Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by estnet
Have you seen the pictures???? I don't know what part of the road you're hoping they'll open but I don't think the major damage will be repaired any time soon (just my guess looking at the location of the washout )
Got my wish. Now a lot more hikes on the agenda.

https://www.ksby.com/news/local-news...undaries-moved

And this about the closure and other Big Sur Coast Information. This is a good Ventana stay planning resource.

https://www.bigsurcalifornia.org/hig...onditions.html
nsx, ralphs and nmoe like this.

Last edited by 236Dakota; Feb 1, 2021 at 8:31 pm Reason: added another link
Old Feb 4, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Is anyone staying this weekend? I have a res next weekend and would be interested in hearing peoples' experiences post this reopening.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 2:21 pm

New menus are up for the reopening.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Anyone know if pools or hot tubs will open?
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Does anyone know if the pet fee has been changed? I looked at a previous bill and saw a $75 fee, but the website currently quotes $150.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 4:03 pm

The picnic looks like it’s no longer included. It’s a Benjamin now.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
"The Ventana Big Sur picnic program" is listed among the included inclusive offerings when making a booking.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Skink
"The Ventana Big Sur picnic program" is listed among the included inclusive offerings when making a booking.
the new welcome email states otherwise. The online menu under all inclusive also states the charge (before it didn’t)
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
Wow. There is no way in which that's worth it. The food was nothing special. The location in the forest grove where they do the smores...well you can do the smores, and see the trees for free during the day. The ocean view was OK, but again, you can walk out to the statue for free. I didn't think it was all that private or all that special.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by boolean64
Wow. There is no way in which that's worth it. The food was nothing special. The location in the forest grove where they do the smores...well you can do the smores, and see the trees for free during the day. The ocean view was OK, but again, you can walk out to the statue for free. I didn't think it was all that private or all that special.
agreed. I did it last year at ocean view and nothing too special. Maybe first time it’s alright.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I think the disconnect regarding the picnic program is that it's included, but only once per stay. So if you're staying 4 nights and want to do the picnic twice, it's included the first time, but you'll have to pay $100 the second time.

Menus look pretty similar. The steak has been replaced with a short rib, I notice. I like short rib, but I'd heard the steak was quite good. We're going for the first time in April... not sure how often the new chef may switch up the menu.

Edit: This page has the "included once per stay" detail on the picnic program. Hyatt's website does not include the same note. https://www.alilahotels.com/ventana/facilities
Skink and Soccerjoshj07 like this.

Last edited by Lomic; Feb 4, 2021 at 5:30 pm Reason: More detail.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 6:07 pm

I don't know if that's true anymore. I received an email an hour ago today from the concierge that states that the picnic kits are $100.

As your Leisure Concierge, we would love to assist with your stay, whether you need dinner reservations, hope to take advantage of an exhilarating activity, want advice on the perfect spot for a picnic, or all of the above. Our personal preference menu may be found here; please complete and return it at your convenience, as it will help us provide an experience that exceeds your expectations.

Dining Options

The Sur House restaurant is available for breakfast (7-11 a.m.) and dinner (5:00-9:00 p.m.). We highly recommend making reservations ahead of time, as seating is limited. All menus can be found here. www.ventanabigsur.com/menus

Food and beverage service is also available at both of our pools from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. In-suite dining is an option during all meal periods as well.

We offer a picnic lunch program as well with two seating locations:

· Our Redwood Cathedral seating (dining in the redwood forest) is available at 11:30AM and 2PM

· Our Sur Vista seating (overlooking the Pacific Ocean) is available at 12PM and 2:30PM

Our Picnic Kits are $100 and will include a meal for two. Please let us know if this is something that would interest you so we may check availability as well as confirm your lunch selections.

Signature Experiences

Our daily Signature Experiences are included with your stay - no reservations are required:
  • Tai Chi (Friday – Sunday 8AM)
  • Yoga (Monday & Wednesday 7AM, Tuesday 8AM)
  • Property Hike (10AM)
  • Sunset Hour (3PM-5PM. Some beverages may be an additional cost)
  • Fireside Chat at Social House (5PM Friday - Sunday)
  • S'mores Experience (8-10PM)
Alila Experiences

Alila Experiences are available for a separate fee and require reservations—they will make your escape even more extraordinary. We’re happy to help you decide and reserve your space! You can see full descriptions here. (Please note all Alila reservations require a 48-hour cancelation notice)
  • Falconry: $200 per person (90 minutes, 9 a.m. or 3:00 p.m.)
  • Star Bathing: $150 per person (8-10 p.m )
  • Private Hikes: Ranging from $125 per person
  • Private yoga/meditation: $300 for 60 minutes per couple
  • Couples Astrology Reading: $350 for 90 minutes per couple
  • Bike Big Sur: $250 per person
  • Social Afternoon Tea: $80 per person (Wednesday, Friday, Sunday)
  • The Cheese Journey: $110 per person (Thursday & Saturday)

Current Closures

We did want to advise that due to the California and Monterey county health guidelines, our fitness center is currently closed until further notice.

We do have two stationary bikes located on the outdoor deck of our fitness center that are first come first served.

HIGHWAY ONE CLOSURE: For the most up to date information please refer to this link as we are under CalTrans District 5. https://dot.ca.gov/caltrans-near-me/district-5

Driving Directions:

From the North:

Take Highway 101 south to Highway 156 in Prunedale.

Take Highway 156 west to Highway 1 in Monterey.

Follow Highway 1 south thru Monterey and Carmel.

Ventana is located 28 miles south of Carmel on the left side of Highway 1.

From the South:

Take Highway 101 North to Monterey.

Keep left onto Abbott/Spreckels.

Turn left onto Harris RD.

Merge left to Highway 68 West.

Keep right to merge on Highway 1 South.

Ventana is located 28 miles south of Carmel on the left side of Highway 1.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions and if you would like to confirm any dining or activity reservations at this time.

We look forward to your reply!

Warm Regards
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 9:27 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by ralphs
I don't know if that's true anymore. I received an email an hour ago today from the concierge that states that the picnic kits are $100.
They didn’t list the pool, hot tub, or Japanese baths as closed so hopefully those are still open!
Old Feb 4, 2021, 9:49 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Cometstar
They didn’t list the pool, hot tub, or Japanese baths as closed so hopefully those are still open!
Of those three only the pool was open last September. Both pools were open. Social distancing is too difficult in the hot tub and Japanese bath.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ralphs
Is anyone staying this weekend? I have a res next weekend and would be interested in hearing peoples' experiences post this reopening.
I’ll be there for opening day tomorrow, happy to report back.
ralphs and vxa2801 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.