Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 5:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
So frustrating Ctrip is always lower everytime I book in Asia. Hyatt just won't budge Ctrip. I could understand if it was once in an while and they are like no but this is every trip for me.
What's Hyatt's reason for denying Ctrip?
Old May 20, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by danger
What's Hyatt's reason for denying Ctrip?
No instant confirmation I believe.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Hyatt brg just denied my valid brg claim and quoted terms that are for the hotel itself and not end user me. They are still insisting that Revato is creating memberships but its for Hyatt they are for and not the end user, ME.
​​​​​Jesus christ Hyatt is the most insistent not customer friendly company I've ever dealt with. I asked them to consult a supervisor. They seem to have some sort of competition in their Brg department to deny as much claims as possible. How can a big company as Hyatt run a customer service like this? The terms for Brg are even a mess.
​​​​​​
​​https://www.revato.com/Home/Terms
RESERVATIONS
HotelsCombined shall market Your accommodation ("Rooms") and shall refer to You (via HotelsCombined Software) users from HotelsCombined websites ("Customers").

When a reservation is made via HotelsCombined Software by a Customer for Your accommodation, a direct, legal contract is created between You and the Customer. You hereby authorize and empower HotelsCombined to conclude reservations on Your behalf.

You agree that it is your responsibility to charge Customers for their stay. HotelsCombined shall provide you with access to Customers credit card and You shall at your own discretion set the payment policy (e.g. pre-pay, pre-authorise or pay at the hotel).

When a reservation has been generated for You via HotelsCombined Software, You shall receive a confirmation email. HotelsCombined is not responsible for the correctness and completeness of the information (including credit card details) provided by Customers. HotelsCombined is not responsible for the payment obligations of Customers relating to their reservation.

What is Revato?
Revato is a secure booking platform that enables you to book directly with us, Park Hyatt X

We use Revato to distribute our direct rates on travel and accommodation websites worldwide.

This means that all bookings made on this platform will be received and processed directly by the reservation team at Park Hyatt X.

Last edited by joakgarp; May 20, 2017 at 7:06 am
Old May 20, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Easy choice by them and you. Either pursue another BRG and hope for another agent or vote with your wallet and take biz elsewhere.

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Hyatt brg just denied my valid brg claim and quoted terms that are for the hotel itself and not end user me. They are still insisting that Revato is creating memberships but its for Hyatt they are for and not the end user, ME.
​​​​​Jesus christ Hyatt is the most insistent not customer friendly company I've ever dealt with. I asked them to consult a supervisor. They seem to have some sort of competition in their Brg department to deny as much claims as possible. How can a big company as Hyatt run a customer service like this? The terms for Brg are even a mess.
​​​​​​
​​https://www.revato.com/Home/Terms
RESERVATIONS
HotelsCombined shall market Your accommodation ("Rooms") and shall refer to You (via HotelsCombined Software) users from HotelsCombined websites ("Customers").

When a reservation is made via HotelsCombined Software by a Customer for Your accommodation, a direct, legal contract is created between You and the Customer. You hereby authorize and empower HotelsCombined to conclude reservations on Your behalf.

You agree that it is your responsibility to charge Customers for their stay. HotelsCombined shall provide you with access to Customers credit card and You shall at your own discretion set the payment policy (e.g. pre-pay, pre-authorise or pay at the hotel).

When a reservation has been generated for You via HotelsCombined Software, You shall receive a confirmation email. HotelsCombined is not responsible for the correctness and completeness of the information (including credit card details) provided by Customers. HotelsCombined is not responsible for the payment obligations of Customers relating to their reservation.

What is Revato?
Revato is a secure booking platform that enables you to book directly with us, Park Hyatt X

We use Revato to distribute our direct rates on travel and accommodation websites worldwide.

