Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Amber Rich
ORD-MAD in J. Connecting on a separate PNR from MAD-VCE in Y. Both on Iberia. Will I have lounge access for the layover?
I answered the same type of question in this thread:

Originally Posted by headingwest
If I booked an award longhaul flight into MAD in Business, would I be able to access the lounge on a revenue Economy shorthaul ticket later the same day?

I know Oneworld rules permit access with such scenarios on one ticket, but I am not sure if it would be allowed on 2 separate tickets.
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
It should work on two separate tickets too. I have personal experience by presenting AY J bp and an onward AA Y bp at the Flagship Lounges at both JFK and ORD and it was never an issue. Cannot speak for IB though, AFAIK there is nothing written that states it must be same PNR.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 1:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Yes, you can from my personal experience. Incidentally, the Velasquez lounge in Terminal 4s remains closed. You would be using the Dali lounge in terminal 4 anyway for your connection to Venice.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Is the dali lounge the only IB lounge open in MAD? Anyone tried the food there or know if they serve alcohol?
Alcohol is avaliable throughout the day. I was at Dali lounge two weeks ago and there were red/white wine in small bottle and beer in can around 8 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 2:28 am
Suspended

Have showers been available at the Dali lounge since its reopening?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by flyinglan
Alcohol is avaliable throughout the day. I was at Dali lounge two weeks ago and there were red/white wine in small bottle and beer in can around 8 AM.
Cool thanks! I have a 5 hour layover in early Feb, I'll report back on the J fight to central America as well but I am guessing it'll be the same boxed service reported before since the new catering seems to be around Europe only.

If anyone who has been thorugh MAD airport recently and can recommend a good restaurant/cafe (that is open) to buy food or snacks from for the flight, I'll appreciate it!

Also, anyone know if you buy wine from duty-free, can you drink it on board?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 3:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Cool thanks! I have a 5 hour layover in early Feb, I'll report back on the J fight to central America as well but I am guessing it'll be the same boxed service reported before since the new catering seems to be around Europe only.

If anyone who has been thorugh MAD airport recently and can recommend a good restaurant/cafe (that is open) to buy food or snacks from for the flight, I'll appreciate it!

Also, anyone know if you buy wine from duty-free, can you drink it on board?
In T4 secure area, I recommend Paul (French Chain) or MasQMenos (Spanish Chain). You can find carryout sandwiches. There are also restaurantes before the security checkpoint but they are currently closed. The Iberia lounge serves pretty good food as well.
Stay away from Rodilla.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 7:31 am

Currently inside the Dali lounge, plenty of food, and drinks. As far as I can see they have plenty of wine and different kinds of beer if you want booze.
The food is surprisingly good. They do serve them in paper box plates kinda as if it were street food, but still good

jackr27 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
So looks like I'm going to be back flying soon for the first time in over a year. Has Velázquez opened yet or do we have to stop in Dalí for international flights and make our way from there?
Old Feb 7, 2021, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
So looks like I'm going to be back flying soon for the first time in over a year. Has Velázquez opened yet or do we have to stop in Dalí for international flights and make our way from there?
Only Dali is open, I have a flight to SJO tomorrow so I guess I’ll hang at Dali then do passport control when I move to 4S
Old Feb 11, 2021, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
The 4S lounge (closed temporarily) has a sleeping area, I want to ask if the 4 lounge has a similar sleeping area? ty
Old Feb 12, 2021, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It certainly used to... (not just pre-covid, but also pre-refurb). Not as 'good' as the 4S one, but it did exist...
Newbtravelle likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 6:47 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
eating options in T4S

Looks like I'll be flying again in March, with a 4+ hr transit in MAD. Are all the eating options open again now? Specifically Origins by Enrique Tomas - I recall spending the same layover a couple of years ago drinking beer and eating jamon there...

ignore this - IB binned the flight option I was looking at...

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Mar 1, 2021 at 2:45 am
Old Mar 9, 2021, 4:48 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Okay, so the trip went back a week, AF cancelled their option and the IB flight works again, so ... anyone know what's open in T4S airside to eat/drink/pass 4 hours?
Old Mar 14, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver - UNITED SA Silver
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Okay, so the trip went back a week, AF cancelled their option and the IB flight works again, so ... anyone know what's open in T4S airside to eat/drink/pass 4 hours?
following...
Old Mar 14, 2021, 5:49 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
In the central part of T4S there are some shops and places to eat (around half of them are open). I think Origins by Enrique Tomás was open, or at least a similar jamon bar.
It can be quite crowded in the centre - the outer parts are very quiet and have lots of seating available. It's not too bad of a place to spend some hours, but if you are able to enter Schengen, I recommend hopping over to T4 for the lounge.
Stewie Mac likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.