Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Amoma has been on the no fly list for many, many months.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by danger
Ahh... I saw it as a no in the wiki but thought there might have been some success reports.

I ended up matching with Prestigia for my dates.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danger
Yep, I received an instant denial recently - it arrived within minutes - for an Amoma claim.

Has anybody used the $50 credit outside the U.S.? Just wondering whether the FX rate is horrible, or whether there might be some interesting advantages from stale exchange rates (like you see sometimes with Points + Cash)
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Is it possible to file a BRG claim if you book a room using a BRG code from a previous stay?

Alternatively, if I book a room now at the Member Rate (or Advance Purchase Rate), can I add the BRG code to the reservation at a later date?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Here's a good one. Booked a room for 1 adult and 2 children and found a lower rate for the same at booking.com. Hyatt desk denied BRG because the Hyatt reservation showed 3 adults whereas the Booking.com showed 1 adult and 2 children. Well, Hyatt.com automatically changes the occupants to 3 "Guests"
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:06 am

I seriously cannot believe people still even bother thinking about BRG. Hyatt BRG has been long dead to me. Have not even thought about it for a long while, certainly not after the $50 change (execution).
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
I seriously cannot believe people still even bother thinking about BRG. Hyatt BRG has been long dead to me. Have not even thought about it for a long while, certainly not after the $50 change (execution).
$50 for a one-night stay isn't bad. It also turns into substantially more than $50 when used in certain foreign countries.

Hyatt BRG works fine for competing rates from the Expedia or Priceline empires. Otherwise I don't bother trying.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Has the prohibition on claiming using a publicly available promotion code or discount voucher always been in the T&Cs or is it new?

Originally Posted by craigthemif
$50 for a one-night stay isn't bad. It also turns into substantially more than $50 when used in certain foreign countries.

Hyatt BRG works fine for competing rates from the Expedia or Priceline empires. Otherwise I don't bother trying.
I've got my first $50 voucher and it produces some interesting discounts. At one French property it reduced the rate by the equivalent of only $42. At a UK property it short-changed me by a little over $3. At another property applying the code got me discount of $65.

I also notice that for at least one property I looked at, applying the code produces discounts off the AP rate, although only to the value of $23.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:42 am

Stay is tonight, made reservation last night.
Best rate on Hyatt.com as of last night is $90 member rate. Effectively non-refundable because it's within the 48 hour cancel policy.
Prepaid/Non-refundable rate on priceline.com is $78.
Booked on Hyatt.com and submitted a BRG claim claim.
Claims denied because "the cancel policies do have to match exactly the same even if you are within our standard cancelation."

This is why most BRG claims are a joke. Why would I book at Hyatt.com again?
dc_traveler likes this.

Last edited by avatexrs; Apr 13, 2018 at 10:58 am
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by avatexrs
Stay is tonight, made reservation last night.
Best rate on Hyatt.com as of last night is $90 member rate. Effectively non-refundable because it's within the 48 hour cancel policy.
Prepaid/Non-refundable rate on priceline.com is $78.
Booked on Hyatt.com and submitted a BRG claim claim.
Claims denied because "the cancel policies do have to match exactly the same even if you are within our standard cancelation."

This is why most BRG claims are a joke. Why would I book at Hyatt.com again?
Honestly I wouldn't expect to get a prepaid rate matched against a member rate, even if it is 'effectively' non-refundable.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Honestly I wouldn't expect to get a prepaid rate matched against a member rate, even if it is 'effectively' non-refundable.
So in this situation, why would anyone ever book on Hyatt.com?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Is Hyatt still denying essentially all refundable rates because the sites like Expedia & Orbitz collect money up front, whereas Hyatt doesn't? (yes, that's what they told me). Has anyone had any approved, or are the rare references to approved claims about non-refundable rates?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigE
Is Hyatt still denying essentially all refundable rates because the sites like Expedia & Orbitz collect money up front, whereas Hyatt doesn't? (yes, that's what they told me). Has anyone had any approved, or are the rare references to approved claims about non-refundable rates?
I don't recall re. Expedia / Orbitz, but it is definitely the same company as hotels.com - 99% of the time with the same hotel rates - and Hotels.com definitely allows you to "pay at the hotel".

I get approved for refundable rates, but only from hotels.com claims. (which are obviously much harder to find lower rates through...)
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BigE
In my experience, yes. Hyatt considers the conditions of the rates to be different.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I don't recall re. Expedia / Orbitz, but it is definitely the same company as hotels.com - 99% of the time with the same hotel rates - and Hotels.com definitely allows you to "pay at the hotel".

I get approved for refundable rates, but only from hotels.com claims. (which are obviously much harder to find lower rates through...)
https://www.hotels.com/hotel-deals/about-us/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.