Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by PhilHugi
Mostly a business card is fine.
(Imagine you are on vaccation, why should you have your office badge with you? ) Here in europe mostly it is only a plastic card with a code or a small badge.

I have been asked to provide proof mostly in China. But not always.
Sometimes they asked, sometimes not. Normally they ask only the first time you stay at the hotel. (happened to me at GH Shenzhen, stayed like 4 times there, after the first time they didnt ask anymore for a card)
Others like the GH Guangzhou or Hyatt on the Bund didnt even bother to ask.

As during the trip I was kind of running out of cards: I mostly asked them to make a copy, no problem with that.
I usually make up a few business cards for that purpose....

(kidding, but not that hard to do)
Old Jun 14, 2016, 12:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Some SPG hotels in Asia have started disregarding business cards and begun verifying email addresses on the reservation on the larger accounts especially those not booked thru a particular travel agency or contain a non-work email address.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by seawolf
Some SPG hotels in Asia have started disregarding business cards and begun verifying email addresses on the reservation on the larger accounts especially those not booked thru a particular travel agency or contain a non-work email address.
How would they 'verify' a TA booking that has a TA email addy in the booking?

I guess the benefit to this is that you will know it wont work well in advance of walking up to the counter....
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by seawolf
But what about those corporate accounts that you are allowed to use for pleasure. I don't use my work email address with that.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:41 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
How would they 'verify' a TA booking that has a TA email addy in the booking?

I guess the benefit to this is that you will know it wont work well in advance of walking up to the counter....
Even if traveler email address is not included, Hotel can easily verify booking is made from a list of (corporate) travel agencies associated with that large corporate account (eg a finite list of IATA#s).

Originally Posted by cdancer20
But what about those corporate accounts that you are allowed to use for pleasure. I don't use my work email address with that.
Again this is SPG (HKG and PVG). Hyatt can definitely do the same thing if they wish.

At least those SPG properties have been emailing traveler in advance to either provide credentials (email from corporate address) or corporate letterhead with local office contact information documenting traveler is authorized to use this rate or pay BAR at check-in. I'm guessing they are seeing too many fake business cards. LOL.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:12 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
On the rare occasions when asked, I show my access badge. I always have it with me, while I don't always have business cards handyand/or have run out of B/C's.
Originally Posted by bono1
Do you know what kind of ID they would ask for? is a Business card acceptable?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
P.S., have people noticed the IBM corp code NC16700 recently stopped working?
I was able to use it successfully 3 weeks ago but now when I do rate quotes I get this error: "Do Not Use - Invalid Ac"

Just as a data point, I used either my big consulting company Corp rate or the IBM rate, all booked through Hyatt.com over the last 5 years with my personal use gmail email on my profile and had >150 nights without ever being asked for ID. It might have to do with I being Diamond for most of those stays though.

They included stays in Asia/Middle East like Grand Hyatt HK, Grand Hyatt Macau, Hyatt Regency HK, Hyatt Regency Tokyo, Hyatt Regency Osaka, Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi along with lots of USA domestic Hyatts.

The only time out of my ~700 hotel nights over the last 10 years I been asked for verification while on a corporate rate was when I booked a stay at the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong April 2015 using my employer's corp code booked directly through Marriott/Ritz's website. I got a email from the Ritz HK a day after my booking asking for me for my corporate email address for verification with the warning that if my corp email associated with the corp rate was not verified, then at check-in I would be charged the "best available rate" of 4,500 HKD which was about 50% higher than my company's corp rate.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:35 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Las Vegas rates @ MGM Hotels

I'm Diamond and with the MLife tier reciprocity, I am Platinum with Mlife.
When I check for room rates on the MLife site, I get largely discounted tier rates. The Hyatt site only has one rate, and is much higher.

Is there a rate code to get the discounted rates on the Hyatt site? Would probably make booking and stay/points credit easier.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I'm Diamond and with the MLife tier reciprocity, I am Platinum with Mlife.
When I check for room rates on the MLife site, I get largely discounted tier rates. The Hyatt site only has one rate, and is much higher.

Is there a rate code to get the discounted rates on the Hyatt site? Would probably make booking and stay/points credit easier.
I would check the mlife thread on here. However, I believe that if you book under the mlife website, you still get the Hyatt stay credit & points. I believe that's what I read but I can't confirm. Ask your question there.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-launched.html
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
I would check the mlife thread on here. However, I believe that if you book under the mlife website, you still get the Hyatt stay credit & points. I believe that's what I read but I can't confirm. Ask your question there.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-launched.html
If you book on the mlife site you will still get all the credits: mlife credits plus Hyatt nights & points
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by dchen2
P.S., have people noticed the IBM corp code NC16700 recently stopped working?
I wwas able to use it successfully 3 weeks ago but now when I do rate quotes I get this error: "Do Not Use - Invalid Ac"
The normal IBM code works still. Never seen that one.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by austin_modern
The normal IBM code works still. Never seen that one.
Perhaps confusing between Hyatt and Hilton...
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Apple Corporate Code

Just to through my $0.02 in ...
I used the Apple Corporate code when booking the Hyatt in Carmel CA. I don't work for Apple but I do work for an Authorized Service Provider. I found the code online and confirmed it was an Apple Corporate code here on this forum. The code took $100 off the nightly rate. I had brought my Authorized Service Provider business card to present if asked. The issue never came up. No one asked for Corporate ID. Just my experience.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:25 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by jonhynds
Just to through my $0.02 in ...
I used the Apple Corporate code when booking the Hyatt in Carmel CA. I don't work for Apple but I do work for an Authorized Service Provider. I found the code online and confirmed it was an Apple Corporate code here on this forum. The code took $100 off the nightly rate. I had brought my Authorized Service Provider business card to present if asked. The issue never came up. No one asked for Corporate ID. Just my experience.
IME, hotels don't really ask unless they were sold out and you are on a substantially cheap rate.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Diamond
Hi! Can someone PM me the Apple and HSBC corporate codes please? Thanks a lot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.