Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
62 nights, only about 6 so far are stays. That should change in the next week as I'm back on a regular cadence of two nights every two weeks for work. I'll sadly make 80 to 100 nights this year as we're putting. a lot of health care charges on that card. Would rather stay in a fleabag hotel for sixty nights than earn status this way.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Currently at 57 nights, although I'm missing a couple nights from MGM stays last week. Will get 3 more nights this weekend; expect to get to 80 nights by the end of the year. I'm also considering applying for the Hyatt Business CC, as the current promo would bring me above 100 nights, so an extra 20,000 points.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
47 (7 actual stays) Nights, have 3 FNCs I still need to use + a trip in November,
Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
21 nights now (2 actual nights, remainder from credit card), so 39 to go. Got the Chase Hyatt business card for double EQN to the end of year.
Have 14 paid nights planned for October, and will use three free night certificates later. $10000 spend on the business card will earn five nights, taking me to 60.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by jbeckett
21 nights now (2 actual nights, remainder from credit card), so 39 to go. Got the Chase Hyatt business card for double EQN to the end of year.
Have 14 paid nights planned for October, and will use three free night certificates later. $10000 spend on the business card will earn five nights, taking me to 60.
Legitimate question - why would you care about Globalist if you have travel patterns that cause you to only spend 2 nights in Hyatts from January to October?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Legitimate question - why would you care about Globalist if you have travel patterns that cause you to only spend 2 nights in Hyatts from January to October?
Suite upgrade awards.
Free breakfast at nice hotels.
The probability of more nights next year.

I'll use my two of the suite upgrade awards that I received this year in October, one for a seven night stay at Park Hyatt Vienna, and one for a 5 night stay in Budapest.
The other two will be used before they expire next year, perhaps in Taipei and Bangkok, or perhaps in the UAE.
There is enough value in Globalist to me to make it worth earning despite my expected stay patterns of 25 or 30 nights (all leisure, no business).
I was devoted to Hilton before last year since the credit card gave me Diamond status, but decided to give Hyatt a try and have enjoyed my stays so far.
gengo and Cometstar like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
I'm at 35 with 1 more planned. Don't think I'll make it even with the biz card and the 5 nights per 10k. Closest Cat 1 for a mattress run is far enough to make that not much of an option as well.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:31 am

Only 26 so far but looks like I should qualify by end of November thanks to the business card 2X promo. Earlier in the year I had booked 9 nights at the end of Dec for 3500 points per day as a possible way to qualify if needed, but looks like I won't need it now. A consideration I may need to make is whether I should keep a few of those Cat1 awards to get the 70 milestone suite upgrades. Haven't tried to put a valuation on that yet.

ETA: Just noticed with CC spend I may squeeze 70 nights by end of Dec. Yay me...
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: 12 year UAL GS, LT Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium, AA Plat Pro
Will hit 50 after I complete this 4 night stay in Austin for the WVU TX football game. Should add 6 or 8 more with CC spend, so should make it with no problem. Probably crossover 60 in November.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
62. I should hit 70 by mid December (it would be a shame to stop at 69, or hit 72 by cc spend.).

40 with Marriott, 46 with IHG, and 43 with Accor. Hope to hit 50, 70, and 60, respectively. 6 with Hilton and 9 with Hotels.com.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
61 and 4 more nights this week. Deciding whether to keep staying at Hyatt rest of year or get rid of all my remaining Marriott points before points devaluation next year. I don't want to stay at Marriott but I don't want to keep my marriott points
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
35.. Prob won't make it. I've had the Biz Card all year. It really kinda pissed me off that the double EQN promo is for new Hyatt Biz card customers only. So much so that I'm no longer going out of my way trying to renew my Globalist. Also, all spend is no longer touching my Hyatt Biz Card.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
I am at 27 nights so far. It was a tough year with zero nights from January - mid March. With so many lounges and limited restaurant access still, will probably end the year at 35-40 nights. Sad times to be losing status.
WVmike likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
6 nights / 900$
Old Oct 11, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
I’m no longer a baby globalist! Hit 60 at the beginning of the month, got an email from my new concierge about a week later. Should finish the year with 70.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.