Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Hyatt Business Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:22 pm

I hit the $50K 2022 threshold early in Jan with tax payments.
i redeemed points for a stay with checkout Jan 27
the 10% rebate posted on Jan 30
ps9a and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I just prepaid $7500 before buying anything and my account says the bonus was hit. Does prepaying before spending count towards hitting the threshold like this? My account says I've overpaid.

I have no problem prepaying card to get sign up bonuses and slowly use the card to buy things as needed. Sometimes I'm not sure if I have immediate spend needs so I hesitate on signing up for card.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:15 am
iwc

Originally Posted by Colin
I hit the $50K 2022 threshold early in Jan with tax payments.
i redeemed points for a stay with checkout Jan 27
the 10% rebate posted on Jan 30
Were you ever notified that you were qualified for the 10 % rebate and did your January statement contain the $50k in spending before your hyatt stay? In other words do we have to wait for the statement to drop to qualify? Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by iwc
Were you ever notified that you were qualified for the 10 % rebate and did your January statement contain the $50k in spending before your hyatt stay? In other words do we have to wait for the statement to drop to qualify? Thanks.
no notification.

my statement date was in between my hitting the $50K and my award stay checkout date.

i can't imagine Chase is out to screw people here. i'd be confident in a next-day checkout after the $50K posts the prior day.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by avogadro
Can anyone explain how the 2x accelerated earn mechanic is supposed to work? https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...celerated-earn

I waited until my january 22nd statement and I still don't see any summary of my Q4 2021 bonus spend nor any mention of the corresponding bonus points.
Bumping this. I still haven't seen my 2x points. Any ideas?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by avogadro
Bumping this. I still haven't seen my 2x points. Any ideas?
Same. Nada.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:58 pm

My late February statement included 2x points for Q4.

Odd that 4x Hyatt spend posts each statement but the 2x points take almost two months after the end of the quarter to resolve.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Any data points on how long it takes before the 10% rebate becomes active after statement close? Wondering if a week is enough time for it to hit my account (statement close 24th, checkout 4th); called Chase and they gave me the usual "1 to 2 months" disclaimer but it sounds like it probably won't take that long.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:58 pm
iwc

Originally Posted by jcarberry
Any data points on how long it takes before the 10% rebate becomes active after statement close? Wondering if a week is enough time for it to hit my account (statement close 24th, checkout 4th); called Chase and they gave me the usual "1 to 2 months" disclaimer but it sounds like it probably won't take that long.
I got an email telling of meeting 10 % requirement within days of statement with qualified spending dropping. Have not tested by consuming award stay since but have to believe it is in effect.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Has anyone utilized the "Discoverist Upgrade Awards" from the WOH business card to gift Discoverist status to an employee?

T&Cs say: "you, as the authorizing officer, will receive 5 Discoverist Upgrade Awards in your World of Hyatt account after your World of Hyatt Business Card account opening with which you will be able to gift Discoverist Status in the World of Hyatt program to 5 employees"
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...usive-benefits

But, I cannot determine where these Discoverist Upgrade Awards are located or how I could apply them.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:01 am
iwc

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Has anyone utilized the "Discoverist Upgrade Awards" from the WOH business card to gift Discoverist status to an employee?

T&Cs say: "you, as the authorizing officer, will receive 5 Discoverist Upgrade Awards in your World of Hyatt account after your World of Hyatt Business Card account opening with which you will be able to gift Discoverist Status in the World of Hyatt program to 5 employees"
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...usive-benefits

But, I cannot determine where these Discoverist Upgrade Awards are located or how I could apply them.
You need to call Hyatt to have the person added.
DaveH and FindAWay like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Originally Posted by SHLTP
It's not a great card but I just applied because I'm not convinced the bonus will go up, unless it means a much higher spend threshold to attain the points, like spend $15,000 for 100,000 points.

That's what Chase did with Ink. I didn't get the $95 annual fee one where it was something like spend $4000 to get 80,000 points. Now it's $15,000 for 100,000 points. Not as good though the bloggers keep touting it.

When I applied for Hyatt, I was denied. I called up and the agent told me to cancel the 2 no fee Inks. I did and was approved for the Hyatt card. I actually wasn't going to cancel the Inks. If I'm allowed, I'll cancel Hyatt in a year or two if they don't give better benefits and reapply for the Inks - I didn't realize one can get the sign up bonus every 24 months or so.

Basically, I sign up 2 to 4 business and personal cards and donate right away and hit the bonus. I've never churned cards before but the bonuses are attractive and I seem to be limited on number of business cards.

My big question is do I downgrade Reserve to Preferred and then cancel next year when I can reapply for bonusb
I’m curious why Chase would make you cancel your no fee Ink cards? Was it maybe just a matter of credit limit?

I just got both the 2 No fee Ink cards at the beginning of this year, and I was thinking of applying for the Hyatt Business card. Hearing your story makes me think I should apply for the personal card instead.
Old May 23, 2022, 3:13 pm

Hey everyone - I hit my $50k spend and have completed a few stays with points subsequent to hitting that spend. I don't seem to be receiving by 10% rebate - I've tried Hyatt and now Chase, with both pointing fingers at each other. If you've gotten your rebates, how is that showing up on the chase side? In statement? Somewhere online? How does it show up in your Hyatt account?

Thanks!
Old May 23, 2022, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Duckyfly
Hey everyone - I hit my $50k spend and have completed a few stays with points subsequent to hitting that spend. I don't seem to be receiving by 10% rebate - I've tried Hyatt and now Chase, with both pointing fingers at each other. If you've gotten your rebates, how is that showing up on the chase side? In statement? Somewhere online? How does it show up in your Hyatt account?

Thanks!
My understanding was that it would update your current Hyatt point balance and be itemized under 'Past Activity' in your Hyatt account.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sfflyer415
I’m curious why Chase would make you cancel your no fee Ink cards? Was it maybe just a matter of credit limit?

I just got both the 2 No fee Ink cards at the beginning of this year, and I was thinking of applying for the Hyatt Business card. Hearing your story makes me think I should apply for the personal card instead.
They told me credit limit on why they forced me to Inks. It's actually odd - I own several companies. For the Inks, I used 1 of my older and smaller companies and got insanely low credit limits. I just signed up for the more expensive Ink using one of my new companies and they gave me a proper credit limit.

I have gotten no use out of Chase business aside form bonus. I will cancel as soon as I can. I'll keep the higher end Ink and might cancel CSR and apply for CSP for the bonus next year - I just like the priority pass w CSR. I'm in Asia and some of the lounges really are worth the CSR annual fee especially when I can bring in 2 guests for free.

Get the Hyatt personal. It's a good, solid card with the free night paying for itself.

I just wish Hyatt would launch a luxury card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.