Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by scienm
It's same in Seoul. If you catch any taxis, don't tell them destinations, just get on board. They obliged to drive you, it's the law. I think near midnight is fine, but after 2AM, it's hard to see any taxis especially on Fri and Sat. For the other nights, you would be fine.
yea I will be there Sun-Wed so it shouldn't be too bad.
Old May 13, 2018, 2:56 am

Just checked into room for a three night stay on points. Room has a funny smell (like mildew I think) and the door to the toilet does not close all the way. Room is the smallest I have had in a park hyatt. Looks extremely worn with what looks like water stains on all. Saw them cleaning another room that looks in a similar state. I don't know if they have me a bad room or if all rooms are like this. Is is it possible to refund the points for the next two nights and move to grand hyatt? Or is this how seoul is in terms of hotel quality? Not sure what I should do. Concierge staff was good.

Last edited by Red259; May 13, 2018 at 3:23 am
Old May 13, 2018, 5:33 am

GH is not much better (if anything, worse) - I would just ask to be shown some different rooms and choose another one.
Old May 13, 2018, 5:49 am

Yea I'll give it till tomorrow and see if the smell is still lingering. Right now I'm a bit stuffed up cant smell anything.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Red259
Yea I'll give it till tomorrow and see if the smell is still lingering. Right now I'm a bit stuffed up cant smell anything.
Why would you wait an entire day to change a room that doesn't smell good? Change it right away and ask for an air purifier.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:01 pm

Completed a three day stay here. If I return to seoul I doubt I would stay at this property again. The concierge was solid but I just didn't feel like the rooms were up to the level of other park hyatts. For tourist activities the property is really far away so I would only stay here if I had business in gangnam, even though there is a metro right outside the hotel door. A few blocks away is an area with some restaurants, department store, etc, not a great area for nightlife, but does the job if you are just looking for a meal. Only stayed with hyatt because that is where I had the points and I didn't want to go out of pocket. I checked out Itaewon where the grand hyatt was located and its clear to me that I would have hated to be in that area which reminded me of Roppongi in Tokyo, so between the two I would still side with the park hyatt but next time I'll go with another chain.
Old May 22, 2018, 8:00 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Recently had a five night vacation stay here and was quite happy. Location wouldn't be ideal for a first time visitor but I quite liked it, no problem with taxis. Room smelt nice

No status with Hyatt but booked a Park Suite King - which was very comfortable. Used the hotel car from the airport which was a seemless experience. Breakfast was included in my rate - overall an enjoyable breakfast environment but unpleasantly crowded on the weekends.

Enjoyed the Timber House Bar/Lounge/Restaurant - however being a glutinous Westerner it took a lot of the little plates of foods to fill me up!

I like Seoul - but not enough to make it an annual type of destination - but will definitely lean towards the PH again in a few years when I return.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Samuel Dabinett, ex-PH Busan GM is the new GM for PH Seoul.

I didn't really have much interaction with him at PH Busan but seems okay. Easiest choice for ownership to shuffle him up from Busan.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:12 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
When not running a hotel Mr Dabinett enjoys indulging in his hobby as working as in house model for a mid tier Saville Row tailor.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:20 pm

I first met him when he was Director of Rooms at Park Hyatt Shanghai... one of Hyatt's best GMs!
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scented
I first met him when he was Director of Rooms at Park Hyatt Shanghai... one of Hyatt's best GMs!
Didn't do much to endear me at PH Busan. His predecessor is going to be a hard act to top!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Thought the location of this hotel was terrible compared to the Four Seasons. Next time I would stay at FS the entire time.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Thought the location of this hotel was terrible compared to the Four Seasons. Next time I would stay at FS the entire time.
FS is definitely much better for tourists and walking.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the new GM has phased out in-room breakfast for Globalists, honored guests and others. No menu card hanging in room and room service staff extremely hesitant to take my usual order.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Have there been any renovations or changes made at this hotel in the past few years? Last time I was there, it was 2016!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.