This means that all bookings made on this platform will be received and processed directly by the reservation team at Park Hyatt X.
Old May 23, 2017, 1:03 am

I asked a supervisor to look into my claim on saturday why they are quoting terms for 1st party Hotels, Hyatt etc, when I'm clearly not a hotel and not to be submitted to those terms on 3rd party site. Still no response so they put the lid on and ran away. Excellent customer service Hyatt.
Old May 27, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
Originally Posted by Viks
Fraud reported to Nebraska's Attorney General. If you receive an absurd response like I did, I encourage you to do the same. This is beyond repulsive for a company to behave like that.
Got a response from Attorney General's office that they have contacted Hyatt, then some days later from a reasonable person at Hyatt. She recognized that the replies I was getting from the BRG agents were incoherent, offered me some points (which I accepted) for the frustration experienced and promised they will look into procedures how BRG claims are reviewed (including the overly broad definition of 'membership'). I'll believe it when it happens, but at least I'll give Hyatt another try the next time the location is more convenient than other chains. Turns out there are people capable of logical thought if you go up enough in Hyatt's hierarchy.

Unfortunately the date of my planned stay had already passed. I don't know if she would have reinstated the reservation and approved the claim if it was still in the future.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:09 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Applause to you, for making a big corporation honor the terms of their own advertising. The world needs more of this.
Got a response from Attorney General's office that they have contacted Hyatt, then some days later from a reasonable person at Hyatt. She recognized that the replies I was getting from the BRG agents were incoherent, offered me some points (which I accepted) for the frustration experienced and promised they will look into procedures how BRG claims are reviewed (including the overly broad definition of 'membership'). I'll believe it when it happens, but at least I'll give Hyatt another try the next time the location is more convenient than other chains. Turns out there are people capable of logical thought if you go up enough in Hyatt's hierarchy.

Unfortunately the date of my planned stay had already passed. I don't know if she would have reinstated the reservation and approved the claim if it was still in the future.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:29 am

Good job. Yeah it's the same as in any big company. Once you go up the hierarchy to someone who barely have any customer contact they always listen and respond in a good manner but barely anything happens.
With my case; I pm:ed WoH-Concierge here on Flyertalk my story but they answered they don't handle BRG-cases but forwarded my email to a supervisor in the german Brg team (not sure why the german team as my claim and 3rd party was both in english). This was two days ago. No respond yet but will wait for a week.

Sum it all up, Hyatt BRG is a big mess. Excellent hotels but poorly customer service from their HQ in Omaha. Their brg-agents will do anything to deny your claim and even make up lies about the 3rd party site. Once you prove they are wrong with quotes, screenshots and anything they never reply back and put the lid on. These are the two brg terms they prefer to deny cases with, especially Hyatt rates with flex reservations:
*Payment is in advance and not at check in - who cares if it's cancellable??
*Membership registration after you make a reservation on 3rd party site - who cares if the rate is lower??
Old May 27, 2017, 8:09 pm

Today's denial comes from an attempt to BRG a rate seen on Kayak.com, although it is offered by Amoma. (Kayak says "You are booking this hotel with AMOMA.com. KAYAK has partnered with AMOMA.com to find you the best room.")

The reason for the rejection: "After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on the third party website, www.amoma.com, automatically enrolling guests in a membership program during the booking process."
Old May 27, 2017, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dc_traveler
....The reason for the rejection: "After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on the third party website, www.amoma.com, automatically enrolling guests in a membership program during the booking process."
Amoma.com is on the list of blacklisted sites. See wiki.@:-)
Old May 28, 2017, 10:05 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

^ @Viks: thanks for sharing! Good to hear that the Nebraska Attorney General's Office looked into the matter. As the many posts in this thread show, Hyatt's BRG is a joke. The trend in the hotel industry is towards promoting direct bookings from guests away from OTAs, so it is difficult to understand why Hyatt is using its BRG to dissuade customers.
Old May 31, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Hyatt just denied my otel.com BRG claim:

I was unable to validate your submission based on the third party website otel.com automatically enrolling guests in a membership program during the booking process.
I tried to confirm this via the Hyatt BRG Terms and Condtions, but couldn't find such an exclusion. What am I missing?
Old May 31, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyingXplorer
Hyatt just denied my otel.com BRG claim:

I tried to confirm this via the Hyatt BRG Terms and Condtions, but couldn't find such an exclusion. What am I missing?
Otel.com is listed in the wiki under the section for not working with BRG

Otel.com February 2014 - membership site.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I'm shocked. I found a better rate for this stay, submitted my claim, and it was APPROVED in less than an hour!

