Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by fangtl
I think the junior suite is perfectly fine if you only have a one or 2 people. In my eyes, other than an additional half bath room and more space in the bedroom the Park Suite is not a significant upgrade over the junior. In fact, I much prefer the junior's bathroom over the Park Suite.
^
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:40 pm

Just arrived at PH Washington and had had the weirdest conversation about an upgrade.. I used my DSU to a Park Hyatt Suite but since I'm traveling with 2 kids is aways good to have more space. I asked the Front Agent if they could update me for a larger room, a Park Executive Suite and she said that she would talk to the manager, he came back very "nervous", saying "Did you ask to talk to me?" and asking me why I wanted a larger suite and I explained about the kids and said if they can't ok, I wouldn't mind and then he said something like: "I will give to you, but just this night, this is not common" but the way he said looked like I was threatening the guy, if he didn't give to me I would make samething to him.. At the end, I got the room.. amazing! But.. very odd interaction, not making me fell recognized as diamond but being a jerk for asking..
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:59 am

I have a stay coming up over a Saturday night, and am looking forward to a great (and free, Diamond) breakfast at Blue Duck Tavern. Do I need to make a reservation ahead of time, or can we (4 of us, 2 adults 2 kids) just wander in?

Also, I see they list their car service as a perk for the suites, but subject to availability. Does anyone know how available they tend to be?

Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by rbw5t
I have a stay coming up over a Saturday night, and am looking forward to a great (and free, Diamond) breakfast at Blue Duck Tavern. Do I need to make a reservation ahead of time, or can we (4 of us, 2 adults 2 kids) just wander in?

Also, I see they list their car service as a perk for the suites, but subject to availability. Does anyone know how available they tend to be?

Thanks!
Car service is available in the am and the pm (5-8?).
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lalala
Car service is available in the am and the pm (5-8?).
I have stayed at the PH Washington several times and the car has NEVER been available when I requested it (you can't pre-reserve it). YMMV of course.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

Thanks!
I was there over the weekend. The diamond breakfast is $32 per person, which is the same as the cost for buffet. You could also order from the menu. I highly recommend crab cake and short rib hash.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by mediator
I highly recommend crab cake and short rib hash.
Is that two different things?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Is that two different things?
Yes.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:26 pm

I was there over the weekend. The diamond breakfast is $32 per person, which is the same as the cost for buffet. You could also order from the menu. I highly recommend crab cake and short rib hash.
Everyone's taste buds are different but my 2c on the hash is to skip it. We ordered it twice on separate stays and both times it came out over-seasoned, the crab is fine though and I've enjoyed it on multiple occasions.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Gold, Hyatt - Diamond
Originally Posted by fangtl
Everyone's taste buds are different but my 2c on the hash is to skip it. We ordered it twice on separate stays and both times it came out over-seasoned, the crab is fine though and I've enjoyed it on multiple occasions.
I'm staying this weekend and looking forward to breakfast. Hyatt Olive 8 had a short rib hash at breakfast that is one of the best breakfasts I've ever had, hotel or otherwise.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by yorkman
I'm staying this weekend and looking forward to breakfast. Hyatt Olive 8 had a short rib hash at breakfast that is one of the best breakfasts I've ever had, hotel or otherwise.
Interesting that that dish shows up at the Olive and Blue Duck. Makes it seems like something Hyatt-specific. I thought that the Blue Duck was kind of its own fancy restaurant that happens to be in the PH DC. Maybe they borrowed items from the menu there for other Hyatts?

Back to my original question -- does anyone know if Diamonds can just plan to walk in for breakfast, or should I make a reservation for brunch for a Sunday morning? Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 3:54 pm

It's quite popular; I'd recommend you book a table on OpenTable.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:31 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Interesting that that dish shows up at the Olive and Blue Duck. Makes it seems like something Hyatt-specific. I thought that the Blue Duck was kind of its own fancy restaurant that happens to be in the PH DC. Maybe they borrowed items from the menu there for other Hyatts?

Back to my original question -- does anyone know if Diamonds can just plan to walk in for breakfast, or should I make a reservation for brunch for a Sunday morning? Thanks!
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
It's quite popular; I'd recommend you book a table on OpenTable.
Have never had an issue for breakfast (though we tend to eat on the earlier side, before 10), but will say this as others might find it helpful: BDT -- and other very popular restaurants -- often hold back availability from OpenTable, especially at peak times. If you don't see availability, it's always worth calling.

If calling the restaurant fails, try the hotel concierge if you have a stay booked; they've worked things out for me before as well when the restaurant was "fully booked."
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by LM225
Have never had an issue for breakfast (though we tend to eat on the earlier side, before 10), but will say this as others might find it helpful: BDT -- and other very popular restaurants -- often hold back availability from OpenTable, especially at peak times. If you don't see availability, it's always worth calling.

If calling the restaurant fails, try the hotel concierge if you have a stay booked; they've worked things out for me before as well when the restaurant was "fully booked."
Yup, we're staying Saturday night, and hoping to do breakfast/brunch at BDT Sunday morning. I'll just try to make a reservation, and if I have trouble, will talk to the concierge about getting us in. Thanks for the responses!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:23 am

$32 per person including tax and tips? I've stayed there a few times this year and the two of us staying in the room usually had a total breakfast bill of between $100 and $125 and wasn't charged anything for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.