Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
And the phenomenon of different price levels in different locations is perplexing to you?
You clearly took my initial comment too literally. I was mostly kvetching about the lack of decent bang-for-buck in the US hotel market more than anything else, though it is extremely hard for anywhere to beat Asia in that respect.

That being said, we're way off topic here.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Hyatt is making this a Category 5 hotel next year
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
Hyatt is making this a Category 5 hotel next year
I noticed. Simply absurd. The service has gone downhill and the rooms still the same as they were at opening.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:55 pm

Hard to comment about the service, but considering that PH rates are consistently 20% higher than the GH and the non-suite rooms are vastly superior, to me it makes sense that it is a different category.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:00 pm

Do you know if free breakfast included if will book a suite? I know some properties include free breakfast if you stay in suite.
Thank you
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I wish cash and points was available for my March 6-8 stay. Anyone have any idea how I can get the $321 daily rate down to a more healthy figure (can't find any codes). I'd welcome a PM.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
After calling for quite some time, it seems like points and cash opened up for my dates in early February! ^. Only a few more days before it's bumped to Cat. 5.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Aventine
I noticed. Simply absurd. The service has gone downhill and the rooms still the same as they were at opening.

I was completed a three night stay, service was flawless.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
I had rude front desk staffers, lazy front door bellmen and spa desk people who didn't care to make a booking for non-regulars. The Cornerstone staff were on the ball though.

How did you find the shower pressure in your room?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by beachfan
My experience was the same ... I'd even venture to say that it was the best service I've received at any Hyatt anywhere except for the Park Hyatt Maldives (although that's probably influenced by my preference for service that is attentive but not overbearing). I loved my recent stay.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sykes
My experience was the same ... I'd even venture to say that it was the best service I've received at any Hyatt anywhere except for the Park Hyatt Maldives (although that's probably influenced by my preference for service that is attentive but not overbearing). I loved my recent stay.

I see your Park Hyatt Seoul and raise you a Kyoto Hyatt Regency. Everyone's experience will vary I suppose.

On another note: recent posters posting about lack of C&P bookings seems to be true. Couldn't get my dates for the 24th around there. I could pull some strings but can't be bothered for this property.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Aventine
I had rude front desk staffers, lazy front door bellmen and spa desk people who didn't care to make a booking for non-regulars. The Cornerstone staff were on the ball though.

How did you find the shower pressure in your room?
I dont recall any issues and care about shower pressure. I didn't like the hard to access outlets by the bed or the doors separating the living room from the bedroom; let in light as well as sound.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
One night stay there last week. Used an award to book king room, pre upgraded to deluxe room which wasn't quite ready so further upgraded to suite (which is really more a of junior suite).

Service was very good, no issues that I experienced other than it took a while to have the diamond amenity sent up to me (choice of soju or juice, i chose soju).

Breakfast buffet was very good, only issue was that the space if a bit awkward as the buffet itself is laid out along a very thin aisle with lots of foot traffic going by.

I took the airport bus back to the airport from the city air terminal and the hotel pays for the five minute taxi ride to the bus.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooseman13

Service was very good, no issues that I experienced other than it took a while to have the diamond amenity sent up to me (choice of soju or juice, i chose soju).

Breakfast buffet was very good, only issue was that the space if a bit awkward as the buffet itself is laid out along a very thin aisle with lots of foot traffic going by.

I took the airport bus back to the airport from the city air terminal and the hotel pays for the five minute taxi ride to the bus.
I hope it was really good soju and not the green bottle stuff. I would expect wine for a Diamond amenity at least.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat 100, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, UA Silver, AA Gold
According to reports, the Welcome Amenity is bottle of Hwayo Soju. They make three types (15, 17 or 41 ABV). The Hyatt offers the 41 ABV variant.

It retails for 30 to 40 around the US, if you can find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.