Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MisterSelfish
Had the same issue in October - in the end just decided to go with points.

When I talked to the Hyatt Diamond line they mentioned this property rarely goes for C&P, though I'm not sure if that was just their personal experience booking it.
The Hyatt Concierge on Twitter has been good to me using C&P for various other Asian Hyatt properties including this one. How odd.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
The Hyatt Concierge on Twitter has been good to me using C&P for various other Asian Hyatt properties including this one. How odd.
Maybe you got lucky. I wasn't so lucky when I tweeted them, called the diamond line, and pm'd them here.

To update - I was finally able to get some C&P for the dates I wanted in Feb. after trying many many many times. So keep trying if you want a room and maybe you'll get lucky too!

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Sep 12, 2014 at 2:04 pm
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Booked a five-night stay here in April after the UA F mistake fare and they had C+P availability for all nights without any issues. So YMMV.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ang2383
Maybe you got lucky. I wasn't so lucky when I tweeted them, called the diamond line, and pm'd them here.

To update - I was finally able to get some C&P for the dates I wanted in Feb. after trying many many many times. So keep trying if you want a room and maybe you'll get lucky too!
Persistence pays off. I think it also depends on which agent you get on Twitter. AH is a favorite of mine.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, DL Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Just got done a 2 night C&P stay. Overall I was very pleased with the choice, while the hotel is located in the final district of Gangnam, there's a metro stop directly in front of the hotel that can take you pretty much anywhere within Seoul. The staff was attentive, facilities were nice, and diamond breakfast at Cornerstone was nice. My biggest complaint and it's be covered in this thread before, but having to change elevators every time we wanted to leave the hotel was a hassle. As we were on floor 7, we had to go up to 23(Spa), or 24(lobby) then back down to the ground floor.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:39 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There used to be one elevator that you could take directly from the room levels to the street but they eliminated that the last time I was there. I think it's a pain too.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:05 am

I'm booking for myself and 2 friends in late nov. Why does the website say rollaway beds are only for 12 and under?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Originally Posted by sedubby
I'm booking for myself and 2 friends in late nov. Why does the website say rollaway beds are only for 12 and under?
I think they can't put extra bed for King room(basic one)
I had to pay $30~50 (don't remember)
You might want to call PH Seoul or email

Leigh Shepheard
Director of Rooms
[email protected]

Good luck!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any good places near the hotel for breakfast?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Originally Posted by beachfan
Any good places near the hotel for breakfast?
No, since PH Seoul is located in the middle of business/financial district, I wasn't be able to find one.

There is 24/7 pork and rice soup restaurant nearby (~3 minute walk) though.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Review of October Stay

Stayed here with Mrs. Selfish for 4 nights on a combination of points + Chase Hyatt free night.

The first 2.5 were in a deluxe room, the last 1.5 (there was a late night ruckus) were in a Suite. We didn't dine at the restaurant other than for breakfast.

PROS
+ room quality, especially the bathroom
+ breakfast at Cornerstone
+ service
+ views from the room
+ Aesop brand amenities
+ right on top of the metro system

CONS
- elevator up and down is a little annoying (though you can get out at the 23rd floor instead).

Full review with pictures of a standard room, deluxe room, and suite if anyone is interested in more on the ol' blog.

tl;dr: this is an amazing tier 4 property. Why can't they have these stateside?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:44 am

late night airport transportation

I'll be arriving on a late flight into Seoul in January and was wondering if anyone had a sense of the price difference between a cab to the PH Seoul from ICN vs. the hotel limousine. It looks like, from scrolling through the posts in the thread, that a taxi will cost around 90k won? Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:50 am

tl;dr: this is an amazing tier 4 property. Why can't they have these stateside?
For obvious reasons. The price level in Seoul is much different than it is in the United States. Any Hyatt hotel of that quality in the US would have substantially higher rates and also have higher point redemption rates.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
For obvious reasons. The price level in Seoul is much different than it is in the United States. Any Hyatt hotel of that quality in the US would have substantially higher rates and also have higher point redemption rates.
I understand from talking with Hyatt agents that the rate is based on occupancy more than anything else.

Still, kind of strange that you can stay at the Andaz Napa, a category 6 for as little as $169 a night, while the PHS seems to average $400 a night. Similarly, while I like the Hyatt Carmel I wouldn't think it equal in value to the PHS even though both are $400.

Hotels in Asia just seem to be nicer in general, though that could more of an issue with infrastructure and expectations than anything else.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:45 pm

I understand from talking with Hyatt agents that the rate is based on occupancy more than anything else.

Still, kind of strange that you can stay at the Andaz Napa, a category 6 for as little as $169 a night, while the PHS seems to average $400 a night. Similarly, while I like the Hyatt Carmel I wouldn't think it equal in value to the PHS even though both are $400.
And the phenomenon of different price levels in different locations is perplexing to you?

Occupancy affects rate fluctuations, but many other factors determine the average rates properties are able to command.

Also, some properties might have high demand for award rooms regardless of the rates they charge, enabling them to charge more points per night. Similarly a property with high demand from business travelers might have high rates, but less demand for award rooms (mostly used for leisure stays).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.