Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by peteropny
Properties receive no compensation for DSU redemption.
Jeff Z actually once stated that properties do receive compensation for DSUs. It may not have been in a public forum. Might be worth asking about.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
What does the FHR Breakfast consist of at BDT?

Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:24 pm

Premier Park Deluxe now Junior Suite

Per the PHW website, the Premier Park Deluxe rooms now appear to be called Junior Suites.

http://www.parkwashington.hyatt.com/...oms/suite.html
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
And the Park Executive Suite category has been split in two:

Park Executive Suite
Georgetown Suite

This might kill any future DSU stays for me ...
Old Jan 7, 2015, 5:27 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by schriste
And the Park Executive Suite category has been split in two:

Park Executive Suite
Georgetown Suite

This might kill any future DSU stays for me ...
I think they might have killed the DSU before that... for the past couple of months DSU's have been boing into Park Suites, instead of the before Park Exec.....

FDW
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Diamond
Junior Suite Classification - Against Brand Guidelines?

According to Hyatt's Brand Guidelines, this does not meet the criteria to be classified as a Park Hyatt Junior Suite:

http://hyattdevelopment.com/brands/p...uidelines.html

Guessing this is something that Hyatt doesn't really enforce?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by e53nyc
According to Hyatt's Brand Guidelines, this does not meet the criteria to be classified as a Park Hyatt Junior Suite:

http://hyattdevelopment.com/brands/p...uidelines.html

Guessing this is something that Hyatt doesn't really enforce?
Interesting. I've had some PH junior suites that looked more like 645 square feet than 860. In fact, 860 is visibly larger than some small real one bedroom suites in many other hotels, including the Hyatt Arlington near DC for example.

BTW, I've been told that DSUs confirm into Park Suites (not Park Executive Suites) at PHs, although it seems possible for authorized staff to confirm DSUs into higher category suites if the hotel chooses to do so.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 9, 2015 at 9:47 am
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:28 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by henchen
Per the PHW website, the Premier Park Deluxe rooms now appear to be called Junior Suites.

http://www.parkwashington.hyatt.com/...oms/suite.html
To me the critical issue here is whether Diamonds will be routinely upgraded into these Junior Suites (formerly Premier Park Deluxe) since the property has so many of them. Also what does the DSU now confirm into, if it's these Junior Suites then usage of a DSU here is not worth anything. But if they are still routinely given out as upgrades and DSU confirms into something higher, then it's just renaming the categories which is perfectly acceptable since these rooms are truly Junior Suites.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:36 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

PH Washington REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

My last DSU confirmed into a park suite

Fdw
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by peteropny
To me the critical issue here is whether Diamonds will be routinely upgraded into these Junior Suites (formerly Premier Park Deluxe) since the property has so many of them. Also what does the DSU now confirm into, if it's these Junior Suites then usage of a DSU here is not worth anything. But if they are still routinely given out as upgrades and DSU confirms into something higher, then it's just renaming the categories which is perfectly acceptable since these rooms are truly Junior Suites.

I think it's pretty much a given that Diamonds will continue to be upgraded to junior suites here, as otherwise there would be no rooms to upgrade them to. Everything above a Park Deluxe room, their basic room type, is now considered a suite. And there is something like 104 junior suites vs. 84 standard rooms, which is why upgrades have always been very dependable here. To be fair to the property, the former Premier Park Deluxe rooms are quite large and especially the bathrooms are a huge step up from the basic rooms.

It seems that the category that is now used for DSUs, Park Suite, is what used to be called Park Parlor suites. Until recently the Park Suite was one particular suite on the top floor (1002) and priced between Parlor Suites and Executive Suites. Not sure which category it has now been assigned to, likely Executive Suite.

The new Park Suites are definitely a step up from the junior suites. They are real suites. They do face a brick wall, if I remember correctly. So no views to be had. No that there are that many at this property.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by dkelly1110
What does the FHR Breakfast consist of at BDT?

Thanks.
If I remember right I got a $32/person credit at the restaurant. Technically doesn't cover room service so you may want to check that. I also vaguely recall having an issue about "breakfast" vs. "brunch."
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sensei
I think it's pretty much a given that Diamonds will continue to be upgraded to junior suites here, as otherwise there would be no rooms to upgrade them to. Everything above a Park Deluxe room, their basic room type, is now considered a suite. And there is something like 104 junior suites vs. 84 standard rooms, which is why upgrades have always been very dependable here. To be fair to the property, the former Premier Park Deluxe rooms are quite large and especially the bathrooms are a huge step up from the basic rooms.

It seems that the category that is now used for DSUs, Park Suite, is what used to be called Park Parlor suites. Until recently the Park Suite was one particular suite on the top floor (1002) and priced between Parlor Suites and Executive Suites. Not sure which category it has now been assigned to, likely Executive Suite.

The new Park Suites are definitely a step up from the junior suites. They are real suites. They do face a brick wall, if I remember correctly. So no views to be had. No that there are that many at this property.
So if a Diamond doesn't use a DSU, is there an upgrade to one of the "junior suites" or not? HGP rules seem to only require free upgrades to the best room, not including (junior) suites.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Originally Posted by crimson12
If I remember right I got a $32/person credit at the restaurant. Technically doesn't cover room service so you may want to check that. I also vaguely recall having an issue about "breakfast" vs. "brunch."
I have stayed here multiple times. With two guests, we usually spend >$100 for breakfast with room service. It has always been taken off the bill. However, I have not been here since October, so things could have changed.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:41 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So if a Diamond doesn't use a DSU, is there an upgrade to one of the "junior suites" or not? HGP rules seem to only require free upgrades to the best room, not including (junior) suites.
We'll have to wait for reports to e sure but we (both sensei and I) think the practice will continue much like at th former PH SF, PH LA and at the GH SIN even though the deluxe rooms in the front tower are not called suites, they really are.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
Just as another data point

I finally used one of my DSU's for a one night stay this weekend. Had never used one here before.

I was told when I checked in I was upgraded into a "georgetown suite." Was not sure if it was due to my Diamond status or because I booked through Amex FHR.
I usually have one of the premiere park deluxe room when I had stayed here in the past as a Diamond without using any type of upgrade instrument. The suite is a little bit bigger than the standard rooms but I like having a proper door to the bedroom and the extra half bath. The room was one of the suites that face 24th st, had a very nice view.

all in all not a bad value for $229 a night including a $100 property credit. It is one of my favorite US Hyatt properties.

For those interested in the Diamond Breakfast amenity. I was told it could be in the restaurant before 10:30 or via room service. My bill was about $110 and it got taken off automatically.

Last edited by pnq91; Jan 19, 2015 at 10:45 pm Reason: added info on breakfast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.