Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Thats the part that really bothers me contributing to my lackluster drive to hit 60 this year. I too have had to ask many times and that's BS to have to ask. I even changed my stay tonight from the La Jolla Hyatt to Marriott because they are so damn lame in anything these days
I've been a SPG Plat 100 for the past 3 years and haven't once gotten an upgrade (all domestic) that I haven't asked for...

If you want the upgrade, it's not that hard to ask for it. Unless I'm on vacation, I don't care enough to ask.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Isn't that a well-thought-out program where customers have to avoid staying with the program or booking unwanted local nights to time the reaching of an elite threshold...
You could always hit the requisite 60 nights to qualify for Globalist whenever you want and then take a TSU at your 70/80/90/100 night mark to apply for a stay in December 2018.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by josephstern
For those who have no chance of making 60, they no longer have any reason at all to bother with Hyatt Place and Hyatt House.
That's the biggest problem for me... normally something like 40-50 nights, but now that gets me 4 lousy club certs.

I'm burning the last of my points and the free night this week and then have 2 more TSU's to spend. Then only my favorite properties will make me consider Hyatt. Sad to go, but WOH is pretty lame if you have to make an effort to find decent Hyatt properties or not being a US road warrior.

But I've so far managed to find some pretty nice independent properties and even some really great AirBNB places.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by esquesk
I've been a SPG Plat 100 for the past 3 years and haven't once gotten an upgrade (all domestic) that I haven't asked for...

If you want the upgrade, it's not that hard to ask for it. Unless I'm on vacation, I don't care enough to ask.

You could always hit the requisite 60 nights to qualify for Globalist whenever you want and then take a TSU at your 70/80/90/100 night mark to apply for a stay in December 2018.
Thats all fine but their program touts upgrades
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
27 Nights by the end of the week (14 July) and staying 4 nighs a week through August and than some in Sep/Oct. Should requalify with 60 sometime in Sep. Already requalified Hilton Diamond and will requalify Platinum on my next weekend stay at Marriott next month.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
38 nights, 7 more nights booked for July and 3 more booked for August right now. Should be hitting 60 nights by Q3 or early Q4.

If award nights counted, I'd be at 40 nights with 2 more booked in August. Would be nice
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
11 nights so far, unfortunately won't be able to re-qualify due to no Hyatt full service hotels in Kansas City/Norfolk/Westlake Village where I mostly spent my past 7 months... I got about 70 nights with SPG. All Hyatt nights are from DC/LA stays.

couple things:
- I used two certificates (5 brands, Hyatt credit card) in Nashville, was nice.
- I didn't feel any difference in room upgrade at all (PH DC, HR in several locations)
- I got two stays waived parking fee in HR Organ County and Nashville, very nice!

I'll miss Hyatt next year, have about 500k Chase points but it's time to try something else
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:21 pm

My hit rate for suites at non-US SPG properties, without asking, is above 75%. So some chains do manage to actually fulfil their obligations significantly better than Hyatt on a global level.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I'm at 55 nights with just 5 nights left. I have some leisure stays booked in December that will push me over 60. Like others, I'm now waiting and pushing forward at SPG where I'll easily hit 75 nights (just crossed 50 nights). Depending on the next Hyatt promo, I may switch back to Hyatt sooner and forgo SPG100 Ambassador which I've found to be underwhelming.

At the very least, I'd do some quick analysis to see if it makes sense to hit 70 Hyatt nights (or 80) but avoid ending up with 61, 62, or 63 nights that may as well go to SPG. Curious how the Private Line works out. Very weird incentive structure that Hyatt has rolled out. Then again, I had no incentive to exceed 50 nights under HGP unless there was a lucrative promo like the 75k points one.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Thats all fine but their program touts upgrades
That was my point - IME, SPG doesn't do upgrades any better (and actually worse) than Hyatt.

Originally Posted by Duke777
Then again, I had no incentive to exceed 50 nights under HGP unless there was a lucrative promo like the 75k points one.
Ding ding ding! A consistent 1K per night bonus for nights 60 - 100 is huge!

Originally Posted by stargold
My hit rate for suites at non-US SPG properties, without asking, is above 75%. So some chains do manage to actually fulfil their obligations significantly better than Hyatt on a global level.
To be fair, my hit rate at non-US Hyatt properties is 100% because I confirm them at booking
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:27 am

To be fair, my hit rate at non-US Hyatt properties is 100% because I confirm them at booking
Yeah, for the four stays you get to upgrade with the TSU. Then what?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Yeah, for the four stays you get to upgrade with the TSU. Then what?
Fortunately, with WoH, I can get 8 per year. I don't need more than 6 annually and use them when upgrades actually matter to me.

If I care about an upgrade when I don't use a TSU, I'll ask for it. Same as with SPG.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
So you've stayed at least 300 nights with SPG in the past 3 years and never been upgraded without asking. There is 0.0000000001% chance that's true absent a very unique situation (e.g., you stay at a Sheraton with no suites 80% of the time, you book 20-30 nights at a time, etc.).

SPG isn't perfect, but it's not close to that bad.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by spgplat21
So you've stayed at least 300 nights with SPG in the past 3 years and never been upgraded without asking. There is 0.0000000001% chance that's true absent a very unique situation (e.g., you stay at a Sheraton with no suites 80% of the time, you book 20-30 nights at a time, etc.).

SPG isn't perfect, but it's not close to that bad.
Yes. Glad to know that I am the only person on earth who this has happened to (1 in 1T per your percentage above).

My stays are typically 4 nights M-F in San Jose, SF, NYC, or Boston. They all have suites and I've never once gotten a suite upgrade without asking.

I've gotten plenty of suites after having asked.

Last edited by esquesk; Jul 12, 2017 at 10:53 am Reason: math
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I am one of those 25 1-night stay guys, but all of my stays are at Hyatt's top tier locations like PH Paris, Churchill, Madeleine, Vienna, Zurich, Moscow, Chicago PH. I don't stay at any Hyatt House or Hyatt Place or even place like GH San Francisco. I did not think I would ever reach 60 nights this year, but am already at 35, with another 15 booked through September - by the end of the year (with a possible c/I c/o at a few hyatt places if necessary) I will make it.

What I have experienced so far with WOH this year was first upgrades at hotels like the Churchill, Bangkok, Zurich, Chicago, and now they don't bother at all. In fact most hotels don't honor the early check-in priority benefit (especially London Churchill) so you need to book night before (garners an extra night stay credit at least) and others like GH Dubai last week gave me a regular king room on the renovation floor and at first did not even provide club access. Hotel was wide-open due to low season in Dubai. To be honest, I did not ask for an upgrade, but in the future I am going to press this issue with each hotel.

Finally, it is really difficult to get a good Hyatt agent now, no more diamond agents, and it takes forever for them to process TSU. That said, I have enjoyed several TSUs this year due to the agents never pulling them out of my account.

I had not planned to stick with Hyatt this year, but at this point, I am all-in, based on my anticipated remaining spend this year and early next year, I should hit lifetime globalist. Once I do, I will likely move to another chain and really only stay at the exceptional Hyatt hotels.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Very very far away

2 Hyatt, 2 SPG, 4 Hilton, 36 Marriott, 12 "other"
Ditto, only 2 Hyatt stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.