Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:24 am

Hi All,

Will be first time visiting Seoul.

What is the best Suite Diamond Upgrade we can get with cash + points in Park Hyatt Seoul?

Does it worth to pay the $110 extra for the suite upgrade?

Do you recommend to stay at Park Hyatt Seoul? or the Grand Hyatt Seoul?

Thanks!!

Last edited by apple1122; Feb 28, 2016 at 4:25 am
Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi All,

Will be first time visiting Seoul.

What is the best Suite Diamond Upgrade we can get with cash + points in Park Hyatt Seoul?

Does it worth to pay the $150 extra for the suite upgrade?

Do you recommend to stay at Park Hyatt Seoul? or the Grand Hyatt Seoul?

Thanks!!
You won't get any suite using C+P alone but will also need DSU.
Book a standard room and apply the DSU if you have any of them. You'll get the Park suite. Food quality goes to PH. Service would be a wash.
Proximity to tourist destinations goes to GH since it's in central Seoul.

From a room hardware standpoint, PH Seoul is light years ahead of GH.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:19 am

Thanks! Yes we will be using the DSU certificate with C+P (sorry I was not being clear earlier)

Another question, if we just book the points stay (no DSU), what is the best upgrade we can get with Diamond status? Does it worth to spend the extra $110/night for the suite?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Aventine
You won't get any suite using C+P alone but will also need DSU.
Book a standard room and apply the DSU if you have any of them. You'll get the Park suite. Food quality goes to PH. Service would be a wash.
Proximity to tourist destinations goes to GH since it's in central Seoul.

From a room hardware standpoint, PH Seoul is light years ahead of GH.

Last edited by apple1122; Feb 28, 2016 at 4:24 am
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another question, if we just book the points stay (no DSU), what is the best upgrade we can get with Diamond status? Does it worth to spend the extra $110/night for the suite?

Thanks!
Park Deluxe King.

It depends on how long you'll be there, how much time you spend in the room and how much you value the extra living area space.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 5:07 am

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

Since PH Seoul is not too close by the tourist and cheap shopping area (Google map shows it is about 30+ min one way?). Does Seoul have a weekly metro/subway pass? If not, how cheap/expensive is the metro/subway system?

Originally Posted by Aventine
Park Deluxe King.

It depends on how long you'll be there, how much time you spend in the room and how much you value the extra living area space.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

Since PH Seoul is not too close by the tourist and cheap shopping area (Google map shows it is about 30+ min one way?). Does Seoul have a weekly metro/subway pass? If not, how cheap/expensive is the metro/subway system?
1200 Korean won one way. That's about 1USD.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
3 night stay on C&P w/DSU

Just completed my first stay at this Gangnam-GU located property in Seoul. In a word, WOW! Even though the hotel is older, and showing it's age a bit, service was 100% impeccable and ALL front line staff from the front car/taxi bellmen, front desk, cornerstone rest, room service, housekeeping, Mr. James Hong (Rooms Manager) + many other ppl I encountered during my stay. Now to the review:

Arrived into ICN in the early evening, PH-S had advanced me the list of the proper KAL Limo or CATH Limo for 16K-KRW to take from ICN. This made it so easy for me to get to the hotel, in the most cost effective and efficient, 1h10m, way. I took the CATH Bus, to the terminal stop, the one after the COEX stop. There are only 2 stops on this routing, and then take a 3 mins Deluxe Taxi ride to hotel, and PH-S will pay for the $5K-KRW cost of ride. Make sure to keep your bus receipt to get this minor cost covered. Conversely, the bus driver will give you a copy of the voucher if you tell them you are going to PH-S.

Check-in on the 22ndF(?I don't recall exact#) was perfect, and DIA was immediately recognized, all benefits thoroughly explained, and list was given to the benefits offered for DIA members. Breakfast in the Cornerstone Restaurant, as Aventine mentioned in an earlier post, an amazing spread with plenty of choices for even the most picky of eaters. Or you can just order in room service instead of dining at Cornerstone. I did and loved both. Nothing better than eating breakfast in room, then rolling back into bed for another 2h+@:-). Life is too short to run around so early. Plus the hotel is located in a place that has not the most lively atmosphere that early in morning on the week-end. Myeongdong is a 20 mins taxi ride away, or subway is 20-30 mins away, but Samseong Station Exit #2 is right in front of Hotel, and in full view from Cornerstone Rest.

DIA- Dinner lounge drinks downstairs consists of any cocktail, sparkling wine, Red or White wine, + assorted finger foods. I recall it was nuts, fried chicken nibblets, wasabi nuts. Free during the hours of 6-8pm. Not bad to get the evening started off right.

