Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I hope it was really good soju and not the green bottle stuff. I would expect wine for a Diamond amenity at least.
I nearly spewed my coffee with the mental picture of PHS giving out Cheoumchorum or Chamisool soju as Diamond amenity. (For those who don't know, those green bottles barely cost 2 USD per bottle)

Indeed it is the expensive stuff - having never tried it, I have no idea how they taste, though!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stargold
I nearly spewed my coffee with the mental picture of PHS giving out Cheoumchorum or Chamisool soju as Diamond amenity. (For those who don't know, those green bottles barely cost 2 USD per bottle)

Indeed it is the expensive stuff - having never tried it, I have no idea how they taste, though!
Yeah, I was really curious and thinking how downhill PH Seoul had gone but the expensive stuff is better...I guess.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:10 pm

Does anyone know the max number of people for the diamond breakfast here at PH Seoul? Is it 2 or 4? And I'm assuming registered guests or not necessary? I'm staying in a Park King suite and I think max occupancy is 3 so I'm going to assume it is either 2 or 3 max ppl for the breakfast? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's the exact same generic rule everywhere.... max 4 but only for those that are registered in the room where the Diamond is staying.

Some properties can be flexible on that, but don't count on it.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Originally Posted by ang2383
Does anyone know the max number of people for the diamond breakfast here at PH Seoul? Is it 2 or 4? And I'm assuming registered guests or not necessary? I'm staying in a Park King suite and I think max occupancy is 3 so I'm going to assume it is either 2 or 3 max ppl for the breakfast? Thanks in advance!
I had exact same question.
if you booked it for 3 guests, then it's free for 3 guests.
2, then 2 free breakfasts
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Sunday Brunch

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times, but don't think I every had a stay that included a Sunday morning. Would anyone know if Sunday Brunch is included for Diamonds? Looks to be close to $100/adult. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:49 pm

Sunday Brunch is never included. Breakfast is served before the brunch, and that is what you get for free.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coterie
I have stayed at this hotel multiple times, but don't think I every had a stay that included a Sunday morning. Would anyone know if Sunday Brunch is included for Diamonds? Looks to be close to $100/adult. Thanks in advance.
Not included for anyone and reservations suggested if you want to go.
The upside:

The breakfast is almost as good as brunch minus sushi and grilled meats. Go late enough and that can be your brunch...ha.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:27 am

The breakfast is almost as good as brunch minus sushi and grilled meats. Go late enough and that can be your brunch...ha.
Indeed - have always enjoyed breakfast at PHS.

Not as wide in selection as most other 5* hotels in the city, but much better quality all around. And less of a zoo as well, which helps.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Not included for anyone and reservations suggested if you want to go.
The upside:

Nice. Thanks for the tip!
Old May 21, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: MR Plat.
Just completed a 3 day stay here. The interior of the room has been described already, so I focus on a few items which I found surprising: The mattress was very firm, I found it quite hard to sleep the first night even when using the duvel as extra cushioning. Also surprising was that the dark covers where not blocking out light as much as I would have hoped, so I woke up relatively early. Soundproofing was not that great either (I read about that already).

Service was very good though, it was at times as if staff was anticipating what you might need or want next. Breakfast was very good too, in quality as well as selection. The bar was nice too.

Overall I liked the hotel, as many pointed out location is important in Seoul as the city is so huge. If I visit again, I will probably stay in one of the hotels closer to the tourist attractions.
Old May 21, 2015, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by starlicious
Just completed a 3 day stay here. The interior of the room has been described already, so I focus on a few items which I found surprising: The mattress was very firm, I found it quite hard to sleep the first night even when using the duvel as extra cushioning. Also surprising was that the dark covers where not blocking out light as much as I would have hoped, so I woke up relatively early. Soundproofing was not that great either (I read about that already).

Service was very good though, it was at times as if staff was anticipating what you might need or want next. Breakfast was very good too, in quality as well as selection. The bar was nice too.

Overall I liked the hotel, as many pointed out location is important in Seoul as the city is so huge. If I visit again, I will probably stay in one of the hotels closer to the tourist attractions.
Bongeunsa temple, KBO baseball and COEX mall is nearby but yes there's not a lot going on over there. Did you goto the Timber House bar or lobby lounge?
Old May 21, 2015, 6:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by starlicious

Good review, and you point out the #1 reason I'm a PHS 'skeptic'...location location location.
Old May 21, 2015, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Good review, and you point out the #1 reason I'm a PHS 'skeptic'...location location location.
You should at least try it out once!

If you need to be near your FS then I suggest Westin Chosun. You could walk it from there if you choose to.

Last edited by Aventine; May 21, 2015 at 9:29 am
Old May 21, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by pricesquire
I can't complain about the location being right beside COEX and a stones throw away from apgujeong.

If you prefer myeongdong, insadong, the palace, Cheonggyecheon, etc then yes PHS isn't as close by so stay at the GHS.

It is really about what you want from your location and the PHS suites my purposes just fine.

Last edited by DHalltheway; May 21, 2015 at 9:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.