Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
60 nights tonight 👍🏻
Sleep well.

David
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shoodawg
With 4 more in the next month.

However, considering the very poor upgrade experience over the last year, we likely will not prioritize WOH property stays go forward.

Hope your experience has been better.
Hopefully the upgrade and general Globalist experience next year will improve as after Feb 23 bunch of people who got Globalist status by only 15 nights last year will be weeded out.
My experience is 50/50 so far for suite upgrade and really depends on the property.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by zoneflyer
Hopefully the upgrade and general Globalist experience next year will improve as after Feb 23 bunch of people who got Globalist status by only 15 nights last year will be weeded out.
My experience is 50/50 so far for suite upgrade and really depends on the property.
The problem remains when upgraded rooms are available online and not offered to Globalists at check-in, as well as properties that require Globalists to pay for upgrades. The reduced number of Globalists won't fix that. Paid upgrade pitches - boy, does Hyatt love those!
agjil, hp12c and LowValueCustomer like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: 12 year UAL GS, LT Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium, AA Plat Pro
I am at 21 with 10 more yet on already booked reservations. It will be a struggle this year but I will likely manage enough nights to requalify.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:30 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Seagull689
can you elaborate? If booking a prive rate why would it matter if member, discoverist, or Explorist?
Late checkout normally suits my travel patterns and although listed as a prive benefit the guaranteed minimum 2 pm checkout for discoverist+ is a good benefit. Also useful for numerous non prive Hyatts.
WVmike likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Paid upgrade pitches - boy, does Hyatt love those!
Boy, do I love when a Hyatt front desk agent offers me a better room in exchange for money... (not necessarily suites, but one that I know I am 100% entitled to under all circumstances, such as Executive Floor, etc.)

A quick email to my Concierge and there are more points in my account and sometimes a manager knocking on my door to show me to the correct room. All without a single DYKWIA scene...
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Boy, do I love when a Hyatt front desk agent offers me a better room in exchange for money... (not necessarily suites, but one that I know I am 100% entitled to under all circumstances, such as Executive Floor, etc.)

A quick email to my Concierge and there are more points in my account and sometimes a manager knocking on my door to show me to the correct room. All without a single DYKWIA scene...
"A quick email to my Concierge" does not necessarily imply a 'quick response'. If I were to do this with my concierge, I would get a reply 48-72 hours later. Maybe the Hyatt Twitter team could handle this as well....
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
"A quick email to my Concierge" does not necessarily imply a 'quick response'. If I were to do this with my concierge, I would get a reply 48-72 hours later. Maybe the Hyatt Twitter team could handle this as well....
Yep. Mine will typically respond within 24 hours, but usually not immediately. Plus, her work week goes (IIRC) Sunday-Thursday, so the days that I'm most likely to check into a property are the days when my emails would get sent to the general concierge pool, and that usually means a longer-than-usual response time.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif

Except for "thank you for being a Globalist - here are the discounted rates for Globalist upgrades" - how lovely.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Small sample size and all that, but the replies here suggest that fewer people are on track for 60 nights than at this point in 2018 or 2019, despite airfares and hotel prices being through the roof. Business travel clearly still way below pre-Covid.
JetAway and josephstern like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Currently at 36, nothing booked. Will probably hit 60 in Nov with just WoH CC spend.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by js1993
Small sample size and all that, but the replies here suggest that fewer people are on track for 60 nights than at this point in 2018 or 2019, despite airfares and hotel prices being through the roof. Business travel clearly still way below pre-Covid.
In an abstract way I feel like I'll benefit from having fewer other Globalists out there, but I honestly can't really point to a time where I've felt like too many Globalists have been ruining the party for me. I suppose it's possible in regards to suite upgrades, but I doubt they're really the ones taking suites from me - I think it's generally paying customers. And I've had very good success with TSUs this year.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by js1993
this is 100% correct. I’m part of the ownership group for a Marriott autograph collection hotel that’s relies heavily on biz / group bookings and it’s still way down compared to precovid. Leisure hotels that we have on the other hand are on pace for all time record revenues.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:37 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
In an abstract way I feel like I'll benefit from having fewer other Globalists out there, but I honestly can't really point to a time where I've felt like too many Globalists have been ruining the party for me. I suppose it's possible in regards to suite upgrades, but I doubt they're really the ones taking suites from me - I think it's generally paying customers. And I've had very good success with TSUs this year.
Agree with you. I actually think it’s less about competition for upgrades and more just that when everyone is Globalist then hotel management gets tired of providing the benefits to basically every Joe Schmoe who comes through the door. When the percentage of guests who are Globalist is whittled down next year then hopefully we will see fewer shenanigans from hotels trying to weasel their way out of providing benefits since it won’t be as “detrimental” to their business.

Oh, and I’ll be at 32 nights on Sunday - will hit Glob again for sure, though I will say that no big family Asia trip really makes it a little bit tougher.
josephstern likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by hp12c
Agree with you. I actually think it’s less about competition for upgrades and more just that when everyone is Globalist then hotel management gets tired of providing the benefits to basically every Joe Schmoe who comes through the door. When the percentage of guests who are Globalist is whittled down next year then hopefully we will see fewer shenanigans from hotels trying to weasel their way out of providing benefits since it won’t be as “detrimental” to their business.
Properties that get used to customer-unfriendly shenanigans tend to continue with customer-unfriendly shenanigans even when there is a decline in demand/numbers of those with top-tier status.

Once a party or person has gone cheap and remained so during boom times, the “cheapness” gets embedded in their nature such that it doesn’t disappear all that easily in bust times. A decline in the count of “leisure Globalists” and “Globslist lites” — the latter also being those given free/easier Globalist status extensions — won’t change the nature of the hotel owners/operators who have gotten used to charging customers way more but not giving customers more for it.
JetAway, WVmike, strickerj and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.