Room w/DSU was Park Suite King facing COEX, IC COEX, Hyundai Dept Store. Very nice.

DIA welcome was Bottle Red Wine, Fruits, and BOX of Chocos (Thank you James Hong again), 4pm checkout option.

Pool overlooking COEX IC COEX is amazing. Though swimming past the ppl in Lounge on the check-in floor is embarrassing for me, as I don't swim too well, and am not built like Michael Phelps. LOL~~ No need for trunks or anything, as all is supplied if you wish. Just don't grab a coconut water in gym, as it is not complimentary. $9 USD ^

Overall a fab stay, and I will definitely stay here again. Though I did find the GH Seoul (last year) to be better located, as it is north of the Han River closer to Myeongdong, Itawon and the Palaces, if that is your cup of tea. Service and professionalism, not even close IMO/E. PH-Seoul Staff hands down is my recommendation if anyone asks.

Final point of service, I broke my glass cup in washroom brushing my teeth, and called guest services to request a cleaning crew. First thing she asked on phone was I okay or hurt? ^ I was fine, and 2 ppl arrived with vacuum to clean all up, and refresh the bathroom completely in less than 10 mins. Excellent I must say^^:-::-:.

Hope I did not leave anything / anyone out. Can't wait to next trip as I already miss them. LOL~~

LFC

PS: Only 1 more RV coming, from PH DXB..
gourmand73 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:28 pm

Has anyone had any experience with an AMEX FHR reservation at this property?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
Has anyone had any experience with an AMEX FHR reservation at this property?
There's a big FHR thread IIRC in the AMEX credit card forum of FT. You might want to find that thread and search within it for the PH Seoul.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's a big FHR thread IIRC in the AMEX credit card forum of FT. You might want to find that thread and search within it for the PH Seoul.
I looked there first and didn't find anything.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Not much to add as we had a very short stay, but this is a lovely property. We stayed on points during a brief stopover in Seoul, and got a very nice, large room (non-suite) on the 23rd floor. Very comfortable after a long flight.

The 24 hour room service here is excellent -- we decided to have dinner in our room after a long delay getting to the city from the airport, and were very impressed by the quality of the food. I felt the prices were quite reasonable too, given the caliber of the hotel.

The breakfast buffet was very nice as well -- lots of thoughtful touches on the buffet.

Staff was universally very helpful. My only regret is that we only had one night to enjoy the property.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:12 pm

I took the limousine bus to the Park Hyatt Seoul and found the drop off point convenient enough, but I had a really difficult time finding the hotel itself- despite Google Maps telling me it was across the street. I didn't know "Cornerstone" was a restaurant in the hotel. The signage is extremely poor in this area and I had to spend more time than ideal out in the cold dragging bags back and forth.

Originally Posted by tfung
The hotel was very well hidden with no signage whatsoever on the outside.
Looks like that's been the case since 2005, though I'd consider it an annoyance, not a feature.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by aradisc
I took the limousine bus to the Park Hyatt Seoul and found the drop off point convenient enough, but I had a really difficult time finding the hotel itself- despite Google Maps telling me it was across the street. I didn't know "Cornerstone" was a restaurant in the hotel. The signage is extremely poor in this area and I had to spend more time than ideal out in the cold dragging bags back and forth.

Looks like that's been the case since 2005, though I'd consider it an annoyance, not a feature.
When the KAL airport limousine bus drops you off at the last stop terminal, the deluxe taxis will take you to the hotel directly, and the fare of 5000KRW will be taken care of by the bellhops on the main driveway. At least that was the case in Spring/Summer 2016 when I was there.

I agree, it is hard to find, if you are not knowing where to look. OT, it is a beautiful walk along Apuejong Road in the evening, and the subway right outside is incredibly convenient. :-:
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
The self-park is a small outdoor lot (15,000 KRW/night) which requires turning over your keys to the valet and presenting a ticket when exiting. Entrance and exit is located behind the hotel. I have a few precautions:

(1) when driving on Youngdong-daero S/B, take the furthest lane to the right which allows left turns. Otherwise, you might not be able to execute a right turn into the hotel block preceding the entrance to the lot due to unreasonable traffic conditions between 9:30-20:00. Making the turn here is crucial since the nearest u-turn is located .75 mile away past the bridge entering Songpa-dong;

(2) the lot is enclosed by narrow alleyways which requires precision driving.

Other hotels typically provide multilevel, subterranean garages which deploy parking gates which read and store license plate information for convenient in-out access.

Last edited by Finance_underling; Mar 16, 2017 at 7:51 am
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The construction around the hotel is ridiculous. Walking from the KE bus would be okay but taxis have to detour a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.