Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by Troopers
You can eat off property
Or stay off property too! One good option would be to just pay the cash rate, check in, then leave.
platbrownguy and Kacee like this.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 10:28 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Kacee
Sure. Or bring freeze dried meals and a backpacking stove. Or fast.
Or cook at home and bring it in Tupperware to the restaurant. You'll have to ask what the platage fee is.

For extra credit, cook Flannery steak at home and bring it to the restaurant. For extra extra credit bring enough to share.
platbrownguy and Kacee like this.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 10:51 am

Based on the whining (what FT does best), I hope the resort reverts back. I'd happily pay 30k/night, and pay out of pocket for food onsite and offsite. This should open up more dates.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 11:08 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Does anyone know if the short ribs are from Flannery ? While not a steak, the ones I've had have been pretty tasty,
Old Feb 19, 2021, 11:15 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Troopers
Based on the whining (what FT does best), I hope the resort reverts back.
True, the finest whines are served to readers here. If you prefer to bring your own whine we will charge you to uncork it.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gobears293
Totally separate issue, I have a points reservation booked for March 18-21. Received an email from the property today informing that they are conducting unexpected electrical work from March 15 to the afternoon of March 19. "This means we will not be able to honor your reservation". Supposedly someone from reservations will be contacting me within 48 hours to rebook. Hoping they honor the points redemption with no issue!

Anyone else with a stay over these dates receive a similar email?
While I love the food conversation, going to provide an update on my situation just for awareness, if anyone else has the same issue.

Ventana did call this morning and rebooked me with no issue, at the same standard points rate on my original reservation (even though there was only premium room awards available). Just moved it forward one weekend, and no longer conflicts with whatever electrical work they'll be conducting. Excellent customer service and good communication.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:35 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gobears293
While I love the food conversation, going to provide an update on my situation just for awareness, if anyone else has the same issue.

Ventana did call this morning and rebooked me with no issue, at the same standard points rate on my original reservation (even though there was only premium room awards available). Just moved it forward one weekend, and no longer conflicts with whatever electrical work they'll be conducting. Excellent customer service and good communication.
Good to hear they were proactive and accommodating !
Old Feb 19, 2021, 11:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Maybe I just missed it before, but I believe the website only had all inclusive menus as of last week. I just noticed they now have a la carte menus on the website as well; same menus, as you might guess, just with most of them having pricing.

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/menus/

Also curious, has anyone who's stayed since they reopened mentioned that to staff that the Alila website says the picnic program is still all-inclusive once per stay, and the Hyatt website also lists it as an included amenity (without specifying limits?) It seems ridiculous that they list it as an included amenity on both websites, yet reports here seem to indicate it's charged at $100.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...r-resort/sjcal
https://www.alilahotels.com/ventana/facilities
Skink likes this.

Last edited by Lomic; Feb 19, 2021 at 11:28 pm Reason: Adding website links.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Lomic
Maybe I just missed it before, but I believe the website only had all inclusive menus as of last week. I just noticed they now have a la carte menus on the website as well; same menus, as you might guess, just with most of them having pricing.

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/menus/

Also curious, has anyone who's stayed since they reopened mentioned that to staff that the Alila website says the picnic program is still all-inclusive once per stay, and the Hyatt website also lists it as an included amenity (without specifying limits?) It seems ridiculous that they list it as an included amenity on both websites, yet reports here seem to indicate it's charged at $100.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...r-resort/sjcal
https://www.alilahotels.com/ventana/facilities
Nah, I didn't bother. I had the picnic lunch (included) last fall and it was our least favorite meal. We enjoyed the environment of the meal both at the redwood cathedral and the viewpoint without food just fine this time around. We were happy to have the room service or pool menus instead.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Here now. A point of clarification: If you are going for a hike on your own you can request a picnic lunch and they will prepare it for you at no cost (except for the last day) just like last summer when we were here. The $100 picnic lunch is charged when you have this as part of a on property guided excursion. Our lunch today was pretty much the same as last year; a very nice sandwich, gourmet trail mix. a couple bottles of water and some fresh fruit.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Here now. A point of clarification: If you are going for a hike on your own you can request a picnic lunch and they will prepare it for you at no cost (except for the last day) just like last summer when we were here. The $100 picnic lunch is charged when you have this as part of a on property guided excursion. Our lunch today was pretty much the same as last year; a very nice sandwich, gourmet trail mix. a couple bottles of water and some fresh fruit.
I think I’m just far too poor for this property.

Paying $100 (on top, I assume, of the guided excursion fee) for a sandwich (even if it’s a very nice one), trail mix (even if it’s gourmet), some water and fresh fruit seems.... outrageous? I’m also assuming this is per person.

I hope I’m just making too many assumptions here.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I think I’m just far too poor for this property.

Paying $100 (on top, I assume, of the guided excursion fee) for a sandwich (even if it’s a very nice one), trail mix (even if it’s gourmet), some water and fresh fruit seems.... outrageous? I’m also assuming this is per person.

I hope I’m just making too many assumptions here.
You're not the target clientele. This property is for the techie startup from bay area or hollywood celebs.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
There were no charges for our lunches.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:18 pm

Wait, so is lunch available on the day of arrival if you arrive early enough and able to check in ?
Old Feb 24, 2021, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by myperks
Wait, so is lunch available on the day of arrival if you arrive early enough and able to check in ?
Not for us, but we tried and we were not able to check in until about 3:00pm.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.