Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:23 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
any recent reviews on FHR stays here?
Not on FHR, but I would book Virtuoso over FHR. Virtuoso has a confirmed upgrade at booking, which is huge. I was able to confirm an Ambassador suite at booking by booking a Park Exec....

FDW
Old Oct 17, 2015, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're not a Diamond with Hyatt, FHR has the advantage to giving you a guaranteed 4 pm checkout.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Not on FHR, but I would book Virtuoso over FHR. Virtuoso has a confirmed upgrade at booking, which is huge. I was able to confirm an Ambassador suite at booking by booking a Park Exec....

FDW
Thanks. I went thru FHR and they confirmed an junior suite upgrade on a deluxe king room with a higher one at checkin.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:43 am

Hey everyone, just returned from a trip to the Park Hyatt DC and I can say this was the property with the best service and food of all the Hyatt properties I have been to. Only location that holds a candle to it is the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong.

Here are my brief thoughts:

Room and Welcome Amenity
Booked with points and cash with DSU. Emailed a week before to inform hotel that my fiance had a stressful month at work and that we were looking forward to our trip to relax. During check in was told we were further upgraded to Park Executive Suite. Chose 1,000 points, but upon entering room was surprised to find Champagne, strawberries and a beautiful bouquet of flowers for us. Absolutely amazing.

Room has been talked about extensively in other reviews, and it was perfect for our stay. Great furniture pieces, great bathroom and really felt like we were in an apartment, not a hotel. Best use of DSU (with further upgrade) to date, even compared to Grand Hyatt HK, HR Tokyo, Andaz Papagayo.

Breakfast
BDT service was impeccable. Prices are a little absurd, but everything we were served was on point. First day our bill was $86, second day I invited my sister and her boyfriend for breakfast and the bill was $130. Both bills were removed completely upon check out.

Definitely Returning
Cannot say enough great things about this property! Only downside to our trip was that we were not able to take advantage of the house car at any point. We asked four times during our two day stay, and each time the car was out. Not the property's fault, of course.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:43 pm
K79

Completed a one night C+P stay on 12/30/15. I was upgraded to the Park Suite which I truly enjoyed. The in-room breakfast for Diamonds is a great perk. There were some minor hiccups with housekeeping but other than that, a great stay. I definitely plan to come back for a longer stay.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:27 pm

Were you comp upgraded as a Diamond member or did you use a confirmed Diamond Upgrade? TIA!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:35 pm
K79

Originally Posted by Patrickthetiger
Were you comp upgraded as a Diamond member or did you use a confirmed Diamond Upgrade? TIA!
Before arrival I had a confirmed DSU to a Parlor Suite but was upgraded to the Park Suite during check in.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:03 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by K79
Before arrival I had a confirmed DSU to a Parlor Suite but was upgraded to the Park Suite during check in.
DSU now confirms to Parlor Suite??? that's awful....

It used to be a Park Exec; then the Park Suite....

FDW
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:31 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite

FDW
I have upcoming stay, my DSU was confirmed into Park Suite.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:07 pm

Why can't I book room with points when I put 4 adults as guests in one room. It does allow me to book on a rate but not with points. I am a Diamond member and would like to be upgraded to a suite with a connecting room if they have that at this PH.

What are the chances of problems if I book with 2 guests but show up with 4 instead. My main concern is two king beds and a suite. I guess their mercy of upgrade is only hope?

thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You need to familiarize yourself a bit with the GP rules..... points reservations are for the base rooms, and for those a 4 person occupancy is hardly ever allowed.

So you cannot book a "deluxe double" as an award....
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Hate to tell you that the Parlor Suite category no longer exists; they have been renamed Park Suites. So sadly you were not upgraded.

Originally Posted by K79
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:29 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dwatcher
Why can't I book room with points when I put 4 adults as guests in one room. It does allow me to book on a rate but not with points. I am a Diamond member and would like to be upgraded to a suite with a connecting room if they have that at this PH.

What are the chances of problems if I book with 2 guests but show up with 4 instead. My main concern is two king beds and a suite. I guess their mercy of upgrade is only hope?

thanks!
I would wager that the chances are pretty much nil. They don't have any standard two bedroom suites. They do have suites that have connecting rooms but the chances of getting upgraded from to that from a points booking is pretty much zero. Even the chances of a suite upgrade is low. If a two bedroom suite is really important I would book a paid (or p+c) stay and use a DSU. Unfortunately that only gets you a park suite, which I think doesn't has a connector. Book a room on points as well and then contact the hotel and ask them to upgrade you to a park exec with a connector. I have had good experiences with them in the past and think that this would have a very high chance of all getting sorted out before hands however; points booking to two bedroom suite- very very low.

Fdw
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO

FDW
Booking Virtuoso, you can still get the Park Exec suite on the DSU at booking.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 7:56 pm

I have no status with Hyatt, and have a junior suite booked with the FHR rate. Anyone know if it's eligible for the complimentary upgrade?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.