Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2024, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Wow, howd you lose 3 GOHs?

Youll earn 3 more if you get to 60 nights, which is a plus.
The other 2 are more of my fault, but I booked via Globalist line and THIS agent told me that I would get my GOH back booking through him and I trusted and booked. My guest cancelled and I called the Glob line and 2nd agent told me I can't get my GOH back to my account.... It was a few days after this new Milestone reward this started and I didn't have enough knowledge.

These guests don't travel much so I pretty much lost these GOH certs
Old May 1, 2024, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
The other 2 are more of my fault, but I booked via Globalist line and THIS agent told me that I would get my GOH back booking through him and I trusted and booked. My guest cancelled and I called the Glob line and 2nd agent told me I can't get my GOH back to my account.... It was a few days after this new Milestone reward this started and I didn't have enough knowledge.

These guests don't travel much so I pretty much lost these GOH certs
So you dont think theyll have 1 stay each by next February??
Old May 1, 2024, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the old days, I could book a room on my points, and call and have it moved to another person as GoH. Can I still do that?

I know I can send a GoH cert to the other person, but then they'd have to have their own points.

For example, if I want to book a room for my kids, I would do it the way I first mentioned. They don't have points in their accounts. I have all of the points. I know I could transfer the points, but that takes time and there are limits.
Old May 1, 2024, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
In the old days, I could book a room on my points, and call and have it moved to another person as GoH. Can I still do that?

I know I can send a GoH cert to the other person, but then they'd have to have their own points.

For example, if I want to book a room for my kids, I would do it the way I first mentioned. They don't have points in their accounts. I have all of the points. I know I could transfer the points, but that takes time and there are limits.
If you have depleted all your GOH certificates then you may book the old way under the legacy GOH benefit. This is ending I believe next year though.
josephstern likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by rundisney
Just FYI, Hyatt seems to be cracking down on gifting and/or trading. I am dealing with my account being inactivated for receiving a gifted GOH, and it was gifted by someone I know. Hyatt is claiming the award I received was stolen which we both know is not true. Hyatt is being very shady (they have not responded to my email in over a week) and from scouring the internet, it seems this is happening to several others as of the last month or so. The person who sent me my award has contacted Hyatt on my behalf and there is still radio silence from Hyatt. There's even a recent BBB complaint about a similar situation, though the person gifted the awards randomly (which I didn't think broke T&C as long as they received nothing in return but who knows). I am guessing Hyatt implemented some sort of new automated fraud detection but it's giving a lot of false positives. The worst part is Hyatt is being totally unreachable. No one from Hyatt via phone, live chat, or social media will give me any details given the "sensitive nature" and they all redirect me to the consumer affairs email. While I am fairly hopefully they will resolve this at some point, I am not hopeful they will resolve this in a timely manner at all. I have some upcoming stays next month on points, and I found one person that is going through this that had a stay on points while their account was inactivated and they were forced to pay the cash rate upon checkout. Well, I will be cancelling my stays before I shell out more cash to Hyatt. I actually bought points recently and am considering a chargeback if I get to the point where I don't think Hyatt will give me my account back, because what will I have to lose at that point. But even then I'm not sure I will have any proof as Hyatt will surely just claim I received a stolen award, and it will be their word against mine. Let's just say...I would be EXTREMELY cautious to send/receive any sort of award right now, even if you are within the T&C.
Just wanted to give a quick update to my saga. I missed the email from Hyatt (hilarious, considering how I was stalking my email for a week straight for news from Hyatt) but Hyatt did reactivate my account on April 29th. I initially contacted Consumer Affairs about being inactivated on April 14th and they have been extremely slow to respond. I think I got three separate responses of the same form response (with one or two things changed) claiming I received a stolen award / prohibited transfer, yada yada. Well finally on the 29th I received a response from an actual person at Hyatt (with their name) and they essentially said they reactivated my account as a courtesy and all of my points, awards, and reservations are unaffected. Looooooong sigh of relief.

I am way too paranoid to use the GOH and will just let it go. I'm afraid of getting flagged again by their seemingly new fraud algorithm. It took two full weeks to resolve this and that is way too long when you have an upcoming stay on the table, I'm just so thankful to have my points back and in time for my big trip this month. Hope this is a glimmer of hope for anyone else dealing with a similar issue as I know I'm not the only one. And just a warning to anyone gifting/receiving GOH especially, seems risky right now.
Old May 1, 2024, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
So you dont think theyll have 1 stay each by next February??
Most likely not unless I force them to stay. One of them is more of a Marriott person so not much into Hyatt.

Interestingly my guest got Globalist benefits but still has the GOH cert in his account.
Old May 1, 2024, 9:25 pm

Most likely not unless I force them to stay. One of them is more of a Marriott person so not much into Hyatt.

Interestingly my guest got Globalist benefits but still has the GOH cert in his account.
I mean they could just use it at a Hyatt Place or anywhere to get you the EQN. I feel like if you bank with Chase is very easy to stay with Hyatt due to points transferability and valuation.

