FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)
Old May 3, 2024, 9:04 pm
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mamak04
Hi all,
We booked using GOH cert for 2 nights points stay at a Hyatt Centric. During checkout, I was told that breakfast was covered but not the tips. As it's my first time booking via the GOH cert, I did not dispute on the spot. But later that day, I checked online for the ToC that all breakfast charge (incl tips and service charge) should have been covered by the hotel. I tried to reach out by email ([email protected] & [email protected] )/ private msg but did not receive any response. Is the GOH's benefit only covers breakfast but not tips?
PS: The tips were automatically added to the bill at 20% plus the tips' tax amount without us needing to add anything extra - we just signed the bill and add our room number each time the bill comes.
It’s best practice to just write in Guest of Honor in the tip line

Originally Posted by SP03
I’ve always had all the charges removed whether I added a tip or not, whether it’s 18% or more. Sometimes a random amount shows up. I just message the hotel (while I’m still there) that there’s a charge and they promptly remove it.
It happens to us maybe 1/4 of the time and usually only $1-2 over so no need to make a big deal or even contact the hotel about it. If it’s was over $5 then sure but under that we really don’t mind it enough to ask.