Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I'm at 59 nights for the year.. with 1 booked for Sunday/Monday three nights on a potential trip booked for end of October.

It's funny, but the biggest benefit I'm excited about is being able to requalify at 55 nights. Some of the Hyatt Places I've stayed at... have not made qualifying fun (especially when there were full service hotels near by)
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Just hit 60 nights after a last minute trip to Toronto.

Now looking forward to just hitting 55 nights next year (I'll probably hit 60+, but I enjoy having less stress about staying at a crappy HH/HP when full service SPGs are close)
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
52 nights and holding.... no promos so all my stays now are going to Marriott... will finish Hyatt early December. Only disincentives to finish up early.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Hit 60 nights on Oct 30. 86,138 base points. I have 12 nights booked through year-end so far.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K / AA EXP / VX Gold / WOH Globalist / SPG Gold / HHonors Gold
I hit 61 nights on Oct 31. 52K base points. Not sure if add'l nights for remainder of year.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by StirredNotShaken
I hit 61 nights on Oct 31. 52K base points. Not sure if add'l nights for remainder of year.
Got an email from my Hyatt Concierge telling me it looks like I will not finish at 60 ( 43) now thanked him will write a nice letter to his boss before year end. AT least I have my Marriott LFT PLT to "fall" back on along with their footprint and SPG should be good.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:07 pm

I just received an email welcoming me to another year as a World of Hyatt Globalist. I hit 60 nights back in July or so. I'm at 89 now. The timing seems, uhm, curious.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I just received an email welcoming me to another year as a World of Hyatt Globalist. I hit 60 nights back in July or so. I'm at 89 now. The timing seems, uhm, curious.
House keeping
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
I'm at 55 but already have Glob through the 20 night promotion. I'll push through to 60 for the DSUs and rumors that potentially I might sort of almost qualify for a concierge.

I am hoping that the new GP brass from SPG restores some sanity and value to the GP program. Bring the name back, the levels, whatever, retro is all the new rage anyway.

SPG got my first 25 stays this year and will again next year. I am only getting to 60 Hyatt nights due to a ton of new project wins that probably don't recur next year.

However, restore GP by years end and those 25 nights go to Hyatt...
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
I'm at 55 but already have Glob through the 20 night promotion. I'll push through to 60 for the DSUs and rumors that potentially I might sort of almost qualify for a concierge.

I am hoping that the new GP brass from SPG restores some sanity and value to the GP program. Bring the name back, the levels, whatever, retro is all the new rage anyway.

SPG got my first 25 stays this year and will again next year. I am only getting to 60 Hyatt nights due to a ton of new project wins that probably don't recur next year.

However, restore GP by years end and those 25 nights go to Hyatt...
There is no looking back, change and devaluations are the norm. Look forward, embrace the future.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
No more Glob

I'm at 13 nights/7 stays at Hyatt for the year, and 38 night at a variety of other hotels/chains. I used to qualify on stays and 60 nights at just Hyatt is out of the question because of their footprint. And mid-level WOH is just not enough incentive to go out of my way to choose Hyatt. I get that level in 4 other programs by just holding a credit card. I've really enjoyed my 6 years as a Diamond, and will still use them because they really are the best option in several of my destinations.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
There is no looking back, change and devaluations are the norm. Look forward, embrace the future.
Your fanboi pandering aside, of which there has been a lot, there is now reason to believe that the former SPG exec now at the helm of GP/WoH may inject some SPG common sense into the qualification process.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Your fanboi pandering aside, of which there has been a lot, there is now reason to believe that the former SPG exec now at the helm of GP/WoH may inject some SPG common sense into the qualification process.
Can you (or someone) post the link of the appointment of the former SPG exec now in charge of Gold Passport aka WoH? Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I do like Hyatt. I just hit 60 nights and was immediately notified of the 4 additional TSU's in my account and the Cat1-7 free night. Also, about 2 weeks later I got an email from my newly assigned Hyatt Concierge. I've got more points, free night awards, and TSU's than I know what to do with, so yes, I am a fan.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by sapguy
Can you (or someone) post the link of the appointment of the former SPG exec now in charge of Gold Passport aka WoH? Thanks
http://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123615

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.