Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:13 pm

Anyone know how long spending on the credit takes to hit i met the last goal 5 days before the statement closed and now 4 days after it and nothing?
Old Oct 11, 2022, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ijones027
Anyone know how long spending on the credit takes to hit i met the last goal 5 days before the statement closed and now 4 days after it and nothing?
Typically 2 days but my statement has closed for 9 days this month. Sent secure message to Chase but no response for 5 days now.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:50 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had a couple credit card nights post and I'm waiting on a night from a stay yesterday which will bring me to 37 nights. Not enough time left I don't think.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I hit 48 close of last billing cycle. 12 of those are real stays. The rest is on spend. I"m not sure of my travel for the balance of the year, so I just may switch cards after this month and do a mattress run or two if necessary.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:11 am

Interesting there are quite a number who get a lot of qualifying nights via credit card. I usually use my Chase Freedom Unlimited for un-bonused spend to get 1.5 rather than 1 point. I have the Sapphire Preferred so I can transfer to Hyatt. I wouldn't normally charge anything beyond $15K on my Hyatt card other than a Hyatt stay.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by xooz
Interesting there are quite a number who get a lot of qualifying nights via credit card. I usually use my Chase Freedom Unlimited for un-bonused spend to get 1.5 rather than 1 point. I have the Sapphire Preferred so I can transfer to Hyatt. I wouldn't normally charge anything beyond $15K on my Hyatt card other than a Hyatt stay.
I have always had to do mattress runs to top of qualification. By paying taxes and almost everything else, including utilities, and eating the fee, it has cost me about $500 (so far) this year to get all those nights via spend. It is far cheaper to go that route than waste stays.
xooz likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xooz
I've only been getting 45-50 organic nights a year, so the 20-25 via the CC has been a game changer for me.

I do give up the extra .5 (don't have the CFU but aware of it). It's a trade-off that's worth it to me to get up to Glob.
xooz likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:59 am

I am using cards more this year, since I got the Business card. I'll spend $15K on personal and $10K on business, so think I will end up with 16 nights via cc.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: Globallist
99 nights. As of this morning. Yay me
Old Nov 5, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Serious Question -

A person participated in the Fast Track to Globalist currently has Globalist through 2/2024 and will have 40 nights after returning from a trip.

Is it worth it to push for 60 nights?

MHC is tempting, they won’t be able to use the Cat 1-7 by June which is the latest it could be so they’d be banking on getting 20k points for it which isn’t guaranteed. The only motivator would be the TSU’s though most of the time Suite Upgrades are provided for Globalist status and is much more likely with Glob lites dying out in 2/2023. One big resort trip planned for 2023 which is why the TSU could be a motivator, but 4 aren’t necessarily needed. They only have 7-8 organic nights planned for the rest of the year leaving them at 48 nights max. Obviously it would be worthwhile to do a 2 night MR, but 12 nights while tempting is it worth it with the above information?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Just hit 59 nights. So either going to do some CC spend or a 1 night mattress run at a Hyatt place on 12/27 if I dont more or less organically get more nights from CC spend.

Last edited by rajuabju; Nov 5, 2022 at 6:24 am
Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:19 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Currently at 45 nights, with six more on the books until December 31st. Being based in Kuwait, settling into a new job and with the World Cup coming up and either clogging all regional rooms or jacking up their prices, figuring out how to get those last nine nights in has been frustrating as I want to requalify for Globalist, but dread having to spend the outrageous amounts [cash or points] demanded by the two Hyatts in Kuwait.

khabah
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Globalist
Currently at 44 nights. 2 from CC spend will come at the end of the month and 9 from actual stays already booked. Debating if it's feasible to do a mattress run by the end of the year for those final 5 nights.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Requalified at 60 nights as of yesterday. It will be nice to have for another year, but I will have to see how my travel patterns pan out next year. Only 6 more nights booked for the rest of the year - all but 1 internationally as my US Hyatt experiences have been trending poor lately.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Serious Question -

A person participated in the Fast Track to Globalist currently has Globalist through 2/2024 and will have 40 nights after returning from a trip.

Is it worth it to push for 60 nights?

MHC is tempting, they won’t be able to use the Cat 1-7 by June which is the latest it could be so they’d be banking on getting 20k points for it which isn’t guaranteed. The only motivator would be the TSU’s though most of the time Suite Upgrades are provided for Globalist status and is much more likely with Glob lites dying out in 2/2023. One big resort trip planned for 2023 which is why the TSU could be a motivator, but 4 aren’t necessarily needed. They only have 7-8 organic nights planned for the rest of the year leaving them at 48 nights max. Obviously it would be worthwhile to do a 2 night MR, but 12 nights while tempting is it worth it with the above information?
MHC is almost totally useless to me. I'd stop at 50 nights if I were in that position.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.