Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by herokitty
I'm not able to find any award availability for September. What dates are people booking award rooms?
Youre a little late, once they announced all inclusive most award inventory got booked, try looking for 2021.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by herokitty
I'm not able to find any award availability for September. What dates are people booking award rooms?
Check often. Some ppl booked speculatively and will cancel. Last night, I found a std room for October weekend.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
We are checking in in a week for 3 nights and will report back on our post-COVID experience.
CLEguy, invalyd and ABQ2ATL like this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 9:28 am

Just booked for Aug. 2-5, standard room award. I'm quite sure these dates were not available yesterday, so it helps to check often. Fingers crossed that it successfully opens (and remains open).
invalyd likes this.

Last edited by ABQ2ATL; Jul 10, 2020 at 9:35 am
Old Jul 10, 2020, 9:40 am

Also curious about upcoming trip reports, I am booked for 3 nights end of July.

The ongoing hyatt promos combined with all-inclusive make this property quite the deal for a points redemption.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 10:49 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by ABQ2ATL
Fingers crossed that it successfully opens (and remains open).
So far so good. Yesterday's instagram post from the hotel says they open July 15.

invalyd likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 10:15 pm

Some more info on what to expect after reopening.

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/health-faqs

From the moment you arrive on our 160 acres, you’ll notice enhanced exclusivity and privacy, paired with the spectacular surroundings and service you’ve come to expect. Rest assured, our big old gracious smiles are still under those masks—which we are wearing for your protection..

All of our team members have completed rigorous health and safety training, and we’ve reimagined the entire Ventana guest journey with subtle yet substantive “touches” that allow you to avoid unnecessary contact. For instance, while we are always happy to valet your car, this service is now optional; guests who prefer to park their own vehicle will be guided to a dedicated stall in our new lot. Guest check-in and orientation is now completed in our spacious Social House area on a tablet that is sanitized before each use. Our new welcome kit features a mask and hand sanitizer in addition to the items we usually provide. And we are pleased to introduce Zingle, a new guest-request system that utilizes your smartphone to provide a seamless, safe experience.

These enhancements extend throughout your time with us: Outdoor spaces have been optimized for privacy and seclusion, offering a myriad of opportunities to relax and enjoy the ocean breeze. The Sur House now features fewer tables and increased exclusivity. During breakfast and dinner, the restaurant is reserved for Ventana guests only
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
edit: Has anyone stayed in both the standard room and the Big Sur Suite? Would love to hear your comparisons.

Last edited by ralphs; Jul 11, 2020 at 1:26 am
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:31 pm

Booked 3 nights last night. Dates showed award space, but did not list points. Booked it, then checked account and it says "Category ego" for category, and it took 48k points a night. At booking, the webpage and confirmation email do not list the points required. Did not realize it was 48k. Cancelling that. It appeared to be specific the mobile app. Rebooked on desktop for different dates and points were clear. On the app for the suite award it explicitly hid the points. Strange.

Last edited by antonius66; Jul 11, 2020 at 4:41 pm
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:41 am

We're booked for opening night - I heard back from the property and they said Sur House restaurant is open and full menu being served the only difference is outside seating only. I checked and there's heat lamps for those chilly evenings So breakfast and dinner there... the pools are open and outdoor seating for lunch there. Or of course you can take in room dining anytime too.

Will report back asap and try and be as detailed as possible for those of you who have upcoming stays!

And I agree with @invalyd - between the all-inclusive and the current Hyatt points rebate promo it makes this quite a 'value' redemption.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 7:15 pm

Programs: Everything
I called the World of Hyatt CS phone line and was able to switch my April 2021 stay to mid August 2020, in order to take advantage of the inclusive meals (which I think might disappear by next April) and the limited time 25% rebate. The website was ambiguous about if the nights I wanted were available for points but the fabulous CSR was able to process 3-night change for me. I am getting to stay there will all meals for 22,500/night after rebate. Value of our stay is $1700/night. Quite the redemption!
Old Jul 12, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
I called the World of Hyatt CS phone line and was able to switch my April 2021 stay to mid August 2020, in order to take advantage of the inclusive meals (which I think might disappear by next April) and the limited time 25% rebate. The website was ambiguous about if the nights I wanted were available for points but the fabulous CSR was able to process 3-night change for me. I am getting to stay there will all meals for 22,500/night after rebate. Value of our stay is $1700/night. Quite the redemption!
Curious if the website showed award availability for your desired mid-August dates when you called to make the change. For the past week I've been searching all dates in August (about once a day) and have found no availability.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone heard back from the Guest Relations team? I got a stock email from them telling me to make reservations for activities, etc. prior to our stay next week. This was more than a week ago and they have not responded to my two emails since. I know they aren't fully open until the 15th but I imagine that the team is working given they were the ones who emailed me first. Their phone number also just rings and then gets transferred to the general hotel line (no one picks up there, either).

I normally wouldn't care as much, but with the fitness center reservations-only, I want to ensure that we get the best time slot for our schedule since that's an important element for us.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Diamond
Open Nights

It looks like some new availability is opening. I just booked 2 nights Oct 25-27 using points. I am planning on applying a DSU as well. Which suite does this usually book into?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 9:41 pm

has it been confirmed yet if award bookings will still be charged the 22% automatic gratuity?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.