Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Troopers
Feb 5th is looking likely with Newsom's lifting of statewide stay-at-home orders.
I emailed Ventana about my late February reservation and they responded that they would be opening back up on February 5th.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
I emailed Ventana about my late February reservation and they responded that they would be opening back up on February 5th.
You should be good unless Newsom decides to flex again.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Troopers
You should be good unless Newsom decides to flex again.
Or it succumbs to 15+ inches of rain in the next 48 hours.
dw and Kacee like this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Or it succumbs to 15+ inches of rain in the next 48 hours.
Or if people don't follow COVID guidelines and everything ends up having to be shut down again
SST and ralphs like this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Or if people don't follow COVID guidelines and everything ends up having to be shut down again
Spot on
Old Jan 27, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
anyone see any standard room available in feb?
Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
They only recently announced their reopening so you'll need to search for the dates you're looking for (/open to). There's certainly lots of standard suite availability.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 8:34 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
Yes, I booked Feb 10-12
Old Jan 29, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I've currently got a four night points stay booked in late-March. Any thoughts on whether four nights is too long here? Really just looking to relax and do some hiking. I'm considering moving the fourth night to somewhere in Monterey, but would appreciate the thoughts of those who've actually stayed here. Thanks.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 29, 2021, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I've currently got a four night points stay booked in late-March. Any thoughts on whether four nights is too long here? Really just looking to relax and do some hiking. I'm considering moving the fourth night to somewhere in Monterey, but would appreciate the thoughts of those who've actually stayed here. Thanks.
It's a nice place to decompress. The biggest issue I would have over 4 nights is with the menu, which is fairly limited. Also, it can still be rainy late March.

We did 2+2 at Ventana and Carmel Valley Ranch. That was a nice combination.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum
Looks like a big chunk of HWY 1 has fallen into the ocean due to the heavy rainstorms. Any idea how this will impact the hotel opening on 2/5? The missing section is near Rat Creek (36.0922820,-121.6185350). Obviously access from points South will be impossible, but it looks like the route from Carmel / Monterey will still be open.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's a nice place to decompress. The biggest issue I would have over 4 nights is with the menu, which is fairly limited. Also, it can still be rainy late March.

We did 2+2 at Ventana and Carmel Valley Ranch. That was a nice combination.
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek

We did four nights and it was probably the max I would recommend. We had the same thoughts as you regarding a night or two in Monterey initially and ended up doing all 4 at Ventana, however if we had to do it over again we would have done 3 nights at Ventana and 1-2 in Monterey (depending on when you arrive / leave).
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
We did four nights and it was probably the max I would recommend. We had the same thoughts as you regarding a night or two in Monterey initially and ended up doing all 4 at Ventana, however if we had to do it over again we would have done 3 nights at Ventana and 1-2 in Monterey (depending on when you arrive / leave).
Did you end up using your car much while you were at Ventana for 3-4 days, or is there sufficient activities within walking distance?
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Did you end up using your car much while you were at Ventana for 3-4 days, or is there sufficient activities within walking distance?
If would be absurd to visit Big Sur without a car if you are capable of driving
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Colin
If would be absurd to visit Big Sur without a car if you are capable of driving
Absolutely need a car. We left the property every day as there isn't really anything walkable beyond the property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.