Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
@78 paid night now mostly in Asia (Shanghai and Shenzhen, these Hyatt almost always offer me suite now since I stayed so much on these properties)

May well hit 100 night EOY...
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by hdfdisk
@78 paid night now mostly in Asia (Shanghai and Shenzhen, these Hyatt almost always offer me suite now since I stayed so much on these properties)

May well hit 100 night EOY...
There is a HUGE difference between staying domestically ( US ) and international it's almost two separate companies
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
SPG 74/Marriott 3/Hyatt 12. 1 more suite award and 56,000 more points to burn and I will achieve top tier in the World Without Hyatt program.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
SPG 74/Marriott 3/Hyatt 12. 1 more suite award and 56,000 more points to burn and I will achieve top tier in the World Without Hyatt program.
I am at 43 nights with Hyatt this year (921,000 base points lifetime) and that is where it will end. It was a good run, and I feel nostalgia for good ol' days, but all good things must come to an end.

I have managed give away about 500k points to family and have only 250k left to burn. Haven't been able to use even one TSU this year!

Hilton and Starriott got most of my international premium business that would have gone to Hyatt. International nights are 15 SPG, 15 Marriott, and 55 Hilton. Domestically, I am at 20 Wyndham, 10 Hilton, and 10 Marriott.

Last edited by zombietooth; Sep 19, 2017 at 2:22 am
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by zombietooth
I am at 43 nights with Hyatt this year (921,000 base points lifetime) and that is where it will end. It was a good run, and I feel nostalgia for good ol' days, but all good things must come to an end.

I have managed give away about 500k points to family and have only 250k left to burn. Haven't been able to use even one TSU this year!

Hilton and Starriott got most of my international premium business that would have gone to Hyatt. International nights are 15 SPG, 15 Marriott, and 55 Hilton. Domestically, I am at 20 Wyndham, 10 Hilton, and 10 Marriott.
well move over I'm joining you ! p.s pass the croissants
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

Curious to why you don't just finish up life time Diamond with Hyatt? With your annual nights I can't image it would take more than a year if you put in more nights and then you'd never have to requalify again.

I suppose the lack of bonus check-in points and no great promos during 2017 could add to your reasons for not chasing Hyatt status. Any major reasons to bail now, other than not being able to use DSUs?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
LOL! Yes, 52 of those nights were paid for by my employer, and 48 of them were at HPs/HHs. If it's any consolation, I'll make Globalist at the HP Richmond/Chester which no one would confuse for a PH. Pretty funny, I would think HP stays would be a 'hard earned' Globalist. I made AA EXP last year in a similar way: almost entirely on LGA and DCA shuttles.

Hyatt has been good to me; so can't complain.
I've requalified for Explorist this year almost exclusively on stays at a suburban atlanta HP, and I feel the same way. I've got mid-tier status with HH, SPG, and MR through Amex, so hitting mid tier with Hyatt gives me plenty of options to ensure I'll always get some bennies when booking the cheapest of the 4 for personal travel. I'm mainly shooting for accruing enough points/free night certs to pay for a nice week somewhere in Europe or Asia, since Hyatt points still have some value (the nearly 100k points I've earned this year with Hilton Honors might be good for two free nights at a Hampton Inn )
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
4 paid nights this year,only because of a conference that was held in a Hyatt. Still burning through a stash of points,using mostly at airport locations for early/late flights
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
Curious to why you don't just finish up life time Diamond with Hyatt? With your annual nights I can't image it would take more than a year if you put in more nights and then you'd never have to requalify again.

I suppose the lack of bonus check-in points and no great promos during 2017 could add to your reasons for not chasing Hyatt status. Any major reasons to bail now, other than not being able to use DSUs?
There are myriad reasons, here are a few:

1. International properties, where I used to be treated like a king now won't even let me use TSUs during my trade shows and where, for 15+ years, I could always previously get a suite. Hilton, by contrast, has really stepped-up to the plate for my long-term international stays. For example, I am now doing 40+ nights at the Tokyo Hilton per year, and the management has personally reached-out to make sure that I always get a great room and extra perks.

2. Poor treatment of my relatives on "Guest of Honor" stays internationally.

3. Abysmal customer service response this year. In fact, I still have no resolution to two serious problems after multiple emails and phone calls. My last email response was from a script. I should fight for resolution to these serious issues but, at this point, I am just writing Hyatt off.

