Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by myperks
I’m still partially confused why we are talking about Texas properties that are sub-$80s. If one wants to qualify that way, so be it. I mean why not say we can get $40 rooms at the Excalibur. People go to Vegas for business as well. Lots of sub-$80 rooms there. And if we really need to mattress run, might as well do the a rustic checkin for $80.
Come on, surely long-tail behavior can be extrapolated to make grand sweeping proclamations, can't they?
myperks likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I'm not entirely convinced that Globalists who earned status from cheap HP or HH properties is that niche of a market. Business travelers from a variety of industries (including those focused around suburban and rural markets) stay in hotels, too - some of these travelers have been used to lower sub-$100 rates.

Prices are different now, for sure, and generalizations aren't going to be the best assumptions. However, we should all be free to make whatever speculations we want to make.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
Originally Posted by zoneflyer
I was not aware but apparently the corporate fast track program worked on current Globalist members, as I read somewhere that this won't work if you are already a Globalist member.
Applied for the offer end April and just reached 20+ nights last week, got an in-app update congratulating me reaching Globalist and showed my status to Feb 2024. My nights so far is at 39.
I will continue on the Hyatt stays planned for 2nd half of the year to reach 60 nights anyway to get the SUAs and FNA Cat 1-7.

Check if your company has an agreement with Hyatt on this program, basically need to stay 20 nights within 90 days once you activate the offer.
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ier-offer.html
This is extremely good to know. I'm struggling to come up w the math to get me to 60 nights this year, as most of my work travel this year is to a market with only 1 Hyatt located 20 miles form my site. Family travel though is exclusively Hyatt and we value Glob greatly.

I did see a corp challenge identical to what you detailed in this thread, but I assumed I wasn't eligible as current globalist. Have a heavy run of family stays in August -- can likely make 20 nights work over 90 days.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
So far this year I have 15 credit card nights, 11 nights on points (burning up some of the massive stash I earned with the promos in 2020 and 2021), and 10 nights paid in cash for a total of 36 nights.

I have 20 more nights booked at this point and will surely end up over 60.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I am at 33 nights YTD, including all the CC nights. I only have 6 nights booked, so I'll be tracking my progress closely.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I’ll end June at 31 nights. I am a Globalist who hit with last year’s 30 night requirement. I am uncertain whether I’ll make it all the way to 60, but do think I will make it to at least 50 this year.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1
I’ll end June at 31 nights. I am a Globalist who hit with last year’s 30 night requirement. I am uncertain whether I’ll make it all the way to 60, but do think I will make it to at least 50 this year.
This is me exactly. I think I’m fine if I don’t make Globilist status again. I will have some suite upgrades and club lounge awards I can use next year. I never had luck getting comp upgrades anyway.
FlyHappy33 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:53 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
19 Nights with 7 booked. I'm close to being done with Marriott Titanium so I can hit Hyatt hard in the second half of the year. Globalist will still be hard to keep though, we'll see.
Since this I had a couple of changes. I'm now at 22 Nights with 8 booked so Explorist is in the bag at least.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Still at 30 nights. Was going to get another 5 this weekend but the Rona finally got me so I had to cancel. Nothing booked until September so I'll have to add in an extra trip or two this summer or I'm really going to struggle to hit globalist.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Phoebe25
This is me exactly. I think I’m fine if I don’t make Globilist status again. I will have some suite upgrades and club lounge awards I can use next year. I never had luck getting comp upgrades anyway.
Same for me. I have found comp suite upgrades rare and many hotels I've stayed at have seemed extremely reluctant to give me a suite even when one is showing available.
I'm not a huge breakfast person so the breakfast benefit really doesn't bring me that much value. I do appreciate having access to clubs that offer adult beverages and snacks but most clubs are closed and the ones that are open have significantly pared down their offerings. The 4pm checkout is nice but the 2pm checkout that Discoverist/Explorist provides is typically good enough for me.
In short, I won't be heartbroken if I don't make Globalist status again next year. Explorist is fine.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:25 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Leisure traveller and just clocked over night 53 so well on track for globalist this year. To be honest I think Prive + Explorist is a pretty good combo without a need for Glob.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by chad75
Leisure traveller and just clocked over night 53 so well on track for globalist this year. To be honest I think Prive + Explorist is a pretty good combo without a need for Glob.
can you elaborate? If booking a prive rate why would it matter if member, discoverist, or Explorist?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:30 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
-----

Last edited by rota; Jul 4, 2022 at 11:42 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:37 pm

We're at 28

With 4 more in the next month.

However, considering the very poor upgrade experience over the last year, we likely will not prioritize WOH property stays go forward.

Hope your experience has been better.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:24 pm

60 nights tonight 👍🏻

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.