Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Hyatt Business Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2021, 8:20 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It's sort of like the "throw mud and see something stick" approach.
Source? Chase's strategy has historically been to be *overly aggressive*, not overly conservative, with new card offerings. Read through a few articles on this card's launch and would love to see where you're seeing this.

IMO, I think Chase has repeatedly demonstrated that it does not care about introducing competitive annual fee offerings, that's why it has so little. What competitive annual fee cards does Chase have in the market today? But let's see. Time will show what types of cards Chase will introduce in the future. When was the last time Chase introduced a competitive annual fee credit card or successfully revamped one of its annual fee cards?
Old Oct 6, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by WasKnown
SUB is bad considering the Ink cards effectively offer the same thing for $0 AF. Earning structure is laughable.
It may not be as good, but that doesn't make it bad. You can get both. So it needs to be evaluated on it's own merits, for better or worse.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JackE
It may not be as good, but that doesn't make it bad. You can get both. So it needs to be evaluated on it's own merits, for better or worse.
It is bad because it is not as good. Currently, you can be approved for and hit Ink subs repeatedly on one player (once per month, despite what terms say). So long as you can get approved for the Hyatt Biz sub, you can get approved for the CIU/CIC subs. The difference is that one sub is $0 AF and one sub is $200 AF (or $100 if you want to juggle the credits). I would open a second CIU before I opened a Hyatt biz if I was focused on SUBs.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:12 pm
Suspended

it's very good business card. I read all forum very very interesting discussion i like this
thanks
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
It is bad because it is not as good. Currently, you can be approved for and hit Ink subs repeatedly on one player (once per month, despite what terms say). So long as you can get approved for the Hyatt Biz sub, you can get approved for the CIU/CIC subs. The difference is that one sub is $0 AF and one sub is $200 AF (or $100 if you want to juggle the credits). I would open a second CIU before I opened a Hyatt biz if I was focused on SUBs.
I have to agree with you on this. I don't value the EQNs from the CC as much anymore since cash rates are so low. I also tend to travel abroad where rates are lower than in the US. Again, if the SUB is right and my gut feeling is that there will be a higher SUB offer in the future, I'll consider getting it just for the SUB. As a keeper, it's not a good value. Spending the way to Globalist doesn't make a lot of sense anyway. If one isn't staying at a hotel chain long enough, what's the point of status especially if it's going to cost 5-figures in spending to get there. Sadly, $50k won't even get to Globalist status.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: 111
The offer would be fair to individual cardholders with only a small change: the 10% rebate for the full calendar year for everyone who reaches $50K spending by end of the year (e.g., rebate to be deposited right after the hit).
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by zirtek
The offer would be fair to individual cardholders with only a small change: the 10% rebate for the full calendar year for everyone who reaches $50K spending by end of the year (e.g., rebate to be deposited right after the hit).
If this is correct and it’s capped at 20K, it still wouldn’t be good: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33623994-post18.html

$50K spend for 20K? No thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Ink subs are effectively the same and free.

Yes, but I would personally put no more than $65K spend on Hyatt total. With this spend you would get 25+5+6 EQNs, a cat 4 FNC, and a 10% rebate on all point redemptions.
I'd consider putting gas purchases on the Business card regardless (I think that this is the only case I can think of where the spend bonus for gas is quite so valuable). Ditto anything that qualifies under the "health/fitness club" category (this can cover a lot of stuff at, say, a golf club). But otherwise, I tend to concur.

Edit: I tend to presume this would generally be a "modest overshoot" (in my experience, it's impossible to "program" hitting a spend level exactly).
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:37 pm

Worth it to me for the sign up offer. After that will cancel.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by lsquare
I have to agree with you on this. I don't value the EQNs from the CC as much anymore since cash rates are so low. I also tend to travel abroad where rates are lower than in the US. Again, if the SUB is right and my gut feeling is that there will be a higher SUB offer in the future, I'll consider getting it just for the SUB. As a keeper, it's not a good value. Spending the way to Globalist doesn't make a lot of sense anyway. If one isn't staying at a hotel chain long enough, what's the point of status especially if it's going to cost 5-figures in spending to get there. Sadly, $50k won't even get to Globalist status.
Yes, but if your "base" stay count is somewhere close to 60, or even a little over it, then the extra 25 EQNs (say you get the 36 total) potentially helps put you over the edge for 3-4 of the 10k bonuses as well as indirectly getting you to the free night at 60. If it lines up so the Business card essentially covers two such bonuses, that's potentially 20k from those bonuses, 20k from the point rebate, and...oh, let's call it 60k from spend (assuming 40k unbonused and 10k bonused at 2x). 100k Hyatt points for $50k in CC spend isn't a bad deal.

[Don't get me wrong, the lack of a free night at any point on this card is regrettable.]
Colin likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Disappointed. I might sign up, get the bonus and then cancel. Been running the numbers, doesn't make sense to keep the card.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Man. This thing is really getting panned by everyone here and the blogs.

My guess is that this is aimed toward those small businesses that will only use a "business" card for their business, and who want to accrue Hyatt points and nights.

Sure, they should just use a personal card, but some small businesses don't really get that you can cross over like that.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 10:30 pm

I'll take the SUB once Chase stops mass accepting ink applications. Until then, this is just another bad Chase card.
Can you elaborate on this? You can apply for multiple inks using different EINs or something?
Old Oct 8, 2021, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Can you elaborate on this? You can apply for multiple inks using different EINs or something?
I think the point is that Ink cards aren’t subject to a 24-month wait.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by avogadro
If I were to get the business card on top of the personal card, it seems like the idea would be:
  • First $50K of the year on the business card so that I get the 10% point rebates for the rest of the year
  • Next $15K on the personal card to get the free night.
  • Switch back to the business card given the 5 nights per $10K spend and potentially higher points on the flexible categories for the 2x spend.

Does that sound right?
Right for some, wrong for others. Many business owners may want to segregate personal and business spending from an accounting point of view. There are savings to be had in being able to view business spending without wading through a lot of irrelevant personal spending.

For those who don't need or want to do that, CHyatt (Chase & Hyatt) may well offer different promotions during the year, which would be reasons to follow a different path.
Visconti likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.