Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:38 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are no complimentary bus services to either airport for anyone at the PHS, regardless of status. As noted above, there is a free shuttle to the nearby city air terminal where there are frequent (paid) buses to both.

At Incheon, I have had good luck flagging down a Hyatt representative (without regard for which Hyatt they were with) and telling them what I was planning to do. Whenever I did this, there was always a shuttle bus waiting when I arrived at the terminus.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I believe there's a Korean Air deluxe limousine bus that goes to the PH. I've been on it accidentally once when I didn't know Grand Hyatt from Park many moons ago.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Amb, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Club Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
OZ @ CALT accept check-ins with luggage until 2h30m before the flight departure time (strict). So long as you make that cut-off, you should have ample time to make your flight. At that hour on a Saturday morning it should take no more than 1h to get to ICN.
Do you know when they start taking check-ins with luggage?
I have an early morning flight out and would prefer to have the checked luggage checked the day before, if possible
Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by cykj
Do you know when they start taking check-ins with luggage?
I have an early morning flight out and would prefer to have the checked luggage checked the day before, if possible
Unfortunately they do not do night-before check in.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:26 am

First time here, appparently since 2008. The bus driver this time dropped us at the Samseong station stop, where the hotel is diagonally across the street. To avoid stairs with bags, walk using the crosswalks instead of through the subway station.

Nothing much has changed about the rooms, but the service has gone downhill bigtime. No one at the front desk (there is no concierge desk that I was able to find) can answer the most rudimentary questions correctly.

That's basic things like, "How much does a taxi cost to Gimpo airport?" or "Where is there a decent casual bulgogi restaurant around here?" Note the word "correctly:" if they don't know, they will still answer, and just make something up.

The elevators have been further pessimized so it is no larger possible to go from a room floor directly to the street or vice versa.

I'm only here one night but that will be plenty. Fortunately, there is nothing wrong here that replacing the GM couldn't fix.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
First time here, appparently since 2008. The bus driver this time dropped us at the Samseong station stop, where the hotel is diagonally across the street. To avoid stairs with bags, walk using the crosswalks instead of through the subway station.

Nothing much has changed about the rooms, but the service has gone downhill bigtime. No one at the front desk (there is no concierge desk that I was able to find) can answer the most rudimentary questions correctly.

That's basic things like, "How much does a taxi cost to Gimpo airport?" or "Where is there a decent casual bulgogi restaurant around here?" Note the word "correctly:" if they don't know, they will still answer, and just make something up.

The elevators have been further pessimized so it is no larger possible to go from a room floor directly to the street or vice versa.

I'm only here one night but that will be plenty. Fortunately, there is nothing wrong here that replacing the GM couldn't fix.
I like Cornerstone but that's about it with the PH Seoul.

My pet peeves there:
- snooty Gangnam attitude that "oh, we're here in the trendy Gangnam district and we can act this way if we want."
- ridiculously small spa with 3 treatment rooms. How can they get away with that in this age of mega spas.
- water pressure was another thing that annoyed me. The overhead one was too weak and the sprayer would get EVERYTHING wet if used.
- switching elevators gets old and fast too. Done it more times than I care to remember.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:33 pm

Well, I asked three different people what the cab fare to Gimpo at 6:30am on Saturday would be -- desk clerk, someone at the desk next to the front office clerks (who I assumed was concierge but no sign said so), and the guy in charge downstairs.

First one said W70,000. Second one said W40,000 but that road tolls might cause it to go up to W70,000. Third one seemed to firm on in W40,000 after dithering for a bit.

Actual fare was W26,000 and of course, there are no tolls to Gimpo, the tolls are on the road to Incheon.

This is complete nonsense coming from staff at an allegedly luxury hotel.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:44 pm

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Went there few days ago,

- No room access from ground floor, You will need to transfer elevator @ lobby (24th floor)
- Few minutes after midnight when I was trying to get back to my room I was asked to show my room key @ lobby.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Well, I asked three different people what the cab fare to Gimpo at 6:30am on Saturday would be -- desk clerk, someone at the desk next to the front office clerks (who I assumed was concierge but no sign said so), and the guy in charge downstairs.

First one said W70,000. Second one said W40,000 but that road tolls might cause it to go up to W70,000. Third one seemed to firm on in W40,000 after dithering for a bit.

Actual fare was W26,000 and of course, there are no tolls to Gimpo, the tolls are on the road to Incheon.

This is complete nonsense coming from staff at an allegedly luxury hotel.
Agreed. They're so lazy as they could have just used Daum or Naver maps and sent you along with a satisfied answer.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:00 pm

Has anyone had any luck recently redeeming points for a cash and points night? I've been calling every so often for the past month and nothing. They have nights available strictly on points, but I won't be able to use my DSU =( Trying to decide if I should just forget about C & P and just do the points for the 5 nights I'm there. I have enough points for both options, but I'm trying to put my DSU to use, but it is starting to look like I won't be able to.

Also, this is for February 2015, but the week before lunar new year so I am wondering if that has to do with the lack of C & P availability.

Has anyone had luck getting a free upgrade to a suite or a nicer room if you're diamond?

Thoughts anyone? Thanks.

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Aug 21, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ang2383
Has anyone had any luck recently redeeming points for a cash and points night? I've been calling every so often for the past month and nothing. They have nights available strictly on points, but I won't be able to use my DSU =( Trying to decide if I should just forget about C & P and just do the points for the 5 nights I'm there. I have enough points for both options, but I'm trying to put my DSU to use, but it is starting to look like I won't be able to.

Also, this is for February 2015, but the week before lunar new year so I am wondering if that has to do with the lack of C & P availability.

Has anyone had luck getting a free upgrade to a suite or a nicer room if you're diamond?

Thoughts anyone? Thanks.
The Hyatt Concierge should be able to help. Those dates should be pretty open as Seoul is pretty dead at that time at least for the first day of Seollal.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
The Hyatt Concierge should be able to help. Those dates should be pretty open as Seoul is pretty dead at that time at least for the first day of Seollal.
Thanks! I tried Hyatt Concierge with no luck. =( I tweeted them. I agree, I thought Seoul would be pretty dead at that time too and I am looking for P&C during weekdays.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ang2383
Thanks! I tried Hyatt Concierge with no luck. =( I tweeted them. I agree, I thought Seoul would be pretty dead at that time too and I am looking for P&C during weekdays.
Maybe you need to ask someone in management at PH Seoul then. Good luck!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Had the same issue in October - in the end just decided to go with points.

When I talked to the Hyatt Diamond line they mentioned this property rarely goes for C&P, though I'm not sure if that was just their personal experience booking it.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Originally Posted by MisterSelfish
Had the same issue in October - in the end just decided to go with points.

When I talked to the Hyatt Diamond line they mentioned this property rarely goes for C&P, though I'm not sure if that was just their personal experience booking it.
Hmm, I got a reservation with P&C this saturday.

Diamond reservation representative told me that it was only bookable with P&C and using suite upgrade certificate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.