Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by mitellic

And yes... I am aware that the codes are technically available for employees only
if you're so aware of things, then why are you asking advice of the forum?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
For clarity, I don't only mean the IBM rate. Japan is very strict, and will ask for ID on almost any corporate rate, even the Costco one!
I have had quite a different experience. I have been traveling for work to Japan for 14 years and use my corp Hyatt code, have never once been asked for ID. It has dirt cheap rates and a generous breakfast credit so I'd think if they were the checking type that they would be checking me. I think it really depends. But then again I have not been asked in my 15 years at this company for ID for any hotel rate in any of a couple dozen countries.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I have always assumed that there is a way to analyze corporate rate usage... I hardly am bothered by properties asking for ID, but when my rate code was changed or when at a new property they do (sometimes) ask. And Japan beats most other countries in asking for it.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stephem
I have had quite a different experience. I have been traveling for work to Japan for 14 years and use my corp Hyatt code, have never once been asked for ID. It has dirt cheap rates and a generous breakfast credit so I'd think if they were the checking type that they would be checking me.
Do you book your own rooms, or does your company book them for you?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:19 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by sapguy
Ouch!

Thanks for pointing out that the Hyatt online check-in is for US, Canada, & Caribbean only
I just made a reservation at the ANdAZ London. they seem to offer web check-in, too. That's new to me, outside of the US.
Attached Images  
Old May 18, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: A3Gold, LTGLOB WOH, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Japan is not the place to try to use the IBM rate. They will ask 85% of the time.
My friend recently was asked for IBM company ID at Grand Hyatt in Berlin - never experienced this before in Germany
Old May 18, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by altstadthro
My friend recently was asked for IBM company ID at Grand Hyatt in Berlin - never experienced this before in Germany
Just out of curiousity, did your friend actually have one? If not, what happened when he couldn't produce?
Old May 18, 2016, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Just out of curiousity, did your friend actually have one? If not, what happened when he couldn't produce?
Not sure that anybody on Flyertalk would ever openly admit to that, even when it happens to a "friend".
Old May 18, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Not sure that anybody on Flyertalk would ever openly admit to that, even when it happens to a "friend".
Maybe, maybe not. It's repeatedly said here that people have tried to use company codes when they didn't work for the company but it's highly warned that you COULD be id'd.
Old May 18, 2016, 4:45 pm

I have witnessed people not having ID before and they were informed that they would have to be rebooked into another rate, and asked if they had any relavent memberships (i.e. AAA). Not a big deal, and the agent certainly didn't seem surprised to have to be doing it.
Old May 19, 2016, 11:34 pm

corporate code in Japan

Originally Posted by stephem
I have had quite a different experience. I have been traveling for work to Japan for 14 years and use my corp Hyatt code, have never once been asked for ID. It has dirt cheap rates and a generous breakfast credit so I'd think if they were the checking type that they would be checking me. I think it really depends. But then again I have not been asked in my 15 years at this company for ID for any hotel rate in any of a couple dozen countries.
If you don't mind I ask, which corporate code you've been using?
Old May 22, 2016, 6:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by rehoult
I have witnessed people not having ID before and they were informed that they would have to be rebooked into another rate, and asked if they had any relavent memberships (i.e. AAA). Not a big deal, and the agent certainly didn't seem surprised to have to be doing it.
or just have a back up plan (i.e., another reservation nearby)
Old May 22, 2016, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
or just have a back up plan (i.e., another reservation nearby)
How would that help? You'd be beyond the cancellation period, so you're still stuck paying for the room at Hyatt.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:31 pm

Do you know what kind of ID they would ask for? is a Business card acceptable?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
Mostly a business card is fine.
(Imagine you are on vaccation, why should you have your office badge with you? ) Here in europe mostly it is only a plastic card with a code or a small badge.

I have been asked to provide proof mostly in China. But not always.
Sometimes they asked, sometimes not. Normally they ask only the first time you stay at the hotel. (happened to me at GH Shenzhen, stayed like 4 times there, after the first time they didnt ask anymore for a card)
Others like the GH Guangzhou or Hyatt on the Bund didnt even bother to ask.

As during the trip I was kind of running out of cards: I mostly asked them to make a copy, no problem with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.