Well, Id have your other friend book another stay sometime this year, pay with their card and stay if that works for them. I know I have a dozen people who would love a GOH certificate to use on cash stays, unfortunately Im all tapped out and can only do it the old fashioned way on points.
Old May 1, 2024, 11:30 pm

The guest reservation contained my cc number in the first place. 3 different Hyatt people I was saying were 2 Glob line phone agents and 1 standard phone customer service agent. T&C is too tiny for many non-frequent travelers or Hyatt users to understand. Also this information is not direct under Globalist GOH benefit section.
FWIW, I went on a trip with my mom recently. I booked her room. Transferred the reservation to her account. Transferred a GOH award to her. And paid for her stay at the end with my credit card. She got the three nights for the stay and her points posted to her account. And I got the "Guest of Honor Gifting Credit" giving me a night on my account.

I'd suggest following up to try to get the night credited. I had a different stay where the guest stayed on his own, used my goh award, and paid for his stay and I didn't get the credit. I followed up with my concierge and she got it figured out.

BTW, I'd suggest general skepticism of posts from Matt4200. He posts a lot and a lot of it is overconfident speculation. And when he's questioned he gets defensive so I don't plan to stick around for the aftermath of this one.
Old May 1, 2024, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by avogadro

BTW, I'd suggest general skepticism of posts from Matt4200. He posts a lot and a lot of it is overconfident speculation. And when he's questioned he gets defensive so I don't plan to stick around for the aftermath of this one.
So I posted my own experience, I posted Hyatts policy directly from the T&C and offered information. My stay was different from OPs and I provided context so of course it may not match up with OP.

To me if you quote the law to someone directly from the governments website and they question it I think its fair to want to defend the source of the information.

In OPs scenario it sounds like the GOH certificate was not correctly applied since the guest still has it in their account (based on my reading of OPs post). Its always better to be safe rather than sorry and to fully comply with Hyatts policies, especially in the wake of mass shutdowns and frozen accounts due to these new awards.
Old May 1, 2024, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by avogadro
FWIW, I went on a trip with my mom recently. I booked her room. Transferred the reservation to her account. Transferred a GOH award to her. And paid for her stay at the end with my credit card. She got the three nights for the stay and her points posted to her account. And I got the "Guest of Honor Gifting Credit" giving me a night on my account.

I'd suggest following up to try to get the night credited. I had a different stay where the guest stayed on his own, used my goh award, and paid for his stay and I didn't get the credit. I followed up with my concierge and she got it figured out.
Thank you so very much for your information!!
This is very helpful. I will emailed them regarding this issue.

In OPs scenario it sounds like the GOH certificate was not correctly applied since the guest still has it in their account (based on my reading of OPs post).
I was 200% for sure that it was applied correctly because I saw his app's reservation showing "GOH" logo on it.
So I was surprised that I didn't get an ENC and he still had the GOH.
Old May 2, 2024, 12:04 am

Thank you so very much for your information!!
This is very helpful. I will emailed them regarding this issue.

I was 200% for sure that it was applied correctly because I saw his app's reservation showing "GOH" logo on it.
So I was surprised that I didn't get an ENC and he still had the GOH.
I mean theres multiple datapoints about people using Suite awards getting the suite and it still being in their account. So it definitely happens and in 99.9% of cases I think people would consider it a happy accident or a bank error in your favor so to speak.
Markie likes this.

Last edited by Matt4200; May 2, 2024 at 12:15 am
Old May 3, 2024, 12:26 pm

Anyone had a stay where they earned two 2k HP awards prior and then stayed at a HP? Curious if both 2k bonuses pop on 1 stay or only one at a time somehow.
Old May 3, 2024, 7:57 pm

Hi all,
We booked using GOH cert for 2 nights points stay at a Hyatt Centric. During checkout, I was told that breakfast was covered but not the tips. As it's my first time booking via the GOH cert, I did not dispute on the spot. But later that day, I checked online for the ToC that all breakfast charge (incl tips and service charge) should have been covered by the hotel. I tried to reach out by email ([email protected] & [email protected] )/ private msg but did not receive any response. Is the GOH's benefit only covers breakfast but not tips?
PS: The tips were automatically added to the bill at 20% plus the tips' tax amount without us needing to add anything extra - we just signed the bill and add our room number each time the bill comes.
Old May 3, 2024, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mamak04
Hi all,
We booked using GOH cert for 2 nights points stay at a Hyatt Centric. During checkout, I was told that breakfast was covered but not the tips. As it's my first time booking via the GOH cert, I did not dispute on the spot. But later that day, I checked online for the ToC that all breakfast charge (incl tips and service charge) should have been covered by the hotel. I tried to reach out by email ([email protected] & [email protected] )/ private msg but did not receive any response. Is the GOH's benefit only covers breakfast but not tips?
PS: The tips were automatically added to the bill at 20% plus the tips' tax amount without us needing to add anything extra - we just signed the bill and add our room number each time the bill comes.
Ive always had all the charges removed whether I added a tip or not, whether its 18% or more. Sometimes a random amount shows up. I just message the hotel (while Im still there) that theres a charge and they promptly remove it.
Old May 3, 2024, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by mamak04
Hi all,
Its best practice to just write in Guest of Honor in the tip line

Originally Posted by SP03
Ive always had all the charges removed whether I added a tip or not, whether its 18% or more. Sometimes a random amount shows up. I just message the hotel (while Im still there) that theres a charge and they promptly remove it.
It happens to us maybe 1/4 of the time and usually only $1-2 over so no need to make a big deal or even contact the hotel about it. If its was over $5 then sure but under that we really dont mind it enough to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.