Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by danger
Both of these adjusted prices are less than 20% off the competitors' rates.
Yes! How is this in line with their policy?
But it is so hard to get claims approved that most people don't pursue the shortfall I guess...
Old Dec 27, 2015, 8:47 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Both of these adjusted prices are less than 20% off the competitors' rates.
I had trouble with them giving the correct rate. I had to walk them through the calculations for each of my BRG claims. Kinda embarrassing that they can't even follow their own rules without customer's help.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
BRG noob question: if I get a prepaid rate adjusted, will the difference be refunded to my credit card?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:09 pm

Here are the rates that I had adjusted:

Grand Hyatt Erawan, Bangkok
Dates: 2 nights in late January
Room Type: Grand King (DSU'd to Grand Suite)
Rate Type: Prepaid
Hyatt Price: 4,950 THB/night plus taxes and fees (138 USD)
Agoda.com Price: 4,740 THB/night plus taxes and fees (132 USD)
Adjusted Price: 3,791.70 THB/night plus taxes and fees (105 USD)

Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur
Dates: 2 nights in late June
Rate Type: Hyatt Daily Rate
Hyatt Price: 600 MYR/night plus taxes and fees (140 USD)
Hoteltravel.com Price: 574.65 MYR/night plus taxes and fees (134 USD)
Adjusted Price: 451.19 MYR/night plus taxes and fees (105 USD)
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:28 pm

Alright two things

Grand Hyatt New York
Dates: 4 nights in mid Jan
Room Type: Grand King
Hyatt Price: 219 USD/night plus taxes and fees
Prestigia.com Price: 134 USD/night plus taxes and fees
Adjusted Price: 107.90 USD/night plus taxes and fees

Had submitted several BRGs for this one, kept getting denied for not being immediately confirmed. Called in 3x (got dropped twice while waiting for BRG team) and was told that this is because in recent past, Prestigia did not instantly confirm hotels and wasn't valid. Rep stated that this had changed recently enough that some BRG reps weren't aware that Prestigia should qualify. Point being, if you get BRG denied for Prestigia for not being immediately confirmed, just call them up.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Very first booking with Hyatt since they matched my status from Starwood.

Just had the Presidential Suite at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun approved via Orbitz.com

Price went from $840/night to $638.22/night.

Pretty stoked, especially after all of the Hyatt BRG stories I've read.

Also have 3 other rooms on the reservation that I just submitted claims for; was unaware you could put a rate for multiple rooms through. Total reservation started at $10,330-- hoping to get it below $8,500!

They also approved just in time to book today so I can get the $100 spa credit promo for credit card at checkin!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by terpzone
Just had the Presidential Suite at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun approved via Orbitz.com

Price went from $840/night to $638.22/night.

Pretty stoked.

Also have 3 other rooms on the reservation that I just submitted claims for; was unaware you could put a rate for multiple rooms through. Total reservation started at $10,330-- hoping to get it below $8,500!

They also approved just in time to book today so I can get the $100 spa credit promo for credit card at checkin!
Was the pres suite the only remaining room for sale on hyatt.com?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:25 am

Was the pres suite the only remaining room for sale on hyatt.com?
No, every room type was available. Orbitz claimed only 2 pres suites remaining, though. Only needed 1. Going for my bachelor party and wanted pres suite + 3 doubles.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by terpzone
No, every room type was available. Orbitz claimed only 2 pres suites remaining, though. Only needed 1. Going for my bachelor party and wanted pres suite + 3 doubles.
Interesting.

I've previously been denied because a cheaper room that is different room type to the one I'm claiming for has been available.

That is, in your situation, my BRG was denied because there are regular rooms available that are obviously cheaper.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:32 am

Interesting.

I've previously been denied because a cheaper room that is different room type to the one I'm claiming for has been available.

That is, in your situation, my BRG was denied because there are regular rooms available that are obviously cheaper.
that's.... that's dumb. Very strange, and doesn't seem like it should be the policy.

One of the two additional BRG claims I just submitted is probably going to get denied, though as it's a room booked for three for the first 3 nights, dropping to two for the last night. I'm sure they'll find an excuse to not give me the rate for the first 3 nights.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by staff
BRG noob question: if I get a prepaid rate adjusted, will the difference be refunded to my credit card?
Kindly bumping this post.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:59 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I think you're playing with fire with prepaid rates, but I digress (who knows if they will accept the claim). I would think they'll just refund the difference to your card.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 3:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The BRG T&Cs say:
"If you have already booked a prepaid stay on Hyatt.com, and find a Competing Rate that meets these terms and conditions set forth here, then Hyatt will refund the full amount originally charged to your credit card for the rate booked on Hyatt.com and charge your credit card for the full stay based on the new rate"
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You should always book your BRG reservation on hyatt.com on a flexible basis, and let Hyatt insist (usually by asking you to call to confirm) that the reservation needs to be prepaid because the competing rate is prepaid.

If you have an existing prepaid booking from long ago, I think you'll find that Hyatt might point you to the T&Cs which say that the BRG claim needs to be made within 24 hours of the original booking.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Here are the rates that I had adjusted:

Grand Hyatt Erawan, Bangkok
Dates: 2 nights in late January
Rate Type: Prepaid
Hyatt Price: 4,950 THB/night plus taxes and fees (138 USD)
Agoda.com Price: 4,740 THB/night plus taxes and fees (132 USD)
Adjusted Price: 3,791.70 THB/night plus taxes and fees (105 USD)

Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur
Dates: 2 nights in late June
Hyatt Price: 600 MYR/night plus taxes and fees (140 USD)
Hoteltravel.com Price: 574.65 MYR/night plus taxes and fees (134 USD)
Adjusted Price: 451.19 MYR/night plus taxes and fees (105 USD)
Is Hoteltravel.com now on the approved competing website list?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.