Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Hyatt Business Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Aside from the $50 credit x2 with Hyatt purchases, is there any reason to use the business card over the personal card?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Does purchasing gift cards at a HRC trigger the $50 credit?

And does that get base points?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Does purchasing gift cards at a HRC trigger the $50 credit?

And does that get base points?
As long as they run it through the same payment processor they run the normal charges, I would say it would work.

But unlikely to get any base points on Hyatt, I would say
Stgermainparis and IAD_flyer like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Aside from the $50 credit x2 with Hyatt purchases, is there any reason to use the business card over the personal card?
The status accelerator is better on the business card than the perosonal I believe. (5 nights for $10k instead of 2 nights for $5k).
lsquare and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Does this card have trip DELAY insurance?
I believe the answer is “no”.

Considering the AF is ~$100 higher, the $50 credits may not make a difference. Some of the differences between the 2 cards which might be reason(s) to favor biz over personal: biz doesn’t count toward 5/24, larger SUB, different bonus categories, redeemed point rebate, different TQN credits which might favor the biz card after $50k annual spend. Personally, it’s all about the SUBs and I plan to churn the 2 as often as it’s safe to do so and hopefully paying just 1 annual fee per different card account, maybe 2 AFs for the personal as the FNA cert more than covers the AF.

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
… No worries, it’s well documented that many people, probably particularly FT enthusiasts, meet a typical minimum spend within 1 day of approval, sometimes before the physical card is received, if not within an hour or two of card receipt.
Originally Posted by SHLTP
… How do you get the card number and get it ready to use? Do you call Chase and ask? I tried that once and the agent was unable to get the number…If I could get the number right away within minutes of approval, I'd use the card for online purchases immediately. This would be helpful for me to know. Thanks in advance for letting me know how to do
Sorry, I can’t offer much in that regard, I’m aware that it’s done but I’ve never done it myself. Many of my minimum spends are met with tax payments after card receipt. I do recall that for (some) AmEx instant approvals, the website will offer to show the card # and a temporary CSC. And I believe that upon request Chase might express deliver (perhaps only domestically) some cards after approval. Hopefully someone else will post more definitively regarding Chase.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jun 30, 2022 at 2:46 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone seen Hyatt offers or promos that apply to either the personal or business card only?

I'd consider getting the business card for the bonus and canceling the personal but I wouldn't want to miss out on any deals.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:30 pm

Considering the AF is ~$100 higher, the $50 credits may not make a difference. Some of the differences between the 2 cards which might be reason(s) to favor biz over personal: biz doesn’t count toward 5/24, larger SUB, different bonus categories, redeemed point rebate, different TQN credits which might favor the biz card after $50k annual spend. Personally, it’s all about the SUBs and I plan to churn the 2 as often as it’s safe to do so and hopefully paying just 1 annual fee per different card account, maybe 2 AFs for the personal as the FNA cert more than covers the AF.
I actually have both the personal and biz so was trying to determine if there was any benefit to using one over the other at Hyatt props. Right now we are on an all award trip at an HRC so won’t have any charges. Next stop, we will. Not much though. Just dining and bar. I think I will use the biz at one of the restaurants to make sure it posts for the $50 credit. And use it again at checkout for the second $50.

I’ve started pulling back from thinking I could churn with Chase. Got rejected on a few cards I actually wanted after canceling them, a few years before.
Dr Jabadski and Pocatello like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by josephstern
Has anyone seen Hyatt offers or promos that apply to either the personal or business card only?....
I’ve not experienced that specifically as I’ve rarely had open personal and biz cards (for the same program) at the same time. I have read many reports here of offers and/or promos applying to only one or the other although most of those reports do not specify if the person also has the other card. Personally I do not recall any offers on any of my Ink biz cards over the past 2-3 years or my UA or Hyatt biz cards over the past 6-9 months that they’ve been open. I have received several offers on various Chase personal cards.

