Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:35 pm

The food menu is completely changed from before the shutdown, most of the premium options are going to be cut and I've heard they will start strictly enforcing the all-inclusive ordering limits.

Also they've had tons of service struggles opening up last year, and I hear that a decent % of their staff isn't returning so I expect to see the service issues continue for a few months while they get back into a rhythm.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Cometstar
They didn’t list the pool, hot tub, or Japanese baths as closed so hopefully those are still open!
Originally Posted by nsx
Of those three only the pool was open last September. Both pools were open. Social distancing is too difficult in the hot tub and Japanese bath.
I’d be surprised if hot tub or the Japanese baths will be open at reopening, although the Japanese bath appears to have three partitioned areas that can be managed with say 45 minute reserved slot times.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Gberg
I’ll be there for opening day tomorrow, happy to report back.
Would appreciate any feedback to manage expectations, especially wrt to what's included and what's not.

Enjoy the stay! Plan to check-in next week on Tuesday and stay for 3 nights.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I noticed a new option at $80 a night for a Ventana campground. Does anyone have a guess as to whether this would count as an elite qualifying night?
Old Feb 5, 2021, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by stvr
I noticed a new option at $80 a night for a Ventana campground. Does anyone have a guess as to whether this would count as an elite qualifying night?
can you book it at Hyatt.com? not sure if that's dispositive, just one relevant data point.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stvr

Just book a night a few weeks out so you can cancel for free. Then check the booking confirmation to see if it’s eligible. I would guess it is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepoin...r-camping/amp/
Old Feb 5, 2021, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Gberg
I’ll be there for opening day tomorrow, happy to report back.
Quick update - New menus (others have noted as well), infinity hot tub (the one closest to the main pool) is open for 4 people, Japanese baths are open for 3 groups of 2 at a time. Didn’t check re picnic. Prosecco served at check-in and a paid happy hour available at Big Sur House. Gorgeous weekend here and almost booked full.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Spa open for massages. Fitness center closed, but a couple of stationary bikes placed on its little outdoor patio. Building on others’ comments: both pools open. Don’t believe reservations are employed for the “Japanese” hot tubs—appears first come first served. Weather this weekend? Spectacular!!!
Cometstar likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 7:48 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Spa open for massages. Fitness center closed, but a couple of stationary bikes placed on its little outdoor patio. Building on others’ comments: both pools open. Don’t believe reservations are employed for the “Japanese” hot tubs—appears first come first served. Weather this weekend? Spectacular!!!
how do the meals work? Seems like for dinner menu you get one each of each course. How does breakfast, poolside and in room dining/late night work?
Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:36 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Correct. For dinner, it’s a 3 course meal. For breakfast and poolside lunch, the portions are small-medium in size—I don’t know if there’s an official policy on the number of items that can be ordered, but a couple per person I assume would be fine. We did 3 items for the 2 of us without fuss for breakfast and lunch (plus a couple of desserts). Through the course of the day, you won’t go hungry.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 4:27 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond
Is alcohol included in the all inclusive deal?
Old Feb 7, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DltaSchmlta
Is alcohol included in the all inclusive deal?
Alcohol is not included.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by macmedic
Alcohol is not included.
It sounds a little more like “full board” rather than “all inclusive”. It looks like it’s just breakfast / lunch / dinner included and anything beyond that you pay yourself?
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by coleslaw
It sounds a little more like “full board” rather than “all inclusive”. It looks like it’s just breakfast / lunch / dinner included and anything beyond that you pay yourself?
If we define "all inclusive" as including cheap alcohol, like the Zivas, for example, then it's not that. But it's more than just three meals a day - you could have lunch and then a late afternoon meal poolside, for example, or order a second dinner through room service after dining in the restaurant.

Regardless, for 30K points it's an amazing redemption.
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Weather this weekend? Spectacular!!!
Climate change in action!
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by macmedic
Alcohol is not included.
Mixed non-alcoholics drinks, specialty bottled non-alcoholics, and mocktails are also (typically) NOT included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.