Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DCA-Flyer
Wondering if anyone here has had a recent (i.e. last week to month) attempt at using a Diamond Suite Upgrade certificate. I just tried earlier this evening, and was told by the Hyatt Diamond line CSR that the certificate can only be used to book into a Park Suite, which is not available on my desired dates. I have stayed multiple times at the PH Washington, and I do recall a period in 2011-2012ish that they downgraded the upgrade cert to the Park Suite, but on my last stay in 2013 it was back to the Park Executive Suite. Any first hand experience would be helpful. I'm going to try to contact the hotel during business hours tomorrow, will update the board as to what I hear.
I had 3-4 stays in 2013-14, all DSUs were confirmed in Park Executive Suite, so this may be a recent downgrade.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 10:29 pm

Rollaway bed charge?

Here at the PH DC. The hotel is asking 50/night for a rollaway.

Is this is a new charge here? I've seen high charges at european hotels, but 50/night seems a little excessive.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:29 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld

Is this is a new charge here? I've seen high charges at european hotels, but 50/night seems a little excessive.
Must be new. We were there in April and had a rollaway and I don't recall there to be a charge...

Fdw
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld

I was there May 2014, there was no charge. My sister was there September 2014 and was told there was a charge. With a family plan of $125, you may see whether the $50 rollaway or $125 for 2 double or queen bed is better for your group.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
PH Washington REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

No charge for me.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: Hyatt-Glob, DL-Dia, AA-EXP
Diamond Suite Upgrade (DSU) Now Upgrades to Park Suite (Downgrade)

Just want to confirm for everyone that the DSU at this property has been downgraded to the Park Suite from the Park Executive Suite. Checked with both the hotel and Hyatt GP customer service.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:48 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Just want to confirm for everyone that the DSU at this property has been downgraded to the Park Suite from the Park Executive Suite. Checked with both the hotel and Hyatt GP customer service.
Sigh.. yep.. looks like that's what our confirmed into.. has anyone stayed in this room before? We've stayed in both the ambassador and park exec suites; actually prefer the park exec because A) presence of a dining room table and b) not as narrow. Now, the park suite looks to be both narrow and without a dining table... sigh...

FDW
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: Hyatt-Glob, DL-Dia, AA-EXP
Park Suite Layout

I've been in the Park Executive Suite, Premier Park Deluxe and the Park Suite before. Honestly, the Park Suite is a minimal upgrade over the Premier Park Deluxe. The two times I've been in a Park Suite both have been facing the back of the building with no view. The differences between a Park Suite and a Premier Park Deluxe:
- Additional half bath
- A non-locking/non-latching door that separates the bedroom from the living room area
- Master bathroom is a downgrade from the Premier Park Deluxe/Park Executive Suite, as the shower is a small enclosed glass shower versus open shower

Also, there is no dining room table in the Park Suite. I hope this trend of suite downgrading isn't here to stay... I've got an upcoming PH NY stay and I basically am expecting a very very minimal upgrade (TBH, I wouldn't even bother using the DSU if it weren't going to expire...)
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:44 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I've been in the Park Executive Suite, Premier Park Deluxe and the Park Suite before. Honestly, the Park Suite is a minimal upgrade over the Premier Park Deluxe. The two times I've been in a Park Suite both have been facing the back of the building with no view. The differences between a Park Suite and a Premier Park Deluxe:
- Additional half bath
- A non-locking/non-latching door that separates the bedroom from the living room area
- Master bathroom is a downgrade from the Premier Park Deluxe/Park Executive Suite, as the shower is a small enclosed glass shower versus open shower

Also, there is no dining room table in the Park Suite. I hope this trend of suite downgrading isn't here to stay... I've got an upcoming PH NY stay and I basically am expecting a very very minimal upgrade (TBH, I wouldn't even bother using the DSU if it weren't going to expire...)
Thank you for pointing out the differences. I would say that for this property it's a waste of the DSU since diamonds are usually assigned Premier Park Deluxe anyways.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Category change for this property was just announced.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Category change for this property was just announced.
I wonder if the DSU suite downgrade is related to the upcoming category change. Now that it takes less points to stay here, presumably the hotel is being compensated less. I don't know if a hotel is compensated differently for a DSU based on what category it's in, but it's possible.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:13 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
I wonder if the DSU suite downgrade is related to the upcoming category change. Now that it takes less points to stay here, presumably the hotel is being compensated less. I don't know if a hotel is compensated differently for a DSU based on what category it's in, but it's possible.
Properties receive no compensation for DSU redemption.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Any other parking options aside from valet parking?

Should DIA staying 6n end of March. My DSU renew at the beginning of March, should I try to apply one or email the PH and see if they can extend an upgrade to us?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 6:52 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DjRashonal
Any other parking options aside from valet parking?

Should DIA staying 6n end of March. My DSU renew at the beginning of March, should I try to apply one or email the PH and see if they can extend an upgrade to us?
I used parking panda at the Weston across the street. I want to say it's like $23 with taxa night

Fdw
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I used parking panda at the Weston across the street. I want to say it's like $23 with taxa night

Fdw
Thanks! I'll check it out, right now it looks like it's pushing $42/n, hopefully that drops a little before we get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.