… I’ve started pulling back from thinking I could churn with Chase. Got rejected on a few cards I actually wanted after canceling them, a few years before.
VERY interesting and significant, one of the few reports of Chase denying application(s) which might otherwise be approved. Thanks for sharing.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to share more information and details as to which cards, biz or personal, card usage, amount of time open, time until next application, overall history (# cards, usage, other accounts) with Chase, approximate credit scores, etc? Might not be relevant on this this thread, maybe the appropriate Applying for Chase biz or personal thread? It would be greatly appreciated by all those who actively pursue SUBs. Thank you.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jul 1, 2022 at 7:15 am Reason: avoid consecutive posts
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:27 pm

I’ve not experienced that specifically as I’ve rarely had open personal and biz cards (for the same program) at the same time. I have read many reports here of offers and/or promos applying to only one or the other although most of those reports do not specify if the person also has the other card. Personally I do not recall any offers on any of my Ink biz cards over the past 2-3 years or my UA or Hyatt biz cards over the past 6-9 months that they’ve been open. I have received several offers on various Chase personal cards.

VERY interesting and significant, one of the few reports of Chase denying application(s) which might otherwise be approved. Thanks for sharing.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to share more information and details as to which cards, biz or personal, card usage, amount of time open, time until next application, overall history (# cards, usage, other accounts) with Chase, approximate credit scores, etc? Might not be relevant on this this thread, maybe the appropriate Applying for Chase biz or personal thread? It would be greatly appreciated by all those who actively pursue SUBs. Thank you.
I’ve shared some of that but it’s been a while. Will try to do more after travels end in August.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 8:23 pm

different TQN credits which might favor the biz card after $50k annual spend.
Can you explain this?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:17 pm

… different TQN credits which might favor the biz card after $50k annual spend…
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Can you explain this?
It was discussed at length here and by multiple bloggers when the Hyatt biz card was introduced, suggest reviewing the early part of this thread for additional information.

Personal card: 5 World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night (TQN) within 8 weeks of your account open date and every calendar year after your first year 5 TQNs within 8 weeks of January 1.
and
Earn 2 TQN for every $5,000 in purchases

Business card: 5 TQN for every $10,000 in purchases each calendar year.

<$50K annual spend: Pers card more TQN than Biz
(example $45K: Pers 23 TQN, Biz 20 TQN)
$50K annual spend: Pers 25 TQN, Biz 25 TQN
$55K annual spend: Pers 27 TQN, Biz 25 TQN
$60K annual spend: Pers 29 TQN, Biz 30 TQN
$65K annual spend: Pers 31 TQN, Biz 30 TQN
$70K annual spend: Pers 33 TQN, Biz 35 TQN

(Kinda complicated, like the “catch up” charts and graphs for taking Social Security at 65 or 67 or 70, it’s challenging to figure out where the lines intersect and where you expect to be on those lines.)

I was obviously wrong with my “$50k annual spend”, should have been $60K or $70K annual spend. Think I had $50K on my mind as one of the other frequently discussed benefits of the biz card kicks in at $50K. (10% Bonus Point Redemption Bonus: … spend fifty thousand U.S. dollars ($50,000 USD) or more in Purchases on your World of Hyatt Business Card, you will receive ten percent (10%) Bonus Points back on up to a total of 200,000 World of Hyatt points you redeem for free night awards,…)
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:33 pm

I just had two 10% rebate bonuses posted today.

I went over $50K for the calendar year on a transaction that occurred on June 2nd and posted on June 5th.

The first stay was a two night stay starting on June 10th.

The second stay was a three night Guest of Honor stay starting on June 12th.

My statement date for those transactions was June 28th.

And the 10% refund bonuses were both posted to my World of Hyatt account on July 11th
FindAWay and tomtaylor23 like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by avogadro
I just had two 10% rebate bonuses posted today.

I went over $50K for the calendar year on a transaction that occurred on June 2nd and posted on June 5th.

The first stay was a two night stay starting on June 10th.

The second stay was a three night Guest of Honor stay starting on June 12th.

My statement date for those transactions was June 28th.

And the 10% refund bonuses were both posted to my World of Hyatt account on July 11th
How did it show up on your account? Was it itemized? I'm having a hell of a time tracking and have called Hyatt on it 4 times now. Glad you got yours without much headache.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Duckyfly
How did it show up on your account? Was it itemized? I'm having a hell of a time tracking and have called Hyatt on it 4 times now. Glad you got yours without much headache.
The bonus postings were quite mysterious. No explanation or connection to the stays.

FindAWay likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:43 pm

Thanks for sharing... I'll know what to look out for now .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.