Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stargold
If only you saw what the outdoor pool looked like during the summer peak! (For those unfamiliar, the GH is an extremely popular "staycation" spot and it is bursting at the seams for the entire summer)
offtopic: but I believe they offer pool passes to room guests but doesn't work. Moms And sunbathers camp out early to put their stuff down for the day lol.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:34 am

One last OT: Quite simply, the GH is an "avoid" hotel during the summer. It's not just the pool either - the lounge tends to be a madhouse during breakfast and cocktail hour too.
Old May 24, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stargold
One last OT: Quite simply, the GH is an "avoid" hotel during the summer. It's not just the pool either - the lounge tends to be a madhouse during breakfast and cocktail hour too.
yup. Those are the campers.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:33 pm

We just completed an eight night stay and I was really impressed. The design was modern but inviting and the service was spectacular. We used a DSU and got a deluxe king suite, and the food via the restaurants was great. Used the pool several times and only shared with one other person once. The drinks at the basement bar are pricey but the place is beautiful and we had a great time. Like many other places in the city the hotel was fairly empty due to the MERS scare - a benefit for us though we feel badly for the businesses that are suffering.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfmom
We just completed an eight night stay and I was really impressed. The design was modern but inviting and the service was spectacular. We used a DSU and got a deluxe king suite, and the food via the restaurants was great. Used the pool several times and only shared with one other person once. The drinks at the basement bar are pricey but the place is beautiful and we had a great time. Like many other places in the city the hotel was fairly empty due to the MERS scare - a benefit for us though we feel badly for the businesses that are suffering.
Cornerstone and Timber House both do great food. One of the best parts of PH Seoul? How was your suite's water pressure and shower head? Did it still spray awkwardly towards the tub?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Cornerstone and Timber House both do great food. One of the best parts of PH Seoul? How was your suite's water pressure and shower head? Did it still spray awkwardly towards the tub?
To me the best part was the service. Fast, efficient, friendly and always got it done. For someone who hadn't been in Asia in years it was so much better than what I am used to.

Water pressure was great. The tub got a little wet but I didn't find that awkward. I admit I mostly used the tub to dry our swimsuits. The hotel is design forward, more so than the U.S. but we liked that aspect of it.

We are at the Hyatt Kyoto now and it's also fantastic. My mother prefers it's more traditional design. I will review after we check out.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfmom
To me the best part was the service. Fast, efficient, friendly and always got it done. For someone who hadn't been in Asia in years it was so much better than what I am used to.

Water pressure was great. The tub got a little wet but I didn't find that awkward. I admit I mostly used the tub to dry our swimsuits. The hotel is design forward, more so than the U.S. but we liked that aspect of it.

We are at the Hyatt Kyoto now and it's also fantastic. My mother prefers it's more traditional design. I will review after we check out.
Kyoto's service is even better! Welcome to Asia and enjoy your trip sfmom.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:03 pm
Community Director Emerita

How does the price compare for two people to take the bus to the city air terminal, then a taxi, versus taking a taxi from the airport?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:14 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
How does the price compare for two people to take the bus to the city air terminal, then a taxi, versus taking a taxi from the airport?
Don't really know but the airport is about an hour away - I'm sure the difference is pretty high - maybe not as bad as Tokyo but bad enough.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Daum maps says it will cost approx. 65,000 won including tolls. This doesn't account for rush hour times getting into Gangnam from the Olympic Highway. The Uber flat rate is a 100,000 won and I would probably take this for black car comfort. The CAT airport limo then taxi will be a lot cheaper.

If you're flying KE then buy their airport limo coupons via in-flight duty free service, then, take the Korean Air deluxe limo bus straight to the hotel. Easy peasy compared to CAT bus then taxi.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 9, 2015 at 10:11 pm
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
My Daum maps says it will cost approx. 65,000 won including tolls. This doesn't account for rush hour times getting into Gangnam from the Olympic Highway. The Uber flat rate is a 100,000 won and I would probably take this for black car comfort. The CAT airport limo then taxi will be a lot cheaper.

If you're flying KE then buy their airport limo coupons via in-flight duty free service, then, take the Korean Air deluxe limo bus straight to the hotel. Easy peasy compared to CAT bus then taxi.

We didn't fly KE, but was still able to ride the KE limo bus. It drops you right across the street from the hotel.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:09 am
Community Director Emerita

We are flying KE and this advice is very much appreciated. Thank you.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
One of the airport bus routes stops right across the street from the hotel. After alighting, you cross a big street (the one that starts to go up hill) and walk up a sort of driveway that's a shortcut on an angle to the corner of the streets. You'll pass a door with some stairs to the restaurant--I initially thought that this was the entrance to some consulting firm. There's a subway stop exit here on your left. Further along the driveway is the hotel's main entrance with bell persons who will take your luggage and sent you up to the lobby. [The hotel's taxi line is hidden in the back so don't try to look for waiting taxis when trying to find the main entrance.]

The tradeoff seems to be between the frequency of this route versus that of the air terminal route or a different route that stops at an IC hotel in the same complex. From either of these, you can walk to the PH if you have a reasonable amount of luggage; the distance would be about several blocks.

Look at a picture of the hotel before you go so that you can easily recognize the building. Otherwise the path from airport bus stop to the hotel can be disorienting.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
We are flying KE and this advice is very much appreciated. Thank you.
If you're on one of the KE flights that arrives very early in the morning (such as the JFK A380 post midnight departure), you'll get through customs a bit before the start of any public transportation at ICN. IIRC the bus route and schedule information on the PH website was wrong and confusing. I asked at an airport information counter and they sent me to the first bus, which was the one that stops across the street from the hotel. [When you see a large temple complex, you're getting close to the PH.] I was one of only several passengers on the bus and everything was of course on time. This was mid-April.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qmiles321
We didn't fly KE, but was still able to ride the KE limo bus. It drops you right across the street from the hotel.
Yes, buying the coupons saves a little money from just outright paying. Just handy if you're on KE and can buy them. If not, still Korean Air limo bus would be a good choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.