty much any other lounge subscription) but it's (in theory) 3 hours before flight. I've never used it in that situation though so they might have some pity on you.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
I was in the Velazquez lounge the other morning and the wine and beer cupboards were all locked shut. I was connecting from a long-haul to LHR and during my visit 0630-1045 I fancied maybe a glass of cava. I noticed a manager (I assumed, he was wearing a suit and supervising staff) and asked about it he said there is no alcohol available until 1200 and this has been the new policy for 2-3 months. He was very apologetic. I noticed other lounge users were similarly puzzled.<br /><br />It turns out they forgot to switch off the machines that dispense wine from a pump, so I had one of those and added soda water to improve the taste, but... seriously? There are many long-haul flights departing before 1200 (Miami, Rio, Chicago etc) so this policy seems astonishingly poor. I can understand maybe they do not put out the self-pour spirits trolley until lunchtime, but no glass of cava with brunch? A bit of cava would be the cheapest crowd-pleaser, yet they are providing 15 types of pastries in a mediocre breakfast offer that hardly anyone touched.<br /><br />Please tell me this is a mistake?
730am. Breakfast remains embarrassing
ajamieson likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 1:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
That’s great! (About the wine, not the breakfast )
Old Mar 8, 2024, 12:45 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
Flying MAD–LHR tomorrow afternoon so will swing by Velazquez and see what's on offer for food and snacks. Last time I was there in January there was still the turrón dessert leftover from Xmas…

Or, I should say, the option was left over from Xmas. I'd be concerned if the very dessert had been out since Xmas.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:26 am

Actually impressed with the variety on offer. No fewer than four(!) different salad options: an ensalada mixta, ensalada campesina, one with orzo and tomato, and one with artichoke and bacon.

Hot food options included beef meatballs (bit too salty for me), some hake, a sweet potato galette thing, and roasted veg, lentils, and chickpeas. There was also fried rice. Seems about standard, though surprised there wasn't a pasta option.

Couple of cake options for pud but went for the chocolate mousse. Honestly maybe it's because I never paid that much attention to the cold offering before, but the salads were actually really good and more than the standard simple mixed salad I was expecting to be available.

Currently off the booze so unfortunately can't update on that front.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:04 am

New release of the Commando G now available, for those who prefer Grenache over Tempranillo.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/d...comando-g.html
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA, UA.
Which lounge ?

We will be doing BOS->MAD->PRG. Arrive MAD 05:40, long layover. Flight out MAD 11:55 to PRG 14:50
Which lounge should we be using in MAD ?
Want to take a shower and rest .

Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2024, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by moon4fun
We will be doing BOS->MAD->PRG. Arrive MAD 05:40, long layover. Flight out MAD 11:55 to PRG 14:50
Which lounge should we be using in MAD ?
Want to take a shower and rest .

Thanks
Dali lounge in Terminal 4 for European fights
they have plenty of showers but try to snatch one when you get there since all the morning arrivals make it busy in the early hours and ppl want to shower
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:11 am

You'll arrive T4S, clear immigration, take the train to T4 where your PRG flight will depart. Both lounges at T4S and T4 open at 06:00.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.