Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2021, 7:15 am

Are all California hotels operating at reduced capacity/occupancy (ex 50%)? Just wondering if there was a hotel health mandate for California.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by globaltrotter
Are all California hotels operating at reduced capacity/occupancy (ex 50%)? Just wondering if there was a hotel health mandate for California.
No. But if the county is in purple stage, only essential workers can stay at a hotel.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted to avoid going OT here...

As of now there are no hotel restrictions that I know of...

Last edited by azepine00; Mar 2, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Old Mar 2, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
In essence, all people on FT are at least essential travelers. Some are even essential people. Wish the whole country could operate on such simple terms.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by zakami
No. But if the county is in purple stage, only essential workers can stay at a hotel.
This is not true. It was true during our regional stay at home order, referenced below.

Originally Posted by azepine00
Long answer

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CALIFORNIA'S REGIONAL STAY AT HOME ORDER
This hasn't applied for over a month. On Tuesday, Jan 26th this order was lifted. There is other guidance about travelers from out of the Bay Area (into which Monterey County was placed during the RSAHO) needing to quarantine, but hotels are currently open to tourists. Here's SF's press release from 5 weeks ago, if you're interested SF release
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ps9a
This is not true. It was true during our regional stay at home order, referenced below.

This hasn't applied for over a month. On Tuesday, Jan 26th this order was lifted. There is other guidance about travelers from out of the Bay Area (into which Monterey County was placed during the RSAHO) needing to quarantine, but hotels are currently open to tourists. Here's SF's press release from 5 weeks ago, if you're interested SF release
The rest of country hears about CA regional stay at home order and no tourist may check into hotels. But we don't hear about such orders being lifted and hotels open to tourist.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:24 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by CIT85
The rest of country hears about CA regional stay at home order and no tourist may check into hotels. But we don't hear about such orders being lifted and hotels open to tourist.
Which is why we have FlyerTalk!
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Now that the property has been reopened for a month... is the consensus still that 3 nights is sufficient here?

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Now that the property has been reopened for a month... is the consensus still that 3 nights is sufficient here?

-FlyerBeek
I say 2 nights is the sweet spot. (Unless you want to do a lot of off property activities and want to be in the area for multiple days)
FlyerBeek and silverm0623 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 9:47 am

Is Big Sur fun during the cold weather? Was looking at weather and looks like it can get down 31 degrees possibly next week.

Is it only outdoor dining for dinner? Seems like 31 degrees would be too cold to eat outside.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
Is Big Sur fun during the cold weather? Was looking at weather and looks like it can get down 31 degrees possibly next week.

Is it only outdoor dining for dinner? Seems like 31 degrees would be too cold to eat outside.
If you dress warmly and it is sunny out, it would be a great time to go hiking...less crowded! It might get down to 31 at night but should warm up during the day. Also, if you have a fireplace in your room and especially if you get a room with an outdoor hot tub, you can just hibernate and relax. I'm guessing all dining will still be outdoor next week. They have a lot of heaters but you will probably have to eat with a sweater or jacket on. The weather wouldn't scare me off, but if you are looking to sit out at the pool and don't like wearing a jacket all the time, might want to pick a different time to visit.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:49 am

Hello All - I have an award stay midweek in sept (30k/nt) for our anniversary. Was hoping to get a few more data points from recent travelers about included non alcoholic beverages. One of us does not drink. I understand that the "mocktails" are charged (usually) as are specialty green juices etc., but am more interested in hearing if you were charged for diet cokes, lemonade, orange juice or coffee with breakfast or sparkling water. Thank you!

We plan to do a fair amount of lounging but plan to go on a hike or two while we are there and spend one day at the beach/drive to the scenic bridge. Any other must dos? We are from N. California but I have not been to big sur since I was a kid. Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by boolean64
If you dress warmly and it is sunny out, it would be a great time to go hiking...less crowded! It might get down to 31 at night but should warm up during the day. Also, if you have a fireplace in your room and especially if you get a room with an outdoor hot tub, you can just hibernate and relax. I'm guessing all dining will still be outdoor next week. They have a lot of heaters but you will probably have to eat with a sweater or jacket on. The weather wouldn't scare me off, but if you are looking to sit out at the pool and don't like wearing a jacket all the time, might want to pick a different time to visit.
+1. They also have blankets to use during dining.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
It depends on when you arrive and depart. 2 nights is sufficient if you arrive by mid afternoon to get you some time to enjoy the property on day 1.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:17 pm

Is 4 nights too long? Is there enough different hiking parks in the area or does the highway closure effect access to a lot of places?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.