Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:56 pm

Closed through Feb 5th.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Realistically I would expect not until March with the way things are going in California.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any indication of when (or if) this property would go back to being room only for award stays?

I'd assume it's all conjecture at this point but I'd be interested to hear people's views.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Closed through Feb 5th.
Originally Posted by stvr
Realistically I would expect not until March with the way things are going in California.
i say February is out. March is hopeful but April is probably more realistic.

For those that have reservations in Jan/Feb, the current rebate promo will make it more "expensive" (point-wise) to stay later on in the year unless the promo is extended again.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by myperks
i say February is out. March is hopeful but April is probably more realistic.

For those that have reservations in Jan/Feb, the current rebate promo will make it more "expensive" (point-wise) to stay later on in the year unless the promo is extended again.
That would be me; late February. Haven't heard anything yet.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I don't see them reopening until California allows outdoor dining. That's not likely to be February.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't see them reopening until California allows outdoor dining.
Perhaps not in the Bay Area or LA County, but outdoor dining is certainly allowed (even indoor dining selectively offered) in many counties, and most definitely Orange and the desert parts of Riverside counties.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
When we were there in August all the meals were delivered to the rooms; primarily due of the abundance of yellow jackets. Hopefully they'll open and do the same due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
When we were there in August all the meals were delivered to the rooms; primarily due of the abundance of yellow jackets. Hopefully they'll open and do the same due to COVID-19 restrictions.
The hospitals are overwhelmed and ICU's have no or almost no beds both in N and S Calif. Talks are being held about rationing care (there's a shortage of oxygen in S Ca). There are so many bodies that measure like the ones in NY are being used to store them.
Most if not all N Ca is under a stay at home order (I don't think hotels - at least most of them - are considered essential services) - people are supposed to quarantine for 10 days when arriving from more than 150 miles away (but not being enforced in any way I can see).
Given all that I doubt dining or most hotels are likely to resume any kind of normal services any time soon
Old Jan 10, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
Perhaps not in the Bay Area or LA County, but outdoor dining is certainly allowed (even indoor dining selectively offered) in many counties, and most definitely Orange and the desert parts of Riverside counties.
just because restaurants in Orange County are serving indoors doesn’t mean it’s allowed, they are simply not following the state orders and are not being enforced...
Old Jan 10, 2021, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
just because restaurants in Orange County are serving indoors doesn’t mean it’s allowed, they are simply not following the state orders and are not being enforced...
If Orange and Riverside County sheriffs or local police are not enforcing those edicts, then dining is indeed allowed in those counties.
platbrownguy likes this.

Last edited by SFO777; Jan 10, 2021 at 2:46 pm
Old Jan 10, 2021, 3:00 pm

Has anyone been offered moving of reservations to something out into the future (for cancelled stays due to ceased operation) when there is no award availability on hyatt for new dates? Can the property move the dates without going through WOH customer service?
Old Jan 10, 2021, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If Orange and Riverside County sheriffs or local police are not enforcing those edicts, then dining is indeed allowed in those counties.
The absence of enforcement by defiant local law enforcement does not render the conduct lawful. I personally don't support the ban on outdoor dining, but I'm not going to pretend it doesn't exist.

In any event, indoor and outdoor dining are banned in Monterey County, in line with the statewide order. So your commentary is OT as well as seriously misinformed.
estnet, steveholt and ralphs like this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
The absence of enforcement by defiant local law enforcement does not render the conduct lawful. I personally don't support the ban on outdoor dining, but I'm not going to pretend it doesn't exist.

In any event, indoor and outdoor dining are banned in Monterey County, in line with the statewide order. So your commentary is OT as well as seriously misinformed.
Whether it's informed or not is a matter of debate better left elsewhere: does state and local non-enforcement of federal marijuana laws render marijuana use lawful in states that "allow" it?

That aside, whether the county in which this property sits allows dining is certainly on-topic where the answer to that question impacts the likelihood of this property's permitting onsite dining.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:25 pm

Feb 5th is looking likely with Newsom's lifting of statewide stay-at-home orders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.