Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by pnq91
Just as another data point

I finally used one of my DSU's for a one night stay this weekend. Had never used one here before.

I was told when I checked in I was upgraded into a "georgetown suite." Was not sure if it was due to my Diamond status or because I booked through Amex FHR.
I usually have one of the premiere park deluxe room when I had stayed here in the past as a Diamond without using any type of upgrade instrument. The suite is a little bit bigger than the standard rooms but I like having a proper door to the bedroom and the extra half bath. The room was one of the suites that face 24th st, had a very nice view.

all in all not a bad value for $229 a night including a $100 property credit. It is one of my favorite US Hyatt properties.

For those interested in the Diamond Breakfast amenity. I was told it could be in the restaurant before 10:30 or via room service. My bill was about $110 and it got taken off automatically.
How'd this stay work out? I just booked C&P with a DSU for 7 days later in March and got put into a park suite. I was hoping for a Park executive or Georgetown.

Anybody know if I can contact the someone at the PH DC and see if they can bump me up or if I can pay to bump to the next suite?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond
Another data point.

Had a 3 night stay in mid-January (mid-week) and was given a Park Suite w/o using a DSU on a govt rate. Had the room service breakfast and charged ~$40 per day and never saw the charges. It was a pretty quiet week in DC and the sedan driver said the hotel was not very full. I was able to use the sedan service 2/3 mornings. The third day I was kind of late and the driver was out so I just took a cab rather than wait.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by cliff9973
Another data point.

Had a 3 night stay in mid-January (mid-week) and was given a Park Suite w/o using a DSU on a govt rate. Had the room service breakfast and charged ~$40 per day and never saw the charges. It was a pretty quiet week in DC and the sedan driver said the hotel was not very full. I was able to use the sedan service 2/3 mornings. The third day I was kind of late and the driver was out so I just took a cab rather than wait.
Do you tip him/her? If so is it dependent on how far you go?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DjRashonal
Do you tip him/her? If so is it dependent on how far you go?
I tipped about $5 a trip - I don't know the right amount. The equivalent cab fare was about $12-15.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:25 pm

We recently came back from a three night stay at this property, where I stayed with my husband and two kids. I used P+C and a DSU. We were given a Park Suite on the top (10th) floor. As an amenity, I choose the bottle of wine and cheese plate. Chocolate truffles and a hand written note were waiting in our room when we arrived; nice touch.

The suite was very spacious and it was nice to have a door to separate the bedroom area from the living area (where the kids slept on a roll away), not to mention two TVs and two bathrooms. Right away we felt as though it was a good use of our DSU.

In pictures, the rooms seem rather sparsely decorated (and perhaps odd with the slipcovered chairs), but I feel it comes together better in person. The design is a sort of modern-minimalist-meets-shaker-farmhouse. I was struck by the quality of the materials used throughout the hotel and harmonious way in which they worked together: the wood flooring in the entryways to the room, huge expanses of glorious marble in the restaurant, the sleek tiles in the bathroom, the graceful rocking chairs, the burlap tapestry behind the front desk. I could write a poem about the chairs in the restaurant. It worked so well together.

Every morning we looked forward to breakfasts in the Blue Duck Tavern. The menu was creative and the items we received were exceptionally well-executed -- from the kids' hot chocolate to the trout eggs benedict to the nutella waffles. As a Diamond, we thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast benefit.

The courtesy car was great, and we used it every day to get to nearby sites. So easy. The concierge was awesome and helped us secure train and tour tickets. In fact, every staff person we encountered was exceptional.

Overall, this property exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to return.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:06 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Any recent experience with use of DSU? Still park suite? Does the Park suite connect to another room? thanks

FDW
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:34 pm

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has successfully used a hyatt gift certificate here for their stay?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:30 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jasonz9238
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has successfully used a hyatt gift certificate here for their stay?
Shouldn't be a problem with either gift cards or paper gift cents. My regular advice applies, plan on some extra time to arrange the payment at checkout since many front desk personnel may have some trouble applying the cents since they don't do it everyday.
Old May 25, 2015, 9:31 pm

Are there any other parking options nearby that people have been using besides parking overnight at the hotel? Overnight is ridiculously expensive at $42.37 + tax. Trying to see what my options are.

Also, for the diamond breakfast, is it a fixed amount per person that we can order up to? If yes, what is the amount pp? Thanks!

Last edited by cruisingmickey; May 25, 2015 at 9:40 pm
Old May 28, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Fairmont, SPG, AA, WN
Originally Posted by KariAud
We recently came back from a three night stay at this property, where I stayed with my husband and two kids. I used P+C and a DSU. We were given a Park Suite on the top (10th) floor. As an amenity, I choose the bottle of wine and cheese plate. Chocolate truffles and a hand written note were waiting in our room when we arrived; nice touch.

The suite was very spacious and it was nice to have a door to separate the bedroom area from the living area (where the kids slept on a roll away), not to mention two TVs and two bathrooms. Right away we felt as though it was a good use of our DSU.

In pictures, the rooms seem rather sparsely decorated (and perhaps odd with the slipcovered chairs), but I feel it comes together better in person. The design is a sort of modern-minimalist-meets-shaker-farmhouse. I was struck by the quality of the materials used throughout the hotel and harmonious way in which they worked together: the wood flooring in the entryways to the room, huge expanses of glorious marble in the restaurant, the sleek tiles in the bathroom, the graceful rocking chairs, the burlap tapestry behind the front desk. I could write a poem about the chairs in the restaurant. It worked so well together.

Every morning we looked forward to breakfasts in the Blue Duck Tavern. The menu was creative and the items we received were exceptionally well-executed -- from the kids' hot chocolate to the trout eggs benedict to the nutella waffles. As a Diamond, we thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast benefit.

The courtesy car was great, and we used it every day to get to nearby sites. So easy. The concierge was awesome and helped us secure train and tour tickets. In fact, every staff person we encountered was exceptional.

Overall, this property exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to return.
Great point. I thought the rooms looked average in photos and much better in person.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by ang2383
Are there any other parking options nearby that people have been using besides parking overnight at the hotel? Overnight is ridiculously expensive at $42.37 + tax. Trying to see what my options are.

Also, for the diamond breakfast, is it a fixed amount per person that we can order up to? If yes, what is the amount pp? Thanks!
It is a fixed amount, but if memory serves you need not worry. I recall the amount enabled me to order 2 mains with no issue.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
It is a fixed amount, but if memory serves you need not worry. I recall the amount enabled me to order 2 mains with no issue.
Thanks! ^
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
No more apple pie as diamond amenity, sadly. Found the service inconsistent as many others reported. Had to go back to another person to ask for diamond amenity, late check out, etc.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pWei
No more apple pie as diamond amenity, sadly. Found the service inconsistent as many others reported. Had to go back to another person to ask for diamond amenity, late check out, etc.
Stayed here this past weekend and was asked at check in if I wanted the amenity or 1000 points. Took the points.

Late Checkout wasn't offered at check in. When I went back to request and was told they'll see if they can do 1PM; mentioned I was a Diamond Guest and a 4PM checkout was promptly confirmed. I chalk that down to agent inexperience. The fellow FTer I checked in with (who was checked in by a different agent) offered him a Diamond Specific card holder that listed the Diamond Benefits.

Breakfast was had at BDT and never appeared on my bill, not even the tip.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:44 am

any recent reviews on FHR stays here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.