4. Lots of mid-week "closed club" situations this year (domestic).

5. I've gotten not one suite upgrade this year. I realize that this is probably a product of where I travel and the fact that most of my stays are for a week or longer, but the "best available room, including suites" benefit is worthless to me.

It just feels to me that the entire culture of Hyatt has changed from "surprise and delight" to "obfuscate and deprive".

Honestly, Hyatt treated me fantastic for 25+ years, and I have many pleasant memories, but that is just not enough to stick with them while hoping for improvement.
bsdstone and ZBigFam like this.

Last edited by zombietooth; Sep 19, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
There are myriad reasons, here are a few:

1. International properties, where I used to be treated like a king now won't even let me use TSUs during my trade shows and where, for 15+ years, I could always previously get a suite. Hilton, by contrast, has really stepped-up to the plate for my long-term international stays. For example, I am now doing 40+ nights at the Tokyo Hilton per year, and the management has personally reached-out to make sure that I always get a great room and extra perks.

2. Poor treatment of my relatives on "Guest of Honor" stays internationally.

3. Abysmal customer service response this year. In fact, I still have no resolution to two serious problems after multiple emails and phone calls. My last email response was from a script. I should fight for resolution to these serious issues but, at this point, I am just writing Hyatt off.

4. Lots of mid-week "closed club" situations this year (domestic).

5. I've gotten not one suite upgrade this year. I realize that this is probably a product of where I travel and the fact that most of my stays are for a week or longer, but the "best available room, including suites" benefit is worthless to me.

It just feels to me that the entire culture of Hyatt has changed from "surprise and delight" to "obfuscate and deprive".

Honestly, Hyatt treated me fantastic for 25+ years, and I have many pleasant memories, but that is just not enough to stick with them while hoping for improvement.
Thanks for the detail. Sadly it sounds like you aren't alone but I guess I was hopeful that Hyatt was treating some of their high stay guests a bit better.

It will be interesting to see if Hyatt makes any positive changes to the program for 2018. If they do, it might be too late for a lot of people, the damage already done.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'll probably end the year at 40, hitting glob with the credit card fast track. The TSUs and Cat 1-7 free night isn't enough to justify a 20-night mattress run. It's just cheaper to book a suite, or pay for the PH Vendome/PH Maldives if I really wanted to stay there.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by solewalker
I'll probably end the year at 40, hitting glob with the credit card fast track. The TSUs and Cat 1-7 free night isn't enough to justify a 20-night mattress run. It's just cheaper to book a suite, or pay for the PH Vendome/PH Maldives if I really wanted to stay there.
Just remember that your CC race to Globalist will not result in a "full" Globalist more like a Globalist Lite
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Qualified Nights YTD:
Base Points YTD:

Just burning up points, only 117k to go.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Just remember that your CC race to Globalist will not result in a "full" Globalist more like a Globalist Lite
Ehhh, I would consider it full globalist, it is just without the 4 DSUs and free cat1-7. You still get club access/breakfast amenities, are upgradable all the way to suites at checkin, resort fees waived, the extra 10% point bonus, etc.

I am only at 21 nights for the year, and will end the year at 38 nights. I will qualify for globalist via CC promotion (after 15 more nights).

Next year, I am booked for 30 nights plus 3 pt nights which don't count -- I expect to hit somewhere between 40 and 60 depending on the highly unpredictable nature of funding for work travel. If I get up to 55 nights next year via regularly planned travel, I will mattress run up to 5 nights to requalify.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by solewalker
It's just cheaper to book a suite, or pay for the PH Vendome/PH Maldives if I really wanted to stay there.
Truth!

I was recently refused a base suite upgrade in Manhattan on a 3 night stay, while simultaneous availability was showing on the website. When I enquired about this, I was told that they didn't have availability for the "block" of 3 nights but, if I wanted to pay, I could get a suite for an extra $100- per night. So, I just paid the $300-. This was leisure travel, I can't pay for upgrades on business travel.

I think that Hyatt is copying United's TOD model: i.e. don't give away any upgrades to your elites for free if you can sell them for a discount for cash. Since UA has been very successful with their model, there is no reason to believe that Hyatt won't enjoy similar results.

Last edited by zombietooth; Sep 20, 2017 at 4:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.