Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2013, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
How long should I allow for getting back to ICN from the PH? I'm interested in the morning DMZ tour, which is supposed to get back at 2:30, but my flight out of ICN is at 5:30. Doable or not advisable?
I'd bring your bags to the USO and leave directly from there.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Hi all;

Does anyone know if there is a mandatory New Year's Eve dinner at this hotel?

Any opinions on whether NYE in Seoul would be fun?

I'm thinking of taking a couple of nights out of a 2 week trip to Vietnam to stop off in Seoul. It will be early January (or perhaps leave early enough to catch NYE there).
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by beachfan
Hi all;

Does anyone know if there is a mandatory New Year's Eve dinner at this hotel?

Any opinions on whether NYE in Seoul would be fun?

I'm thinking of taking a couple of nights out of a 2 week trip to Vietnam to stop off in Seoul. It will be early January (or perhaps leave early enough to catch NYE there).
NYE in Seoul was pretty dull. The PHT Seoul did have a great New Years brunch at Cornerstone. Best brunch I've ever had in Seoul and didn't break the bank either.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Good to know, thanks.

Maybe I'll do Seoul on my way back to Vietnam instead of on the way over. I bet Ho Chi Minh City was lively.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I'm thinking of staying here for 3 nights in September, it seems points + cash is the most cost effective way. The daily rate right now shows $370 a night, is this a pretty normal rate for the hotel?

15,000 a night = 0.246 cents/point
7,500 + $100 a night = 0.36 cents/point (roughly, this isn't taking into account any taxes/fees that might be applicable)
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:09 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, $370 is roughly the rate I am seeing for my next stay.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
I'm thinking of staying here for 3 nights in September, it seems points + cash is the most cost effective way. The daily rate right now shows $370 a night, is this a pretty normal rate for the hotel?

15,000 a night = 0.246 cents/point
7,500 + $100 a night = 0.36 cents/point (roughly, this isn't taking into account any taxes/fees that might be applicable)
Can you book this through the website or do you have to call? I am only seeing the 15,000 point option for the days I am looking at (end of May).
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One dislike for PHT Seoul. Their paper thin windows. I'm on the 16th floor but can still hear every Korean fart can ricer muffler out there. I can only imagine how bad it is on the single digit lower floors.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mojo2121
Can you book this through the website or do you have to call? I am only seeing the 15,000 point option for the days I am looking at (end of May).
You have to call to do points + cash, sorry for the late response
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
You have to call to do points + cash, sorry for the late response
Has anyone been able to get P&C at this hotel? I called and the CSR said they weren't doing P&Cs. I'm not sure if they meant for those days or they just weren't doing P&Cs at any time.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by unc0mm0n1
Has anyone been able to get P&C at this hotel? I called and the CSR said they weren't doing P&Cs. I'm not sure if they meant for those days or they just weren't doing P&Cs at any time.
I had inquired for a Sat night and was told nyet. The GH Seoul was offering but not the PH Seoul. Granted this isn't much data.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:23 pm

On the first day P&C was launched I was able to get two weekend nights in April. Applied suite upgrade as well.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
According to a Hyatt CSR last night, the PH Seoul didn't have any C+P availability between July and September.. not even one day.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
According to a Hyatt CSR last night, the PH Seoul didn't have any C+P availability between July and September.. not even one day.
I can believe that. I'm there right now and the lobby was packed with Chinese tourists coming and going.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
NYE in Seoul was pretty dull. The PHT Seoul did have a great New Years brunch at Cornerstone. Best brunch I've ever had in Seoul and didn't break the bank either.
Had a similar experience on NYE '13. It was OK but was seriously cold. Bring multiple jackets.

As a side note, I enjoyed my stay at PHS. Good staff, very professional. Rooms were very nice, great view, and helpful concierge. Location is just meh as a tourist but their subway system is so good that it didn't really matter. Still just behind my current fave hotel (Westin Chosun) but it is a nice property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.