We are pleased to hear of your desire to stay with us and happy to be of assistance regarding your Best Rate Guarantee submission. I was able to validate your claim and have resent the reservation confirmation to the email address on file. For your convenience, I have included a summary of your reservation below.

Grand Hyatt New York
Confirmation: [removed]
Guest Name: [removed]
Arrival Date: 08/xx/2017
Departure Date: 08/xx/2017
Room Type: Grand King
Rates: $157.97 per night plus tax

Thank you for providing the opportunity to assist you. We look forward to welcoming you to your stay!

Hyatt.com: $237.39/night (Member Discount rate)
Booking.com: $197.46/night
New Hyatt price: $157.97/night!

Originally Posted by ryandk
The Hyatt Best Rate Guarantee can be so frustrating, but it's so satisfying when you win.

For a 7-night stay at the Grand Hyatt New York in August, we found a lower, non-refundable rate on Booking.com. I booked the lowest refundable rate, asking them to change it to their non-refundable rate when the BRG was approved. Hyatt's lowest non-refundable rate was a 5th Night Free promo. I was, of course, denied, as the booking.com rate did not have the 5th night free (even though their nightly rate was lower than Hyatt's average nightly rate with the 5th Night Free promo).

So -- I made another reservation, asking them to use the Advance Purchase rate on Hyatt, a higher non-refundable rate, and resubmitted my claim. Denied again. Told me to book the 5th night free rate, which was denied the first time.

"Based on the current rates offered, if you change your reservation to the 5th Night Free offer, your claim would be valid. That rate is currently the lowest rate offered on Hyatt.com and it is a full prepaid-non refundable rate which is the same terms offered on booking.com. Once you have made this change and emailed back I would have to make sure the rates are still the same on both sites and re-validate this claim. If you are interested in changing your reservation using the full prepay-non refundable booking terms, please let me know as soon as possible to ensure that the rates offered on either site are still the same."

I called Hyatt, as I didn't want to make a non-refundable booking, and asked the agent to take care of it for me over the phone. She said she wasn't able to, and told me I'd have to reserve the non-refundable room and make another claim. I asked her about getting a refund if my claim is denied again, and she said I'd be stuck with it. So I asked for a manager, who was terrific. She said the original woman I spoke to didn't know she could have taken care of it, as I was already told my claim would be valid if I switched to the 5th Night Free rate. She adjusted the price, and kept the terms (not pre-paid, 48 hour cancellation) of my original booking made a month ago.

Hyatt Advance Purchase: $243/night
Hyatt 5th night offer: $227/night
Booking.com: $225.67/night
BRG rate: $180.54/night
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I am pleased, and frankly stunned, to report my first Hyatt BRG approval.

It took a denial, a call, secondary claim back-up as the first agent would not accept booking.com with the exact same cancellation policy because it said 'special offer', but accepted hotels.com with the same rate, same cancellation policy the following day concerning the same reservation.

Odd experience, nothing like Starwood and Marriott, but...it will be my first Hyatt Centric stay, so look forward to it.

Dear PW,

We are pleased to hear of your desire to stay with us and happy to be of assistance regarding your Best Rate Guarantee submission. I was able to validate your claim and have resent the reservation confirmation to the email address on file. For your convenience, I have included a summary of your reservation below.

Hyatt Centric Levent Istanbul
Confirmation: XXXXXXXX
Guest Name: (redacted)
Arrival Date: 06/XX/2017
Departure Date: 06/XX/2017
Room Type: King
Rates: 64.80 EUR

The Hyatt website was showing a rate of 115 EUR nightly, so I am pleased. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.