Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I read an interesting article a few days ago ... sorry, I forgot to get the link.

It indicated that across the entire Hyatt chain, 40% of their business was from meetings and 30% from business travelers and leisure travelers, each. I think the business percentage was higher than 30% but lower than 40% (sorry, again, I don't remember the exact numbers)

So I guess they really don't care much if they lose some of the leisure business. Perhaps they're going all-out for more meetings/groups.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you find the link, please post it.

I wonder how that breaks down to Hyatt lines or to individual hotels.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
If you find the link, please post it.

I wonder how that breaks down to Hyatt lines or to individual hotels.
Likely from here

https://skift.com/2017/07/12/exclusi...pedia-impasse/

"Some 40 percent of Hyatt’s business is groups, around 30 percent is managed travel that comes directly through corporations or indirectly through travel management companies, and only about a third of its business is transient, including unmanaged or lightly managed business travel, and leisure travel."
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
YES!!!! That was it. Thank you for digging it up. I simply couldn't remember where I saw it.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
Likely from here

https://skift.com/2017/07/12/exclusi...pedia-impasse/

"Some 40 percent of Hyatt’s business is groups, around 30 percent is managed travel that comes directly through corporations or indirectly through travel management companies, and only about a third of its business is transient, including unmanaged or lightly managed business travel, and leisure travel."
That is interesting I am wondering how the others compare? remember that the planners and all attendees of the meetings benefit from their participation in the Hyatt program. We have used Hyatt as a company for meetings as well as my position on several boards and there are "points a plenty"

Having said that Hyatt is selling their "brand"

Never the less interesting not sure it's a basics for Hyatt not caring about the individual business traveler.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, AA Platinum
Stays compared to last year

Since we are half way through the year my compared stays in 2017 vs. 2016 looks like this.

So far I have 60% less stays with Hyatt in 2017. All of those stays have gone to Hilton and I have already re-qualified as a Hilton Diamond.

Looking to the 2nd half of the year I am planning on booking 80% of my stays with Hilton. The other 20% will go to Hyatt but a large chunk of that is a 10 day points redemption at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek for New Year. It will be interesting to see how Hyatt will treat a globalist at this location given their past history of not providing upgrades for Diamonds.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by NewAgeTraveler

Looking to the 2nd half of the year I am planning on booking 80% of my stays with Hilton. The other 20% will go to Hyatt but a large chunk of that is a 10 day points redemption at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek for New Year. It will be interesting to see how Hyatt will treat a globalist at this location given their past history of not providing upgrades for Diamonds.
If you aren't checking out until Jan 1 or later then, technically speaking, that PH BC stay would be a head start on next year's nights.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: QF P1, VA Velocity, Etihad P, IHG SPE Amb, Hyatt Glob
I've actually only had 3 stays so far this year at Hyatt's but ....requalified already on as I'm on 132k base points ytd. I can't imagine a scenario over the next few years where I didn't requalify on spend alone.

Last edited by drpopper; Jul 14, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
All of my stays this year are on points, or points and cash. My revenue stays are going to Hilton. No need wasting my money chasing a low level status at Hyatt.

It WAS a good program and I liked a number of the hotels, but it is just not worth it to me anymore.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
18 nights left to retain Globalist. Should hit 62 night end of year.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
8 paid nights, 16 free Hyatt Place nights (but 11 were at SXSW so thus worth a fortune).

I can't do 60 nights with Hyatt's footprint, even with some cheap Cat 1/2 P&C nights. They are just missing too many small cities. I'm just booking HP when it's the best value or a superior location, since status is generally is irrelevant there.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: QF P1, VA Velocity, Etihad P, IHG SPE Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick

I can't do 60 nights with Hyatt's footprint,
It's actually quite strange given their tiny footprint that they would double their stay requirements. I'd imagine a lot of Diamonds are going to struggle to maintain status if they are relying on stays.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I read an interesting article a few days ago ... sorry, I forgot to get the link.

It indicated that across the entire Hyatt chain, 40% of their business was from meetings and 30% from business travelers and leisure travelers, each. I think the business percentage was higher than 30% but lower than 40% (sorry, again, I don't remember the exact numbers)

So I guess they really don't care much if they lose some of the leisure business. Perhaps they're going all-out for more meetings/groups.
It's probably not all that different from other hotel groups' properties, if controlling for market segment and location.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It's probably not all that different from other hotel groups' properties, if controlling for market segment and location.
To a certain degree your correct however i think the larger ( by room number) and more brands will be somewhat differing in their target market, such as Residence Inns. Courtyards etc.

The main Hyatt brands yes I agree.

At the end of the day it will be interesting to see come March 2018 exactly what the final numbers are. I am sure by the first of the year 2018 Hyatt management will have a good idea or even a month before. That's when you might see some movement.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by edgewood49

At the end of the day it will be interesting to see come March 2018 exactly what the final numbers are. I am sure by the first of the year 2018 Hyatt management will have a good idea or even a month before. That's when you might see some movement.
I'm sure Hyatt already has a good idea what their status numbers will be (+/-) solely using data through July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.